Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    need 150 posts to beat Dec 19.

Can't see that taking long.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

We are now 14k strong this year (plus 252). We've also surpassed Sept's total now and need 150 posts to beat Dec 19.

Will be something to look forward to in Jan. Getting the final total, comparing to previous years and speculating how we'll do in the year ahead.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Interestingly enough, the past 3 Mondays have been the weakest day of the week, where traditionally Monday is the strongest day of the week.

We have easily surpassed December-19's total now, and are shaping up to ending the year just shy of 15,000 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

How many posts do we need to get over the 15k? Sounds like a challenge

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    How many posts do we need to get over the 15k? Sounds like a challenge

208.... in 2.5 days :o

• Advertisement

Ah that’s totally doable!

Ah that’s totally doable!

last 3 days got 195 posts....

And to be fair there tends to be a slight bump in NYE traffic.

200 odd.... doable.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Btw, assume 15k would be a new record?

DvB wrote: »
    Btw, assume 15k would be a new record?

11k was a new record...

15k will be just silly haha

• Advertisement

11k was a new record...

Wow

We fairly smashed it this year so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

11k was a new record...

That is mighty impressive!

That is mighty impressive!

One of the positives about 2020, people needed Christmas more than ever!

It’s great logging in here during the year and seeing so many new posts.

Hate the way I am so busy in December and can hardly get in here

It’s great logging in here during the year and seeing so many new posts.

Hate the way I am so busy in December and can hardly get in here

Same the first 3 weeks of December are crippling busy.

To show how busy I was in December the last advent calendar door I opened was 15th of December... I have a backlog of chocolate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

No matter how busy I am, I could never forget my advent calendar!! :D

Omg, 2.5 days- I can't believe that's all left in 2020. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Posy wrote: »

Thanks be to god lol. I think as some of us surface from our Christmas cocoon we might just see enough activity to get over the line!

For the year it was amazing how fast it went.

For the year it was amazing how fast it went.

For me, March-June felt long enough but not in a bad way.

The good weather we got, meant I got to get out a lot and do more than I normally would, plenty of late night strolls in the park and on the beach.

After that Jul-Nov was a blur.

• Advertisement

I honestly felt the slowest point of the whole year was a week or two with extra work stress (above and beyond the normall levels) when I genuinely struggled to sleep etc & everything was a chore with no closure to the issues in sight. Other than that I cant remember in hindsight anything not racing by.

Makes me wonder, if we return to something akin to normality for the latter part of next year will the year go any slower or be just as fast as this one? I guess we'll find out in about 11 months or so:D

I'll do a proper write up on the results in Jan... but it's interesting viewing the year as a whole compared to last year.

I'll do a proper write up on the results in Jan... but it's interesting viewing the year as a whole compared to last year.

I think you hit the nail on the head earlier with the comment that we simply needed christmas a little more this year. It really was the beacon of light at the end (or at least thought to be) of a long dark tunnel so no surprise that people welcomed it earlier this year.

Did my best today to keep the post count up... that 15k target is too close to let slip. We may never get the chance again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Did my best today to keep the post count up... that 15k target is too close to let slip. We may never get the chance again.

Me too. I’ve been checking in today lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

11k was a new record...

Whatever we end up with, it will be a bumper year for the forum and as you said with the year that was in it people needed Christmas more then ever.

I certainly can say that at times having this forum was a great escape as somewhere I could come to chat with like minded people and know that there would always be a positive vibe and a friendly (virtual) face.

I’m sure there are other who feel the same, both those you post and those who browse.

Thank you all for making the forum what it is.

If ever there was a time this forum was needed it was 2020. I'll never forget the positivity and brightness it maintained in a year of many downs and few ups. It was an odd year for us Christmas fanatics but even if it was only virtual there was a lot of comfort yo be had in the knowledge that we got through it all together. And we will have happier days again.

And hopefully we will all meet 'in real life' some day soon.
    Ye are just a great bunch and you've all made this year a lot better than it otherwise would have been. I can't wait to buy a few drinks for y'all one day. :D

And hopefully we will all meet 'in real life' some day soon.
    Ye are just a great bunch and you've all made this year a lot better than it otherwise would have been. I can't wait to buy a few drinks for y'all one day. :D

I second this. Second round is on me.

Christmas Forum posters restoring my faith in the internet since 2010.

• Advertisement

Third is on me!

Advertisement