Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2021

Options

Comments

This is crazy stuff altogether.... Nice red by Tian... No good posi tho

If Higgins was playing some less flaky qualifier than Tian; he'd already be beat 10-2, or 10-3 I'd say..... As it stands, he's now probably 1/4 with his 8-7 lead.

If Higgins was playing some less flaky qualifier than Tian; he'd already be beat 10-2, or 10-3 I'd say..... As it stands, he's now probably 1/4 with his 8-7 lead.

1/6 with spoils atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

Am thoroughly enjoying this match, so much muggery and tension but thats the crucible sometimes. Might sneak in one more frame after this but going to be a late finish tonight after the evening session.

No surprise really what’s happening here, Higgins is the master of match play snooker and is giving an exhibition of it right here. This game is not all about making century breaks but cometh the hour cometh the man

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

FR01 wrote: »
    No surprise really what’s happening here, Higgins is the master of match play snooker and is giving an exhibition of it right here. This game is not all about making century breaks but cometh the hour cometh the man

Cant really see there was anything exhibition like about higgins performance so far tbh. No surprise he dug in, of course, and kept battling through his own struggles, but man, did he require some amount of help from his opponent. An awful lot of help. But has been an engrossing contest, have enjoyed every minute of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

Cant really see there was anything exhibition like about higgins performance so far tbh. No surprise he dug in, of course, and kept battling through his own struggles, but man, did he require some amount of help from his opponent. An awful lot of help. But has been an engrossing contest, have enjoyed every minute of it.

It was an exhibition of match play hence the reason his opponent made so many mistakes.

"The Battle of the Titanium Ferrules" :D

Nice one there from The Sheriff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

sligeach wrote: »
    Tian's head must be in a mess.

Not nice to see a fella fold like that. He needs someone in his corner in those situations.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

They said earlier that Tian had 3 months (I think) of self isolation to get to play in the qualifiers.

Earlier Hendry said that Ding Junhui hadn't seen his wife and child in a year.

Robertson had talked about Lockdown and travel restrictions melting his head. And David Gilbert was talking about developing a bad routine in the past year.

So this year more than ever it may be about the 'marathon of the mind' and favour the old campaigners more than usual. In particular Higgins and even Willo who doesn't give a fig, and that could be just the perfect response here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,825 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dale not a fan of covid restrictions by the sounds of it..going off on one a bit..I’d say he’d have his producer in his ear, in fact the subject changed entirely fairly fast after that comment...

Lots of work for Kyren yet in this frame, going well though.

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    Dale not a fan of covid restrictions by the sounds of it..going off on one a bit..I’d say he’d have his producer in his ear, in fact the subject changed entirely fairly fast after that comment...

Lots of work for Kyren yet in this frame, going well though.

Anthony Hamilton i think, you mean. Really like him on the commentary, some good insights, never actually noticed that with kyren and the rest before. Such an unusual technique but incredibly effective. Really good quality clearance there.

Comes up every year but jeez Joe Johnson is brutal.

'Brown doesn't go end of break'. As Walden is down taking the brown and in it goes.

'That's an awkward yellow' As Walden pots a red to clinch the frame way before he needs to take the yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 24,825 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Anthony Hamilton i think, you mean. Really like him on the commentary, some good insights, never actually noticed that with kyren and the rest before. Such an unusual technique but incredibly effective. Really good quality clearance there.

Yep, brain drain, blaming the wrong guy.

Think Gary was about one inch from putting Kyren in real trouble there

Bar a couple of rather wild lashes there, from 1-5 in this match kyren has been quite outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

they may not be perfect but i hope bbc never loses the snooker world championships...its really good coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

dougm1970 wrote: »
    they may not be perfect but i hope bbc never loses the snooker world championships...its really good coverage.

Agreed. I know it gets a good bit of flack, but I enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

That was an important frame for Gary Wilson to take

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

That was an important frame for Gary Wilson to take

Yeah, he should be feeling a lot better now. I think it would've been essentially over at 8-5.

i notice some players play better in the evening sessions.

great possible last frame battle here with mcgill and walden

• Advertisement

Yeah that was a lovely long drag snooker on the yellow to get back into it. But that's it now

Have heard a few suggestions that ronnie has an easy draw to sfs here, but there are a few last 16 opponents I'd choose ahead of Anto McGill. He's now 19-6 at the world championships since 2015, he's twice a better player at this tournament than anywhere else. Definitely has the game to test ronnie imo.

higgins is so good.

The Sheriff of Pottingham talks and talks but it's ok, he's easy enough to listen to

Gary Wilson’s lack of cue power let him down those last two shots. Hammering the ball.

Have heard a few suggestions that ronnie has an easy draw to sfs here, but there are a few last 16 opponents I'd choose ahead of Anto McGill. He's now 19-6 at the world championships since 2015, he's twice a better player at this tournament than anywhere else. Definitely has the game to test ronnie imo.

Has a real tigerish way of playing he won’t roll over.

I am watching Ken on the red button. Ken saying how good Kyren was with the rest and he missed it :)

Jayus Gary pulled one back. Kyren leading 9-8

I am watching Ken on the red button. Ken saying how good Kyren was with the rest and he missed it :)

Anthony Hamilton did the exact same in eurosport so kyren was in effect double jinxed. Then tipped his cap to dear old Wille Thorne after he missed it by exclaiming "call the police."

• Advertisement

Kyren made a great match winning break. Started with long red. Pink and black not available so was all blues for most of it.

Advertisement