Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Did you see the Bellator card the last day? The first main card fight, one of the guys is a gym owner but looked like he'd never been in a cage in his life - then either Goldie or Big John talked about how Stephen Graham was one of his fighters. Just made me laugh. It made sense.

I seriously hope Gallagher's next fight is a proper challenge. I don't care if he wins or loses, but his last fight was a pathetic embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bellator London June 22 looks worth a trip, Mousasi v Lovato Jr title fight, Daley fighting & a few of the Irish lads, Gallagher confirmed and curta/Kiefer are trying to get on it.

40 Euro for flights ain't bad either.

Awad v Girtz was genuinely a great scrap last night.

Not a fan of this wierd new format though, pre-lims, main card, 'post-lims'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

Anybody watching ONE? Dipping in and out of the fights until the big ones later. Tonon looked good. Easy takedown, great top control, ground and pound was good.

Yod vs Andy Souwer up now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

https://youtu.be/4TkOtst07tA

Live on YouTube too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Have to say, the production so far is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

its great they stream for free

Oh dear Eddie.

• Advertisement

EDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

not a good start to his one career

Brilliant from DJ as he most certainly did not have that all his own way.

Taught Eddie was finished a bit easy, maybe his chin is starting to go from all the wars.

DJ is a class act, one if the goats anyway

Buzzing for the Sang fight.

Bibiano just Arield his was to get his title back, he was guilty of his own illegal elbows in R1.

Good card. The relentless hype got a bit tiring but it was well put together.

ASOT wrote: »
    Bellator London June 22 looks worth a trip, Mousasi v Lovato Jr title fight, Daley fighting & a few of the Irish lads, Gallagher confirmed and curta/Kiefer are trying to get on it.

40 Euro for flights ain't bad either.

Daley is fighting Erik Silva, cracking fight. Someone will be going asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

dashoonage wrote: »
    I heard he is stepping up in competition. Security guard from dunnes being drafted in.
    This is Gallagher's next opponent https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/19328-jeremiah-labiano

He is coming down from Featherweight for this fight. They were scheduled to fight at Featherweight in 2017 but James got the knee injury.

Really looking forward to Artem v Knight later though can't see JK not taking an easy win.

Really looking forward to Artem v Knight later though can't see JK not taking an easy win.

Artem is a tough ****er, bare Knuckle might actually suit him better. To get wins that is, not for his long term health. Really hope he pulls off a big KO and calls out Paulie, get himself a nice payday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I love Artem but I just don't see him winning. His style is so limited and one dimensional that I never have confidence in him winning any of his fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If Artem lands he'll get a KO. It's not like Knight is a slick boxer. He's a zombie who can take digs and keep going but Artem has such heavy hands I think he's Taylor made for someone like Knight who will just keep moving forward like he took that Rocky monologue to heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭weemcd

If Artem lands he'll get a KO. It's not like Knight is a slick boxer. He's a zombie who can take digs and keep going but Artem has such heavy hands I think he's Taylor made for someone like Knight who will just keep moving forward like he took that Rocky monologue to heart.

Since when has Artem had heavy hands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

weemcd wrote: »
    Since when has Artem had heavy hands?

Forever. It's one of his few talents along with being near impossible to hurt.
    His downfall is a lack of skill or movement but when he connects he hurts people.

I know it's TUF but these were savage finishes.

BTOD6WX.gif

?width=600&version=2493554

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.gfycat.com%2FLiveAgileIridescentshark-size_restricted.gif&key=522baf40bd3911e08d854040d3dc5c07

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

What time IST do ye expect him in the ring at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Well holy smokes that was a good slug fest. Might not have been the most technical fight nut a good show. Artem is one tough bloke. I don't see Malignaggi stepping in with him. He might be a better technical fighter but Artem would completely wreck him in a bare Knuckle fight. Who was the bloke in Artems corner with the mask over his face like he didn't want to be seen?

Think it was James Gallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

cletus wrote: »
    Think it was James Gallagher

Thought that. He mustn't be aloud to be there.

• Advertisement

Advertisement