Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Jesus now we have to listen to months more of Jimmy chatting nonsense because he beat a binman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Myles was brilliant. James Gallagher still a little ****e bag after fighting a nobody. Richie looked great. Kiefer great as usual. All In all , I enjoyed the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Where do they find these lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

sc86 wrote: »

In the Conor McGregor fanclub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

**** sake the cringe he's back after chocking out a dustman

• Advertisement

Moore Street drinking cans

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    In the Conor McGregor fanclub

The tiger tattoo on his chest ....

The ask the established gyms if they have low level lads who'd fancy a few quid and get sent lads who train part time.

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Like a pro getting that sky sports plug in and thugging at the heart strings, definitely going to be getting an interview on sky sports news tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

In fairness he’s unlikeable but he definitely has something about his fight game at 22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

In fairness he’s unlikeable but he definitely has something about his fight game at 22.

Just nowhere near as much as he thinks he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Personality wise he appears to be a knock off McGregor. But not just that, but his mannerisms, stance and way of talking. It’s the type of character I’d create in a UFC PlayStation game for the craic. But he’s a real bloke :D:confused::o

Of course I'd not deny him that but his character is absolutely toxic. If he toned it down I'd probably like him

if he was himself i dont think anybody would have issue , and would give him credit
    he just tries so hard to be somebody hes not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Similar tattoos on chest and forearm as McGregor. Grown a beard. The laugh. Be your own man ffs. It's ok to admire what McGregor has achieved without being his clone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

And the tattoo on the chest, ughhh.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Live Fight updates of an Irish card, names like myles price, joey Breslin, Kieran Davern, Conor McGregor and sbg being slated left right and centre. It’s like reading a thread from 2012. Brings me back to the good aul days. Thanks lads :)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Live Fight updates of an Irish card, names like myles price, joey Breslin, Kieran Davern, Conor McGregor and sbg being slated left right and centre. It’s like reading a thread from 2012. Brings me back to the good aul days. Thanks lads :)

Your reg is from 2013?

Your reg is from 2013?

I had a previous account too. Anyway, my point being that it was nice to read tonight’s thread. It’s how boards was, years ago with Irish fight nights.

I had a previous account too. Anyway, my point being that it was nice to read tonight’s thread. It’s how boards was, years ago with Irish fight nights.

Sorry thought you were being snide bout me spamming with results just didn't wanna leave those who hadn't a stream not knowing.

• Advertisement

Sorry thought you were being snide bout me spamming with results just didn't wanna leave those who hadn't a stream not knowing.

God no. Genuinely took me back to the old days. Thanks for the updates. I’d like to see more of it. All that was missing was Chris fields and Owen roddy

back then all irish mma threads were not just about conor mcgregor and his social antics or whiskey

Don't think anyone slated Joey or Kieran. In fact the two people who mentioned they said they were two of the best bjj players in SBG.
    Keiran is probably the best grappler in Ireland and Joey is an absolute freak in the Gi. But sure carry on with your rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Don't think anyone slated Joey or Kieran. In fact the two people who mentioned they said they were two of the best bjj players in SBG.
    Keiran is probably the best grappler in Ireland and Joey is an absolute freak in the Gi. But sure carry on with your rant.

Was a bit confused about that myself. They were being praised rather than slated..

Wtf are you on about? I know both guys. I wasn’t slating them, at all. I was referring more to it being like 2012. They were fairly common names on the scene back then. And kieran wasn’t sbg In 2012.
    And sbg always got slack for being dickheads. But any names I mentioned were sound guys.

Wtf are you on about? I know both guys. I wasn’t slating them, at all. I was referring more to it being like 2012. They were fairly common names on the scene back then. And kieran wasn’t sbg In 2012.
    And sbg always got slack for being dickheads. But any names I mentioned were sound guys.

Now you've completely lost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,191 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

selassie wrote: »
    Would Lee Hammond have the best bjj in sbg?
    Out of the MMA guys, maybe.
    But overall he's probably not even top 5.

Now you've completely lost me.

Yea I think ive put my point across Arseways. My apologies. Back in the day, sbg got slack, and still do.
    My main point though was about reading tonight’s live updates, and names like davern, price, Breslin were common names on the MMA scene in 2012. It was like reading a thread from back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,191 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Here's the confusion lads.
    This post:
    Live Fight updates of an Irish card, names like myles price, joey Breslin, Kieran Davern, Conor McGregor and sbg being slated left right and centre.

Should have said;
    Live Fight updates of an Irish card, names like myles price, joey Breslin, Kieran Davern, Conor McGregor. SBG being slated left right and centre.

The "and" made it read like slated applies to Joey, Kieran etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Yea I think ive put my point across Arseways. My apologies. Back in the day, sbg got slack, and still do.
    My main point though was about reading tonight’s live updates, and names like davern, price, Breslin were common names on the MMA scene in 2012. It was like reading a thread from back then.

Full stop between Kieran and Conors names probably would have avoided the confusion, if you mean he was getting stick as well, otherwise full stop after his name :)
    With you now though.

Advertisement