Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options
  • 04-12-2019 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Amazon Prime are screening some premier league games on Prime video which began with Man city vs Burnley this eve and they will have both Utd and Liverpool games tomorrow 4th Dec.
    You need a prime subscription in order to watch but Amazon offer a 30 free trial so that gets the Xmas games in also.
    There is also the option to cast from phone to a compatible tv for big screen viewing!
    Don't forget to cancel within the 30 day period as you will automatically be subscribed and charged for prime afterwards.
    Other prime benefits are also available around deliveries, tv, books etc.

Enjoy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

Geo blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paudon

Margate wrote: »
    Geo blocked

It wasn't for me, I watched and cast the game earlier and didn't make any changes to my account in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Blocked for me too but I know someone who was able to watch it on the app too for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

paudon wrote: »
    Amazon Prime are screening some premier league games on Prime video which began with Man city vs Burnley this eve and they will have both Utd and Liverpool games tomorrow 4th Dec.
    You need a prime subscription in order to watch but Amazon offer a 30 free trial so that gets the Xmas games in also.
    There is also the option to cast from phone to a compatible tv for big screen viewing!
    Don't forget to cancel within the 30 day period as you will automatically be subscribed and charged for prime afterwards.

Enjoy

Only in UK, Irish rights to those matches belong to premier sports, available on sky and now tv at a price

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Contact amazon support and just ask them to change your prime video region to uk,. They will do it straight away no questions asked. This will also unlock a bigger prime video library. Was watching the city game on prime tonight myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Contact amazon support and just ask them to change your prime video region to uk,. They will do it straight away no questions asked. This will also unlock a bigger prime video library. Was watching the city game on prime tonight myself.

Will you miss anything on the IRL version not on the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I could watch the games on the desktop PC but wasnt interested in this. When I used the fire TV stick I couldnt get them at all despite having access to their full Prime library. Tried Amazon support and unusually it was a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I was asked where I was currently. I answered UK. They said OK. So they did ask a question, but that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

sugarman wrote: »
    Done it earlier but it was like the Spanish Inquisition with the assistant I got on Chat! They eventually changed it after a lot of hesitance.

Is it working for you? I was onto them for nearly an hour, everything they did just didn't work for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Just go onto the chat and tell them you have moved to the UK.

If they look for an address just use your parcel motel address.

3 of us did it yesterday and we can watch the all prime UK content

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭glanman

cronos wrote: »
    I was asked where I was currently. I answered UK. They said OK. So they did ask a question, but that was it.

someone took the soup

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

other than the football, is there much more additional content on the UK service?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

cronos wrote: »

I did it a few months ago but maybe now they just check your in the UK, either way handy enough to get changed. See points about firesticks not working I wonder are they region locked, I'm using prime on a Nvidia shield

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Scolly

Ya just got on to chat and they fixed it in about 2 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Darby_321

Tried fixing it myself by changing my amazon location to my uk parcel motel address but still wasnt working on my firestick so got onto chat and said that i still was getting an error trying to watch the football and they got it working for me in two minutes with no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

I set my location to the U.K. and when I use a VPN I can also access BBC iPlayer on the Amazon box. I had to turn off the VPN to watch the soccer last night though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Live chat will switch you over the English version which is much better.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Thanks for the info, just got updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

In work using a UK internet address, I Just changed my region with 1 click online, Hopefully will work at home later.:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Apparnetly you can just click this link:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd

Then go into Preferences and just change your location.

That above link is gotten to by clicking your account up the top right and clicking "Manage My Content and Devices"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Getting onto chat didn't go well for me. What i have is Prime Video free from Eir for 12 months and there was no way of getting around it on chat with two different people telling me what settings to change. They kept referring to me purchasing a NON UK prime video subscription so unless I choose a Prime UK Video subscription they cannot help.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Apparnetly you can just click this link:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd

Then go into Preferences and just change your location.

That above link is gotten to by clicking your account up the top right and clicking "Manage My Content and Devices"

Dont think that will work, mine was set to UK but when I logged into Prime video it had message saying to go to Amazon.com to see list of Republic of Ireland content. Got it changed on the Amazon chat and the message was gone. I was also able to check that the location was changed by going to primevideo.com as when you login it asks you to select you region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭glanman

Berty wrote: »
    Getting onto chat didn't go well for me. What i have is Prime Video free from Eir for 12 months and there was no way of getting around it on chat with two different people telling me what settings to change. They kept referring to me purchasing a NON UK prime video subscription so unless I choose a Prime UK Video subscription they cannot help.

they did it for me an hour ago and i have the eir one

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dclifford

Chat just refused to switch me over. Said I needed a Billing address from UK.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

dclifford wrote: »
    Chat just refused to switch me over. Said I needed a Billing address from UK.

I just did mine, keep trying, they didnt ask me for anything. I just told them I need the region set to the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

paudon wrote: »

Enjoy

Another tip for you, if you sign up to the Audible 30 day trial as a Prime customer you get two free audiobooks of your choice (it's only one audiobook for non-prime customers). When you then cancel out of that 30 day trial they give you another audiobook of your choice to entice you to stay. You then pick the audiobook and cancel anyway. So 3 audiobooks for diddly squat. Even with your Audible subscription cancelled you can still listen to the books through the Audible app. They also had an offer on for the last few days where the monthly subscription for Audible was dropped down to 3.99 for 4 months which I actually signed up to so I suppose it's worth it on their end as they now have me as a paying customer. And from my point of view I got 4 audiobooks (got another one as soon as I signed up at 3.99 per month) worth 100 euro for 3.99

As for the football, I did a live chat with Amazon last night and the rep changed me over straight away even though I was naive enough to tell him I lived in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

How do I confirm its switched over?
    I logged in with my browser and it didn't give me any messages about region. But I couldn't find any mention of the premier league.

Gonna get back onto Amazon...

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Flashdan

I change my location to the UK as I have an address over there but my IP is still an Irish IP so it goes by that and doesn't work.

I only changed it in setting I didn't speak to anyone, I don't know if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

If you got the account free through eir could you still change it.?

Advertisement