Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

It's either they will be exclusively playing Christmas shoes or another song has offended someone and is now banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,152 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Christmas FM put up on Facebook yesterday that they will be making a big announcement this week, anyone got the scoop on this? :)

Announcing their charity partner I suspect.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Announcing their charity partner I suspect.

Good chance it will be something HSE/Covid related I would say.

I have a soft spot for the Guide dog charity, hope its them

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have a soft spot for the Guide dog charity, hope its them

Have a spot spot for animal charities myself TBH. Though I strongly suspect it'll be something related to the Pandemic as TRS30 mentioned in his post. Its a bit of a no brainer... though a depression related one would be a great call also.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It would be nice if they did something for the nursing homes.

Im sure it will be a great cause. I love hearing stories of folks ringing up and anonymously donating large sums.

I will continue to request Tom Jones for the board.

Less than 5 months to Christmas FM kick off too... strongly suspect it'll be Friday 27th Nov. Which 'should' be the late late toy show day too!

Whenever they announce it can someone throw a pic up for the non instagrammers

Less than 5 months to Christmas FM kick off too... strongly suspect it'll be Friday 27th Nov. Which 'should' be the late late toy show day too!

Another added bonus of working from home till next year will be having Christmas FM on in the back ground while work :)

I'm not on Facebook or the 'gram (I think that is what the cool kids call it!) so sometimes feel like I'm missing out on things......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Christmas FM put up on Facebook yesterday that they will be making a big announcement this week, anyone got the scoop on this? :)

They’ve just hinted on their IG page it’s in relation to Christmas in July. Very exciting. More detail coming durning the week.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

One week of Christmas FM? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

New Home wrote: »
    One week of Christmas FM? :)

That’s what I’m hoping.

hopefully there’s a charity element to it too as COVID-19 has severally impacted charity fundings.

Full announcement is being made tomorrow so at least we don’t have to wait all week :)

cP2MXEx.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Have a spot spot for animal charities myself TBH. Though I strongly suspect it'll be something related to the Pandemic as TRS30 mentioned in his post.
    They did several charity weeks on The Late Late Show (I'm told, I couldn't watch LLS unless someone had a gun to my head) and no animal charities amongst them. I'm not surprised, though, Tubbs doesn't strike me as an animal lover!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

RTE are showing the Late Late Toy Show Singalong on Sunday July 19th @6:30pm on RTE One. :)

https://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/anyone-for-a-song-late-late-toy-show-sing-along-to-air-next-week-1009942.html

DenMan wrote: »
    RTE are showing the Late Late Toy Show Singalong on Sunday July 19th @6:30pm on RTE One. :)

https://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/anyone-for-a-song-late-late-toy-show-sing-along-to-air-next-week-1009942.html

Is there more Christmas related stuff happening this July then normally or am I just imagining it?

I can totally see why it would be more with the year we have had so far.

From ChristmasFM
    WE’RE BACK! We’re live online tomorrow from 7am to midnight for ONE DAY ONLY to celebrate Christmas in July!

We all need a bit of Christmas cheer right now. To celebrate Christmas in July, we’re giving you the chance to win one of five €100 One4All gift cards.

To enter, follow Christmas FM on Instagram @christmasfm and share a video or photo telling us about your “Christmas Magic Moments”! It can be anything at all from memories to stories, songs, food and traditions, just something that makes Christmas magical for you.

And don’t forget to tune in tomorrow for Christmas in July! Listen online, on mobile and via smart speakers.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Is there more Christmas related stuff happening this July then normally or am I just imagining it?

There certainly is. But I imagine that’s a lot to do with padding out the tv schedules with the hole COVID-19 left in the schedules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,259 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

DenMan wrote: »

They’ must have lost the Reeling in the Years tape!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

They’ must have lost the Reeling in the Years tape!

:D:D

Loughc wrote: »
    There certainly is. But I imagine that’s a lot to do with padding out the tv schedules with the hole COVID-19 left in the schedules.

Hadn't really thought about that. Even though I did hear the better half muttering something about the soaps not been on as much :rolleyes:

Whatever the reason I'm all for any Christmas things, any time of the year :D

We're into the 160's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

TRS30 wrote: »

I felt there was a couple of Christmas things on tv last night. Although I'm not complaining. :D.

With the way the year has gone, and the miserable weather recently, we might as well fast forward to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

Listening to Christmas FM :)

I got a sudden urge to listen to this before I go to sleep!

Heard it more than once yesterday myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

One of my (many) favourites :pac: It always reminds of the scene it's in on Home Alone 2 :)

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    One of my (many) favourites :pac: It always reminds of the scene it's in on Home Alone 2 :)

I always find the twin tower scenes in it strange to watch. When I first saw Home Alone 2 I could never have imagined what would have happened to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement