Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

Mr E wrote: »
    To be fair, it's nowhere near November 1st. We're less than one month to Christmas now, so get used to the onslaught. :o

4 weeks tomorrow. Eeek

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mr E wrote: »
    To be fair, it's nowhere near November 1st. We're less than one month to Christmas now, so get used to the onslaught. :o

Actually MR E , the post was poorly written.

I meant those who were in the public who have internal lights up since 1st Nov, have wreaths on doors, some with Xmas trees up .. I have seen plenty in the first week of Nov.

Those kind of tools..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

fricatus wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, since I follow this thread, but really listen to very little radio any more... are we talking about Bóthar?

I think African lads would rather a ticket to Europe instead of a few animals for subsistence farming.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jervis Christmas ad is particularly irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It appears they’ve wheeled TG4’s sly and sultry Widow Quinn for the PhoneWatch black Friday ad, “suil eile” indeed.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

All the barely rhyming doggerel attempting to imitate The Night Before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Specsavers eye-scanner being launched is the most excruciating one I've heard for a while.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

The "elf" with put-on American accent.
    Good Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"I meant launch it to the public, not launch it on a rocket."

I can only presume that this was the same guy that ordered that printer for the Government offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,583 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Just heard it there.

Now all I need to hear is "Would m'lady care to dance?" and that's it. Christmas is here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

"Little boxes on the hillside,
    Little boxes made of ticky tacky
    Little boxes on the hillside,
    Little boxes all the same,
    There's a pink one and a green one
    And a blue one and a yellow one
    And they're all made out of ticky tacky
    And they all look just the same"

if a car company is using this song, to sell you it new car, and if its successful, and everyone goes out and buys the car, then by the very nature of it, wouldn't every car, look just the same, even though the add is telling you to be different???

forget the make and model of the car in question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭plodder

"Little boxes on the hillside,
    Little boxes made of ticky tacky
    Little boxes on the hillside,
    Little boxes all the same,
    There's a pink one and a green one
    And a blue one and a yellow one
    And they're all made out of ticky tacky
    And they all look just the same"

if a car company is using this song, to sell you it new car, and if its successful, and everyone goes out and buys the car, then by the very nature of it, wouldn't every car, look just the same, even though the add is telling you to be different???

forget the make and model of the car in question :)
    The juke box?

plodder wrote: »
    The juke box?

The Nissan Joke. Possibly one of the uglier SUVs on the market. Noddy car on steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The aer lingus ad backing track is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AR8lWlIc7s

if anyone was interested. I discovered this song on my grandads 78s vinyls a few years ago

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Now all I need to hear is "Would m'lady care to dance?" and that's it. Christmas is here.

Was just played there. I do think it finishes stronger than it starts though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

She just accepted the invitation and off they go to dance....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Please move if not in the right forum.

Has anyone heard the advert for the Suzuki Vitara on the radio?

Has to be, without question, the worst thing I've ever heard.

Premise is a guy going for the most important meeting of his life. But realises he has some spare time so says 'Lets play'. I was then expecting an advert for the Lottery or Paddy Power.

But no, the Suzuki Vitara.

Any other adverts that just scream 'should never made it past the storyboard'
    ??

Please move if not in the right forum.

Has anyone heard the advert for the Suzuki Vitara on the radio?

Has to be, without question, the worst thing I've ever heard.

Premise is a guy going for the most important meeting of his life. But realises he has some spare time so says 'Lets play'. I was then expecting an advert for the Lottery or Paddy Power.

But no, the Suzuki Vitara.

Any other adverts that just scream 'should never made it past the storyboard'
    ??

This one is covered in the “worst radio ads” thread but, if you see the ad on TV, it is a child doing the voiceover so it makes a little more sense.

The one on radio just sounds weird and unsettling.

This one is covered in the “worst radio ads” thread but, if you see the ad on TV, it is a child doing the voiceover so it makes a little more sense.

The one on radio just sounds weird and unsettling.

And the‘ Brendan Keenan’ type accent makes it worse.

The dude should be shot with bullets of oven-baked goat shïte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

There I was driving into work this am when the "are we there yet..." goat thingy came on. Followed straight away by the unctious and smarmy AIB eco ad when irelands most disreputable financial institute tries to convince us that they are pledging to be more eco friendly "every day". Jesus wept - thank god I have a CD player in my car, a library membership and loads of audiobooks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Those Wiltshire Farm Foods adds are so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

stoneill wrote: »
    Those Wiltshire Farm Foods adds are so bad.

They must be written by the same people who do a female version for pensioners who can't boil an egg or remember the name of the postman. Personally I enjoy the Wiltshire Farm Foods Ads as I try and imagine what Jimmy/Benny Hill/Pat Mustard are really delivering. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,583 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Just heard it there.

I've just heard these two in a row!

Griffith College stupid man / clever female robot setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Martin Gear Jewelers ....FIVE MAY RY STREET

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Tosser?

Have the tossers got a mention, plenty of them driving around our town, mostly in Hondas .

“I’m a tosser on my way to the most important meeting of my life..........Fairyhouse... I’ll just tailgate a few Citizens on the way and annoy them”

Tossers.

Honda's .?:confused:

Yeah.... little runts with big ‘lollipop’ heads on them looking out thru the steering wheel.

Need a good shoeing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The An Post ads with the young wan: Dada, communidy, sociedy, fordy. Does someone listen to these and say "yes, dat sounds gread, pud id on air"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Just heard the Barry's train ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Is there a Gaiety Panto this year? I haven't heard that yet.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement