Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So for actual Borderlands news, new dlc and skiltrees all round coming and a free next gen upgrade for current gen owners as well as a new game mode. Better not just be ultra vault hunter or some other mayhem nonsense.

To be honest the wind is well and truly out my sails and this game. I never thought I'd say this but it needs to be a MMO or something for there to be a point to it. It has the same problem the last game had and thats end game, there is none. Whats the point of grinding for gear and getting current level stuff if all you are going to do with it is run the same content over and over to make the next run easier?#

The best content he had was the time limited stuff. ENjoyed those more than the DLC

Aye the wind went out of my sails pretty quick with it, done a bit of boss grinding after finishing it but hit the "whats the point" wall fairly quick. Same happens with the likes of Diablo, though that has a better co-op experience. I'm surprised they didnt try to copy or improve on the Diablo formula.

But yeah, an MMO would be a step in the right direction for a game like this, with the graphic style it would look good for years to come, and theres a market for it. Destiny would be its only competitor, but they cant get it locked down either, for the long haul anyway. Maybe its too expensive/difficult of a venture for an FPS. :(

The Kreig DLC is a chore to get through. No fun what so ever. Anyone running Moze should look up the Faulty Star shield though, I'm walking around killing stuff without shooting and even that isn't keeping me amused.

The
    train
    boss was just plain dumb too in the Kreig DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 33,258 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah once I got to the first real boss fight, I ended up dropping down 2 mayhem levels just to plow through the dlc quicker. It was just bland throughout. So much potential in terms of what they could do with it, just like with Tiny Tina and Claptraps dlcs, but it was just more of the same with bulletsponge bosses.

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah once I got to the first real boss fight, I ended up dropping down 2 mayhem levels just to plow through the dlc quicker. It was just bland throughout. So much potential in terms of what they could do with it, just like with Tiny Tina and Claptraps dlcs, but it was just more of the same with bulletsponge bosses.

Yeah if they want more of my money now they are going to have to do better than a skill tree. There needs to be a substantial content drop along the lines of the tiny tina DLC and bigger again and then some. Anyone who as ''mained'' a character in a RPG or better still MMO will know half the fun is about levelling and learning to play a role tank etc and that when you switch to an alt and just shove points into them at max level isn't the same and usually you die real quick :D

• Advertisement

Yeah if they want more of my money now they are going to have to do better than a skill tree. There needs to be a substantial content drop along the lines of the tiny tina DLC and bigger again and then some. Anyone who as ''mained'' a character in a RPG or better still MMO will know half the fun is about levelling and learning to play a role tank etc and that when you switch to an alt and just shove points into them at max level isn't the same and usually you die real quick :D

I really think they need a new tier of weapons like pearlescents or similar now, that are far more rare. The worst thing they did in BL3 was make it so easy to get legendaries even on Mayhem 2 (when there were 3 Mayhem levels). Now I'm far more surprised when I don't get a legendary from the bigger enemies than when I do.

Mayhem mode itself is largely a pile of sh*t too considering how bulletspongey bosses become, and with Mayhem 2.0 there are far fewer modifiers that aid you to compensate for that.

Yeah I'm not sure if just the skill trees will be enough to get me to play again, and I'm not sure I have any faith in them to produce a DLC of the quality of Tiny Tina's. I mean they had the perfect chance with the premise of Krieg's one to do something really unique and interesting, and they best they could come up was
    "Evil Brick uses big words"
    . Even Claptrap's DLC in TPS had the glitched weapons, interesting framing of the story, new enemies and interesting level design owing to the setting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I enjoyed the plot of the Krieg DLC, but the bosses not so much. The final boss for it in particular felt a bit naff
    oh it's a giant psycho that had no real bearing on the story up to this point, yippee

Angron wrote: »
    I enjoyed the plot of the Krieg DLC, but the bosses not so much. The final boss for it in particular felt a bit naff
    oh it's a giant psycho that had no real bearing on the story up to this point, yippee

Yeah, the big reveal of why makes Psycho's go psycho is just
    "They're psycho because there's a psycho inside them or something I don't know just shoot the big thing"
    . Again, huge missed opportunity. Could have tied it in with Eridians or something that could form part of the story for the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,816 ✭✭✭Cordell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvHgp3dla-Q probably the best part of this DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just started this clusterfúck DLC this evening. Seems alright so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Cripes the latest DLC is really as bad as I'd heard. Not sure what went wrong, but after three pretty stellar DLC's, this is a huge disappointment.

It just fails on all fronts; boss design, enemy variety, narrative, loot quality etc. all pale in comparison to the previous three expansions. The bosses in particular are a real letdown, and have to be the biggest sponges in the game, and possibly the series, to date

I'm still sold on a second year of content purely based on the strength of the first three expansions, but I'll probably by any new content piecemeal rather than stump up for a second season pass (if there is one) following this absolute disaster.

That train was some bullpoo. For me only the first DLC is worth anyones time, the rest is largely forgettable. The best post game content they released was actually the Cartels event imo. I gave up running the second takedown due to the risk of falls during the run especially during the first boss and the rewards and drop rates being very poor.

They were talking up a new mode called Arms Race last week. No detail given except that it won't be a battle royale mode but might not be for everyone? Way to sell us on your content gear box.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Didn't have the game for the event last year, so I'm enjoying the Halloween one going on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

I haven't played in ages so I'm back in for the Halloween event (missed it last year) I'm getting killed a lot. My best weapons are still the yellowcake and the O.P.Q. but they don't seem to be as good as I remember. Ah well, I'm off to Heck. Hopefully I'll find something better there.

Get the flipper smg from one of the DLC's that should do you.

Only thing of use in heck is the ghast call and thats if you can find it with a good non terror anoint.

I'm not liking the combination of 'squads' and ' arms race' in that announcement. They have said it's not battle royale but it sure as hell sound like multiplayer stuff and the one thing for me at least on Xbox despite leaving my game open and attempting to joining others when I felt like it is that lack of people co-oping.

In BL2 I would join randoms and help out with what ever but I've not had that experience at all with 3. Friends list have long since stopped playing and really unless you are looking for a really specific anoint farming stuff is minimal.

Well this Clusterfúck DLC is brilliant. I'm loving it. I don't see all the hate for it. I just arrived at the third location after the train and stopped playing as I had a decent session so far this evening. Will go back probably finish it tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well this Clusterfúck DLC is brilliant. I'm loving it. I don't see all the hate for it. I just arrived at the third location after the train and stopped playing as I had a decent session so far this evening. Will go back probably finish it tomorrow evening.

Glad you are enjoying it but Id say you are deffo in the minority....;)

It just felt like such a wasted opportunity. The premise of it was ripe for doing something unique and interesting, like the Tiny Tina and Claptrap DLCs from previous games. Instead the best thing they could come up with was bandits riding giant bullets. Everything else just felt largely par for the course. Likewise the story of it ended up being quite bland, and we learned nothing really new or interesting.

It just could have been so much better.

• Advertisement

And wallet stays closed. Arms race does not look like something they should be charging for imo and certainly not €30

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Any DLC worth getting for this?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Any DLC worth getting for this?

All the 4 that are out now are good latest one flustercluck people didn't like but I thought it was good. First 3 are very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,816 ✭✭✭Cordell

The last DLC is not bad, but it's not as good as the other 3. It's more like a missed opportunity to make something much better rather than a bad DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

And wallet stays closed. Arms race does not look like something they should be charging for imo and certainly not €30

Yep. Pricing seems absolutely ludicrous. Don't get me wrong, I think the mode looks a great addition and something I would definitely play, but that pricing is outrageous.

Well I couldn't hold my piddle could I and went and bought designers cut and yeah it's overpriced trash.

You drop down with, no gear, skill trees(so can't use the new tree either, great thinking there by the devs), action skill or guardian rank. The circle gets smaller over time, sounds familiar right? Not sure where they are going mentioning roguelite in the blurb for this because it's not. It's the same enemies from the base game in the same places on the map, all that changes is were you drop in and thats only 4 or 5 spots.

The map itself isn't really interesting and there is no reason to explore it unless you want to farm a specific chest for something. In fact unless you get really unlucky with the chest at the spawn you can go straight to the boss and kill him with a white shield and gun, solo on M10. The boss isn't anything to write home about either and the fight also never changes. EDIT: Forgot if you get gear specific to this mode's legendary drops you can't use it unless you extract it.

You then go to the extractor and put any gear you want to keep in it (up to 5 iteas) and they will go to your bank.

Then because it's great game design you have to fast travel somewhere else and back to restart it.

Mayhem 11 is just M10 with no modifiers and with halved world drop rates.

This wasn't worth 4.99 let alone 14.99

Advertisement