Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Anyone see in Sao Paolo last night the BJJ guy went off mat flattened some chick and.wnet all khabib on other guys team haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Kiefer Crosbie and James Gallagher interview after the fight is hard viewing, if mcgregor never said he was doing it for his family what would they talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,560 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

but1er wrote: »
    Kiefer Crosbie and James Gallagher interview after the fight is hard viewing, if mcgregor never said he was doing it for his family what would they talk about?

Gallagher its like someone copied Conor's homework m

Bellator are very clever a really milking the Irish fan base,
    Gallagher opponent is ranked something like 40th in the world at Bantamweight which is not a stacked division and Crosbies is ranked 98ths in Ireland and England , I'd love to know how many pro welter weights there are ?

These guys are very very far from the top level of MMA but marketed here as top of the food chain very clever by Bellator,

It's not a knock on the two lads fair play to them for getting in there and more so for winning ,

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

As someone who has competed on some of the biggest cards in Ireland, that show that was held on Saturday was embarrassing. Let me start off by saying that there have always been knobs in Irish MMA, haven't fought for John Ferguson I know all about them. That main card on Saturday was made up of so many mismatches it was unbelievable.

Back in my day every fight on a card would be a barn burner and the idea would be to get the most out of the two fighters fighting. It's sad to see that this is now lost, and it's all about padding records. How a guy 6-0 can fight a 3-3 guy is beyond me. The guy Gallagher fought was a "brown belt" but couldn't defend a RNC?? I feel sorry for James as he clearly a young guy who isn't very confident within himself and feels the need to emulate Conor.

Finally, I really think John needs to speak to many of these guys about the way they come across on camera. They make the sport look like it's made up of scumbags that haven't got two brain cells to rub together. Could anyone imagine guys like Clive Staunton or Tom King talking with such disrespect about their opponents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,560 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

canonball5 wrote: »
    As someone who has competed on some of he biggest cards in Ireland, that show hat was held on Saturday was embarrassing. Let me start off by saying that there have always been knobs in Irish MMA, haven't fought for John Ferguson I know all about them. That main card on Saturday was made up of so many mismatches it was unbelievable.

Back in my day every fight on a card would be a barn burner and the idea would be to get the most out of the two fighters fighting. It's sad to see that this is now lost, and it's all about padding records. How a guy 6-0 can fight a 3-3 guy is beyond me. The guy Gallagher fought was a "brown belt" but couldn't defend a RNC?? I feel sorry for James as he clearly a young guy who isn't very confident within himself and feels the need to emulate Conor.

Finally, I really think John needs to speak to many of these guys about the way they come across on camera. They make the sport look like it's made up of scumbags that haven't got two brain cells to rub together. Could anyone imagine guys like Clive Staunton or Tom King talking with such disrespect about their opponents?

I think a part of the disrespect comes from a lot of these guys being given such easy fights , the match making is that poor they really think they are the sh*te and go on like it,

One of the guys on the main card was ranked 98th in England and Ireland is there even 100 pro welter weights on the region ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭rob316

canonball5 wrote: »

They are pro fighters though, WWE style trash talking puts bums in seats and increases their paychecks, I get that part of it. They have watched Mcgregor rise to the top with this schtick, its hard for them to ignore that and not copy it. Gallagher is another story though he literally copying Mcgregor every look, stance, pose and laugh. Its cringey AF

• Registered Users Posts: 39,101 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anyone see in Sao Paolo last night the BJJ guy went off mat flattened some chick and.wnet all khabib on other guys team haha

Erbeth Santos. An absolute cock.
    He was on the ground complaining he injured his knee, then sprinting across the stage. Lol Brazilians. Every Porrada.

Mellor wrote: »
    Erbeth Santos. An absolute cock.
    He was on the ground complaining he injured his knee, then sprinting across the stage. Lol Brazilians. Every Porrada.

The exchange was over his opponents team apparently said something

• Registered Users Posts: 39,101 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The exchange was over his opponents team apparently said something
    It was opponent's brother allegedly. Possibly said something about his faking the injury because he was losing.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    It was opponent's brother allegedly. Possibly said something about his faking the injury because he was losing.

Absolute disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Someone at paramount saw McGregor's numbers and wanted something similar
    Gallagher just happens to be in the right place at the right time.
    Disgusting though that industry vets like Sonnen and Big John are pimping themselves though.
    You'd think at this stage they'd have dignity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

Any idea what the payouts would be like for Saturday's card? Couldn't imagine the money would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

jimmii wrote: »
    Be some achievement to get to number 1 in that weight class!

Craig's opponent bottled it and is "hurt"; he's in now against us #3 Abdurahman

Also PFL have signed a deal with ESPN for there second season. Will be much more accessible now.

ASOT wrote: »
    Craig's opponent bottled it and is "hurt"; he's in now against us #3 Abdurahman

Your joking. I'll see him tomorrow hadn't heard that disgusted for Coco

Your joking. I'll see him tomorrow hadn't heard that disgusted for Coco

Yeah it only just happened a while ago, he'll fight anyone so is happy that they got a replacement sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Disgusting though that industry vets like Sonnen and Big John are pimping themselves though.
    You'd think at this stage they'd have dignity

Dignity? They are just making money. Pure and simple.
    You go enjoy your dignity and turn your nose up at good money people are willing to pay you.

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah it only just happened a while ago, he'll fight anyone so is happy that they got a replacement sorted.

Plenty of violence when Coco goes to war haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

This is a hard watch.

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »

This is a hard watch.

Hard what do you mean. He's humble now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

"I'm humbled as a human being, as a fighter I'm the best."

19789999.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Oh my word... The glasses, the beard, the tattoos...

Even the way he says "fu*kin" is mimicking McGregor.

Gallagher just might be the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen in MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Effects wrote: »
    Dignity? They are just making money. Pure and simple.
    You go enjoy your dignity and turn your nose up at good money people are willing to pay you.

Surely they have enough money to be not accepting bribes to laud up Gallagher as the new McGregor. Big John saying something like "I saw enough in this fight to make me think Gallagher is one of the best. He made amazing transitions" while he struggled to submit Steven Graham.
    Morto for them tbh. There's a small matter of self respect and integrity here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I can't even bring myself to watch it! I actually feel uncomfortable watching him talk because I cringe so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That was a hard one to watch. Does anybody know if somebody has said all this to James in the real world? Does he realise he’s doing this?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    That was a hard one to watch. Does anybody know if somebody has said all this to James in the real world? Does he realise he’s doing this?

I did a year ago and he thought I was taking the piss and laughed it off

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Simo08 wrote: »
    Any idea what the payouts would be like for Saturday's card? Couldn't imagine the money would be great
    I’d be interested to know this aswell? Heard Kiefer say in an interview that he was in life changing money? Couldn’t be? If it is fair play to him though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hard what do you mean. He's humble now.

Oh did he say that? I must have missed him saying it. He is like a Ryanair version of McGregor.

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    Oh did he say that? I must have missed him saying it. He is like a Ryanair version of McGregor.

Flybe version of McGregor. He's an absolute broken record. You got sweet chin Musiced by Ricky James go to bed

Advertisement