Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Currently watching The Santa Clause!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Were,what when, How?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Were,what when, How?

My house in Cork, since about 10 o Clock on DVD!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Love that movie, is up there as one of my Christmas favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Found a USB drive at the back of the TV yesterday & stuck it in the TV to see what was on it.... lo & behold our classic christmas film playlist in HD... sweeet, thought I had lost it & would need to copy them over onto a new one.

I know you can stream most of these but you never know whan buffering can sep in & ruin the fun so like to have these ready to go & foolproof!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    I know you can stream most of these but you never know whan buffering can sep in & ruin the fun so like to have these ready to go & foolproof!

Once you don't loss the USB :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    Once you don't loss the USB :D

Ah, I have the films on my PC anyway, was just delighted to have found this one when I did as I know I'd have went looking for it come November :D

My annual list is now all there in the one place...

Its a wonderful life (B&W)
    Christmas Vacation
    Home Alone 1 & 2
    Elf
    The Family Man
    The nightmare before christmas
    Miracle on 34th street (modern version)
    Scrooged
    Santa Claus the movie (the Dudley Moore one, not 'THE' santa clause with Tim Allen)

Only a few short weeks before we can start watching!! :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Ah, I have the films on my PC anyway, was just delighted to have found this one when I did as I know I'd have went looking for it come November :D

Christmas Vacation
    Home Alone 1 & 2
    Elf
    The Family Man
    Scrooged
    Santa Claus the movie (the Dudley Moore one, not 'THE' santa clause with Tim Allen)

Great list and similar to my own choices, although I like the Tim Allen version of the Santa Clause trilogy.

The Family Man is a new one on me though:o I will have to Siri/Google that one:D

PaulT21 wrote: »

The Family Man is a new one on me though:o I will have to Siri/Google that one:D

ooh, its a brilliant film, stars Nicholas Cage & Tea Leoni. I had it recommended to me by my sister the year it came out (2000 i think) & loved it from the first watch.

Hadn't watched it again until I'd met my Mrs & recommended it to her one December & she loved it as well, so we watch it pretty much every year in the run up.

If you have kids, theres one scene near the end that will defo bring a lump to the throat & tear to your eye.

Love that movie.

ooh, its a brilliant film, stars Nicholas Cage & Tea Leoni. I had it recommended to me by my sister the year it came out (2000 i think) & loved it from the first watch.

Hadn't watched it again until I'd met my Mrs & recommended it to her one December & she loved it as well, so we watch it pretty much every year in the run up.

If you have kids, theres one scene near the end that will defo bring a lump to the throat & tear to your eye.

Love that movie.

Thanks for the recommendation. I do like Cage. Will definitely check it out. I am a big softie though so could do without the tearjerker maybe:D:D

This forum has me cracked. Christmas FM back on the Sonos now again:o

• Advertisement

Christmas Vacation
    Home Alone 1 & 2
    Elf
    The Family Man
    Scrooged

Does National Lampoons Christmas Vacation not make the list??

Ps, just been down the Youtube rabbit hole watching clips of Christmas movies :)

You might be getting these for Christmas!
    107902796_3050747268305618_2229213154926949671_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=2Zlw7u8JV5wAX9Y17FL&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=bd7cbd4a65a4678b256e72d1e2c21620&oe=5F33AD5A

107902796_3050747268305618_2229213154926949671_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=2Zlw7u8JV5wAX9Y17FL&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=bd7cbd4a65a4678b256e72d1e2c21620&oe=5F33AD5A

More of a Whiskey/Whisky man myself but these will definitely be on my Christmas shopping list ;):D

More of a Whiskey/Whisky man myself but these will definitely be on my Christmas shopping list ;):D

I'm not into gin at all to be honest. I'd be more of a whiskey, brandy guy also.
    Gin always reminds me of Audrey from Coronation Street!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Does National Lampoons Christmas Vacation not make the list??

Ps, just been down the Youtube rabbit hole watching clips of Christmas movies :)

Eh its on the list... 2nd in fact... didnt bother with the NL moniker is all.

yep... whiskey fan here too. Used to like a Gordon's (yellow label) and Schweppes tonic of an occasion too if honest, but all thd newer hipster gins you can keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Chocolate and gin, unusual combination, would still try it though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks for the recommendation. I do like Cage. Will definitely check it out. I am a big softie though so could do without the tearjerker maybe:D
    I never heard of The Family Man before this forum!

Posy wrote: »
    I never heard of The Family Man before this forum!

Thanks Posy for taking the heat off of me, :)I though I was the only one who hadn't heard of it. This forum educates me daily!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I still haven't watched it, though. It's one for Christmas 2020, I swear. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Love that movie.

I love The Family Man.

Another Nicholas Cage Christmassy movie recommendation “Trapped in paradise”. Really enjoyable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Burn it with fire!!!

Eh its on the list... 2nd in fact... didnt bother with the NL moniker is all.

My bad, didn't see that when scanned the list. Knew you are a fan so should have made the connection!

I ordered my glasses Today. So, I’ll be able to see more Christmasy stuff this year from a distance.
    I had to pick the most expensive ones in the shop tough.

You and my wife would get on :D

I ordered my glasses Today. So, I’ll be able to see more Christmasy stuff this year from a distance.

I've done that the last few times. Always end up with designer ones no matter what. Which reminds me, I'm due an eye test... cha ching!!:D

Loughc wrote: »

Another Nicholas Cage Christmassy movie recommendation “Trapped in paradise”. Really enjoyable.

I remember you mentioning that before, must have a look out for it.

Seeing the current state of the UK & America with COVID19 has honestly made me worried about Christmas this year, I really feel we'll be back into some form of Lockdown this Winter. :(

Seeing the current state of the UK & America with COVID19 has honestly made me worried about Christmas this year, I really feel we'll be back into some form of Lockdown this Winter. :(

Had tuned out on a lot of it after the initial couple of months however with kids heading back to childcare soon and wife to head back to the office have been following things a bit more closely lately. Agree, the countries either side of us are not in great shape and can only have an impact on us unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I think it's inevitable unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement