Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    This is now the busiest month ever for the Christmas forum, surpassing the previous busiest (last month :pac:) and we have now surpassed 12k posts for the first time ever.

We passed 11k on Nov 18th and 12k on Nov 26th!!! Thats 1000 posts in 8 days!!

Now that, as they say, is an impressive stat!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    We passed 11k on Nov 18th and 12k on Nov 26th!!! Thats 1000 posts in 8 days!!

Now that, as they say, is an impressive stat!

Beat our 1k record by 1 day I believe!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So November 2020 is done and dusted and in the bag and I think this will be a November the Christmas Forum will never forget, we ended up surpassing 3k posts, the most ever for a single month.

November now makes up 25% of our overall posts for the year.

We ended up beating last November by 738 post and YTD we are ahead of last year by 1,772 posts.

We ended up beating last November by 738 post and YTD we are ahead of last year by 1,772 posts.

Wow, just wow....

So November 2020 is done and dusted and in the bag and I think this will be a November the Christmas Forum will never forget, we ended up surpassing 3k posts, the most ever for a single month.

Isn't November traditionally the busiest month? Or have I remembered that wrong? Always had it in my head things quietened here once the actual holidays started hence the drop off in posts, that & people having less time in the run up.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Isn't November traditionally the busiest month? Or have I remembered that wrong? Always had it in my head things quietened here once the actual holidays started hence the drop off in posts, that & people having less time in the run up.

You are absolutely correct sir. Out of the past 3 years November was the busiest month of them all.

Once people's holidays from work start and as they spend more time with loved ones their posts drop off. And at the end of the day isn't that what it's all about spending time with loved ones.

Yea, can understand that. I know personally, the closer it gets to the big day the less i post as usually finished up work and have lots to do. Might be a bit different this year however will most likely try to reduce the screen time (apart from Christmas movies) once done work.

I find next week and the week after I'm usually my busiest and I don't get time to post on here. I have more time when I'm off.

I'm just so busy trying to get everything in work tidied up before I log off.

As i said last night, i've entered the work chaos whirlpool that wont end until the 18th when I sign off for the year, in reality I shouldn't even be posting now I've that much to get done today.

As i said last night, i've entered the work chaos whirlpool that wont end until the 18th when I sign off for the year, in reality I shouldn't even be posting now I've that much to get done today.

Same but I'm not feeling the best today so I need to get as much joy in as possible on here haha.

• Advertisement

Same but I'm not feeling the best today so I need to get as much joy in as possible on here haha.

My excuse is stress management!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Once people's holidays from work start and as they spend more time with loved ones their posts drop off. And at the end of the day isn't that what it's all about spending time with loved ones.

Totally !

I am not on Social Media (Boards included) at week-ends: loved ones get my full attention !

I also disconnect as soon as I log off work for my Christmas holidays.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I check in on the touch site usually over the Christmas, so it doesn't take over much of my day. :)

I'd always post here on Christmas Day, it would be rude to post here all year then not pop in for the big event to wish everyone a happy day!

I don't use Boards at work, so wouldn't post much during office hours in general. So Christmas holidays don't disrupt my posting too much.

Posy wrote: »
    I check in on the touch site usually over the Christmas, so it doesn't take over much of my day. :)

I'd always post here on Christmas Day, it would be rude to post here all year then not pop in for the big event to wish everyone a happy day!

I always like to pop in on the best day of all, christmas eve, especially as I'm usually up early to go & collect the turkey & ham so have the phone for company as the rest of them sleep away merrily. Christmas day can be hectic so cant guarantee I'll even think of my phone never mind use social media.

Posy wrote: »

I don't use Boards at work, so wouldn't post much during office hours in general. So Christmas holidays don't disrupt my posting too much.

Same I use the touch over the holidays, I love posting on here on the big days themselves, brings you right back to the day when reminiscing on here in later years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Same I use the touch over the holidays, I love posting on here on the big days themselves, brings you right back to the day when reminiscing on here in later years :)

Not sure there is one but what about doing an annual Christmas Eve check in thread, and the same for Christmas Day. Then each year you can read back to the big days posts

Not sure there is one but what about doing an annual Christmas Eve check in thread, and the same for Christmas Day. Then each year you can read back to the big days posts

Oooooh good idea, could do one on Christmas Eve, even call it Merry Christmas 2020 and people can use that.

So after 2 days we have surpassed April’s total number of posts.

And after 3 days we are on course to passing May’s total number of posts.

Was wondering why we were getting a stat attack so early in the month!

I'm going to say by the 10th we'll have knocked off pretty much every other month (bar Nov & Oct, maybe Jan).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Christmas Letter's thread was useful.

• Advertisement

The Christmas Letter's thread was useful.

If there was wording of some illegal gambling on the number of posts I’d be suspicious of that thread :D

At some stage over the weekend, we passed the 13k posts mark for the first time ever in Christmas Forum history.

At some stage over the weekend, we passed the 13k posts mark for the first time ever in Christmas Forum history.

I'm pretty sure if I go back a couple of pages, I guessed we might get to 12.5K by the year end!

Little did I know the power of the Christmas forum :D

@Loughc- we must have surpassed a few more months by now??

TRS30 wrote: »
    @Loughc- we must have surpassed a few more months by now??

Consider Jan-Aug defeated.

We are closing in on 14,000 posts as well now. Halfway through the month and I can pretty much guarantee Nov will be the biggest month of the year for us this year again, keeping trend with past years.

I can pretty much guarantee Nov will be the biggest month of the year for us this year again, keeping trend with past years.

Makes sense as people drop off the grid so to speak once the holidays from work start, that & simply having too much to do. So we lose out on 8-9 days of regular posting.

Makes sense as people drop off the grid so to speak once the holidays from work start, that & simply having too much to do. So we lose out on 8-9 days of regular posting.

Exactly!

I'm spending too much time working on my Advent calendar game answers...............not :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

:D

• Advertisement

We are now 14k strong this year (plus 252). We've also surpassed Sept's total now and need 150 posts to beat Dec 19.

Advertisement