Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,152 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    If we get over the line by 5 posts, special mention to Posy and Auto!!

Reckon we did it by way more.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thank

You :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Reckon we did it by way more.

I’m guessing 15,109.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    I’m guessing 15,109.

You were close...

We ended 2020 with....

15,085 posts!!!

a NEW record by 4,475 posts.

What an upswing on last years total of 10,610. A testament to just how badly we all needed Christmas in 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

December 2020 ended 666 posts ahead of Dec 2019 and was the 3rd most popular month coming in after November and 68 posts behind October-20.

Tuesday ended up the popular day of the week for posts by 38 posts, followed by Monday, then Thursday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and Saturday being the least popular.

And now the focus towards 2021’s total starts today. And already today 2021s posts are ahead of 2020’s at this stage last year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    You were close...

We ended 2020 with....

15,085 posts!!!

a NEW record by 4,475 posts.

What an upswing on last years total of 10,610. A testament to just how badly we all needed Christmas in 2020.

Woohoo!!

Let’s try beat that in 2021!!

kitten_k wrote: »
    Woohoo!!

Let’s try beat that in 2021!!

Unless this lockdown continues all year I think we might struggle to beat that number. I would love to though. Although we do love a challenge haha.

• Advertisement

Up 4.5k... thats phenomenal. That may be the high point for this forum reached. Be very hard to match or beat that methinks.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I hope we don't beat that- 2020 can bloody well keep the highest post record! :D

Posy wrote: »
    I hope we don't beat that- 2020 can bloody well keep the highest post record! :D

I agree it can keep that record if we get back to normal life in 2021.

I miss cinema, gigs, musicals and comedy shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Up 4.5k... thats phenomenal. That may be the high point for this forum reached. Be very hard to match or beat that methinks.

If nothing else we’ll have a positive memory of 2020!

Challenge accepted :D

3O95TRT.jpg

So here we are the full year in review as you can see Jan-Jul was pretty much neck and neck with 2019, then August happened... and it all escalated from there.

September and in particular October just saw silly amount of growth. The dark nights were replaced with the glow of the Christmas forum.

3O95TRT.jpg

So here we are the full year in review as you can see Jan-Jul was pretty much neck and neck with 2019, then August happened... and it all escalated from there.

September and in particular October just saw silly amount of growth. The dark nights were replaced with the glow of the Christmas forum.

Those last 4 months are incredible!
    Even August as a percentage is up close enough to 50%. wow!

Those last 4 months are incredible!
    Even August as a percentage is up close enough to 50%. wow!

I honestly can't wrap my head around October... like what the hell happened there! Unreal month.

In 2020 our lowest day for posts was a tie.

Saturday 18th April & Sunday 2nd August both with 1 post each. I don't even need to check I can guarantee those posts were Freshpopcorn's countdown posts.

Feb - Aug had 61 Days where post count was less than 10 posts per day. Crazy when you think of how quick the post have been flying in lately.

On the other side of the coin, the busiest day of the year was 2nd of December with 180 posts.

Sept - Dec had 41 days where post count was above 100 posts per day.

I honestly can't wrap my head around October... like what the hell happened there! Unreal month.

Yeah, that's odd, November is always our biggie but October is a huge increase.
    Was that when the 2nd lockdown was introduced or something?

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's odd, November is always our biggie but October is a huge increase.
    Was that when the 2nd lockdown was introduced or something?

Yeah I think it was.

October being so strong knocked December into 3rd place for the first time ever.

Yeah I think it was.

October being so strong knocked December into 3rd place for the first time ever.

And you'd have to hope with no lockdowns later in the year & things hopefully being back to normal (relatively speaking anyway) that we may not get anything like that level of traffic this year.

As was said a few times on here (& picked up Christmas FM) maybe it was as simple as 'we needed a little christmas' more so last year than ever before.

For now though, lets just see how we go.:)

And you'd have to hope with no lockdowns later in the year & things hopefully being back to normal (relatively speaking anyway) that we may not get anything like that level of traffic this year.

As was said a few times on here (& picked up Christmas FM) maybe it was as simple as 'we needed a little christmas' more so last year than ever before.

For now though, lets just see how we go.:)

And to echo's Posy's comments on this, if things getting back to normal results in less posts then let 2020 forever hold the record! :)

And to echo's Posy's comments on this, if things getting back to normal results in less posts then let 2020 forever hold the record! :)

Absolutely!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I posted a lot more for a couple of reasons, I no longer felt like a newbie and I was in clients office less. I simply will not log on when in a clients office for obvious reasons.

Unreal results. Loughc does the increase post count corelate to an increase in the time a Mod is required? I hope there are few issues a mod needs to step in to on this forum but you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I hope it results in ongoing higher traffic for the forum. I think a lot of people found the forum or came out of the more silent watching this year (myself included, I’d be much more of a reader than a poster) and I hope they stay

Incredible stars

Jude13 wrote: »
    I posted a lot more for a couple of reasons, I no longer felt like a newbie and I was in clients office less. I simply will not log on when in a clients office for obvious reasons.

Unreal results. Loughc does the increase post count corelate to an increase in the time a Mod is required? I hope there are few issues a mod needs to step in to on this forum but you never know.

On paper yes the increase in traffic could warranted an extra mod.... if it was needed, however this place is just too nice to need a 3rd mod, honestly this place doesn't even need me as a mod but 2 makes sense incase one mod is off enjoying personal time, from a mod perspective there is very little to do, the community here is the nicest, the worst we get is the stray you know it's only May, etc.

I hope it results in ongoing higher traffic for the forum. I think a lot of people found the forum or came out of the more silent watching this year (myself included, I’d be much more of a reader than a poster) and I hope they stay

Incredible stars

I have to agree, a few years back I was a lurker who read loads but seldom posted, but once I got more involved and started posting more it was a far more rewarding experience so I really hope a few more 'seasonal' visitors stick around and stay involved throughout the year. IMO the more varied the opinions, memories, ideas etc the more interesting & enjoyable the chat is in here so please do stick around.

So yesterday we broke the 100 post mark for the first time in 2021, it took us until September 24th to achieve the same feat last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

So yesterday we broke the 100 post mark for the first time in 2021, it took us until September 24th to achieve the same feat last year.

Wow! That's some achievement.

Advertisement