Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,375 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Delforno tiles on Cork radio, Sal is looking around the store and she loses her friend because the store is so big 5 years later and Sal is still lost in the store and her friend can't find her :rolleyes: They must be selling pretty ****ty tiles if she's lost in the store for 5 years.

Any ads with children with stupid mid Atlantic accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Deanzoggggg

tv licence ad

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Butson

Mentioned before, but the AIB Climate Change ad makes me want to vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Butson wrote: »

Don't know the one you're talking about (did someone say it was like for an eco-mortgage or some sh1t?), but equally the spot that they had on during RTE's climate change documentary week made me feel like emptying my stomach: "We pledge to do more". As Mrs Fricatus shouted at the TV, "that just means you haven't fvcking done anything yet!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I'm liking the Love Irish Food one at the moment. At least the writer came up with an original idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Two non-pc Ads back-to-back on Newstalk: I've the most important meeting in my life but first I will 'play' with my Suzuki Vitara followed by burn Bord na Mona briquettes. You couldn't make it up.

How does he "play" with his car?

Exceeding speed limits? Handbrake turns?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

'Dog Poo Dog Poo...' just to be clear, I abhor the practice of some dog owners who ignore Fido's sh1t and leave it for others to unwittingly pick up on their shoes/ wheels/ whatever.

But that ad :mad:

Worst thing about the ad is the woman saying she had to throw her shoes in the bin as they have poo on them! WTF!! Can't she clean them?? The boom really is back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

We do it in the toilet....Ugh! Who on earth thinks this creepy ****e is edgy?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Worst thing about the ad is the woman saying she had to throw her shoes in the bin as they have poo on them! WTF!! Can't she clean them?? The boom really is back

And the other woman says 'that's nothing'. :mad:

• Advertisement

Butson wrote: »

How quickly they forget about how they had to be bailed out and now throwing money at wind turbines. They should look to Germany to see how their investment will eventually pan out.

fricatus wrote: »
    Don't know the one you're talking about (did someone say it was like for an eco-mortgage or some sh1t?), but equally the spot that they had on during RTE's climate change documentary week made me feel like emptying my stomach: "We pledge to do more". As Mrs Fricatus shouted at the TV, "that just means you haven't fvcking done anything yet!"

You could also say the same about the energy providers saying that they have 100% renewable energy which is a bare faced lie

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Whoever thought it was a good idea for that fella from off the ball to do the Sky ads needs their heads examining.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,895 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

We do it in the toilet....Ugh! Who on earth thinks this creepy ****e is edgy?

Maybe he's the telephone man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MahswYBewb0

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Fantasy lights yeaaahhhh! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Two non-pc Ads back-to-back on Newstalk: I've the most important meeting in my life but first I will 'play' with my Suzuki Vitara followed by burn Bord na Mona briquettes. You couldn't make it up.

Heard the Vitara ad today - and I believe that Suzuki have now surpassed VW in the "most moronic car ads" category. I've seem pics of the Vitara and it looks like a typical bland looking over sized SUV in a market already crowded by bland and boring big SUV's. If said driver was in the seat of a Ford Mustang with a 6 litre super sized engine then yes, I could understand him having a little play session before the most important meeting of his life but what sort of fun is he going to be able to have in that bloated over-weight monstrosity? See how many times he can roll that elephant by taking that sharp bend at 100kmh? Unless he is planning on making use of all that excessive rear space and hiring a load of "playmates" before arriving at the important meeting with messed up hair, shirt tails hanging out and covered in lurid red lipstick. At which point the other attendees at the meeting take one look at him and vote to sack this idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That charity ad that says with your direct debit contribution that you can "end world hunger".

Pretty big claim there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

'Look at that lady by the bus stop...when the wind blows the cradle will rock'

Well no, the second part doesn't say that, but it's a bloody annoying ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The camel is back.......no need to say anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,895 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Shytting in fields since 1897.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Just heard 'Little Boxes' on the radio now, thought it was an intro to something, but no, it's an ad. I'd no idea what the as was for though, as the following line was very brief.
    Turns out the presenterv was equally confused and asked about it after the break.
    It was for Nissan.
    ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I know - heard on the radio yesterday. And it is only the 26th of November. Now where did I leave that hammer and nails?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭plodder

Speedsie wrote: »
    Just heard 'Little Boxes' on the radio now, thought it was an intro to something, but no, it's an ad. I'd no idea what the as was for though, as the following line was very brief.
    Turns out the presenterv was equally confused and asked about it after the break.
    It was for Nissan.
    ?????

Have no idea what connection there was between the song and the ad, but I was surprised the two lads hadn't heard of the song. A sign one is getting old I suppose ..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

plodder wrote: »
    Have no idea what connection there was between the song and the ad, but I was surprised the two lads hadn't heard of the song. A sign one is getting old I suppose ..:pac:

Equally surprised that a subsequent texter said it was the theme from 'Weeds'.
    Like you, I thought the lads would know their protest songs, but I, too, am old.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

dogmatix wrote: »
    I know - heard on the radio yesterday. And it is only the 26th of November. Now where did I leave that hammer and nails?

If I hear that f*****g camel again the device is in danger.

Also... Tubridy beating the shyte out of the Toy Show, and Xmas.

Who are these kernts who go into Xmas mode on the 1st of November.

Should be lined up ............:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Speedsie wrote: »
    Equally surprised that a subsequent texter said it was the theme from 'Weeds'.
    Like you, I thought the lads would know their protest songs, but I, too, am old.

It was used to good effect for an ad for “George’s Clark’s Amazing Spaces”, a show about small dwellings.

I guess the car ad is trying to say their cars are different to the rest. It’s a bit of a miss for me, nice little song though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Pardon my ignorance, since I follow this thread, but really listen to very little radio any more... are we talking about Bóthar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Has the goat been dropped?
    Or maybe it got there and was chopped up for food

If I hear that f*****g camel again the device is in danger.

Also... Tubridy beating the shyte out of the Toy Show, and Xmas.

Should be lined up ............:mad:

Don’t forget, high blood pressure doesn’t have any symptoms - watch yourself 🤢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

To be fair, it's nowhere near November 1st. We're less than one month to Christmas now, so get used to the onslaught. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement