Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Also have an assignment due Sunday and another the following Sunday so will be up to my eyes for the next week and a half and them my diploma is done. Just the 2 year masters then 😂😂😭😭

But the mid term break is coming up soon and easter not far behind.

There we go, another 4 posts 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I remember doing a part time masters in Trinity a few years ago, the twins were only 5 or 6 at the time and I was in the middle of a huge project in work too, I still to this day have no idea where I got the energy to get through it all. Its incredibly tough studying on top of working full time, I admire anyone taking it on. Fingers crossed you get the rewards now.

Post edited by DvB on
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I don't know how anyone does it and hats off to people who can work and study with young children. When I finished my degree, I said I'd take a year or two off studying and go back and do a post-grad. That was 20+ years ago and I never went back! I don't think I would know how to study anymore.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Completely agree, hats off to anyone who can do study with 2 small kids, I'm exhausted just working and being a dad!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Always said I wouldn't go back. But then I realised what I wanted to do with the rest of my life and unfortunately it requires the masters.

Thankfully the youngest is 12 and will be in secondary school in September when I start back. No more lifts needed to and from school as it's much closer to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

Tried doing my ACCA exams while working full time and having a toddler just about to be 3. Failed one exam in 3 separate sittings all by less than 5 marks each time. SOUL DESTROYING! Hats off to anyone that can do it and be successful because I couldn't. Have to reevaluate later in the year my next steps.

Wouldn't be too hard on yourself, its a terribly difficult thing to juggle. And I remember my wife telling me how bloody difficult those ACCA exams are too.

• Advertisement

@Loughc how'd we do on the weekly posts count... by my perception it seemed a little lower than last week. I know I haven't been around as much this week though, but when I did log in there wasn't that many posts I'd missed each day so seems less than last week.

I actually don’t do week on week comparisons. All I know is yesterday was a bumper day and we are only 1% off last years total at this stage of the month.

So while it does seem quiet it’s the same as last year.

1% is practically negligible so thats maintaining a decent amount of posting.

For me it’s not even about the numbers it’s all about the chats. Since having a second newborn you realise how little interaction you have with your other half or other adults so I’m well invested in the convos on here haha

Stats for Feb are in.... 163 posts behind on last Feb and 540 posts behind on January.

3rd Quietest Feb on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It definitely got quieter towards the end of the month I think!

Yeah big time, picked up in the last couple of days but we definitely went through a dry spell haha

I'd suggest another tournament or suchlike but are there enough people popping in day on day now to actually run one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I had definitely been posting a lot less the last month or so.

However, once I saw there was snow in the country, I checked in and the Christmas forum had come alive again!

Out of interest, what was March 2023 like in terms of posts?

• Advertisement

Interesting that March had more than Feb. You'd assume the numbers would fall further as we came into spring.

To the surprise of no one we are behind on last March.

We ended up 324 posts behind on last year and 60 posts behind on last month.

April started strongly, last year we had a massive drop off from March to April, looks like we will remain flat this year.

Certainly looking (& feeling) like a quiet spell on here, even allowing for the natural fall off at this time of year. Definitely seeing less interaction on here since Christmas ended, less than any other recent year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭BK5

There's a thread on the main page asking is Boards dying or something to that effect, sure hope not.

It's definitely at its lowest ebb since I joined back in the day.

The Change of platform was the single biggest factor imo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, unfortunately Vanilla killed off a lot of smaller forums, it has been nothing but a mess since they changed over.

in fairness a “is boards dying” thread pops up as often as “is Christmas getting earlier”? Thread in after hours.

The switch over in vanilla didn’t help but there’s a big community here will keep us all going and if it ever goes we wil have to keep our own community going somewhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh definitely. We were one of the very few 'smaller' forums/fora that flourished after (in spite of) vanilla!

• Advertisement

The funny thing is, its the same people starting the threads & contributing too.

Advertisement