Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,557 ✭✭✭✭briany

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not just b rool stuff. When Nash(as diesel) won the belt from backlund in MSG there's a camera following him from the ring into the back and the dressing room. I'd say WWE have oceans of non broadcast stuff in the vault.

I'm not necessarily referring to stuff they shot and never used - I was thinking more of bloopers. The Mean Gene compilation I saw had him swearing on camera and all the wrestlers corpsing and playacting around during interviews.

It's just I would have figured they thought at the time that they'd never have a use for this stuff except maybe as an inside joke passed around WWF employees, akin to the old ITV/Grenada Christmas tapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Becky Lynch is one of the most cringiest characters in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who has had the worst recent call-up from NXT? EC3 or Kairi?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would say EC3. When was the last time you saw him not running after the 24/7 title? At least Kairi gets a chance to be in matches on tv. But they need to give her a singles run as well

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lars Sullivan for many reasons, Aleister Black and his fight me stuff that went nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭Riddle101

How popular is Impact Wrestling nowdays?

I do be watching the highlights on youtube and notice how far ahead they seem with their women's division.

They have Tessa Blanchard feuding with Sami Callihan and his faction, and then you have the likes of Rosemary who I think is a very interesting character and much better than any of the female characters in WWE now. The rest of the women's division is pretty decent as they have their own individuality.

It almost feels like the Knockouts Division from 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sheamus off in japan with Donnacha o Callaghan and Ruby Walsh following the rugby. A paddy power campaign of some sort

I wonder did wwe sign off on it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,557 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sheamus off in japan with Donnacha o Callaghan and Ruby Walsh following the rugby. A paddy power campaign of some sort

I wonder did wwe sign off on it
    Why would WWE need to sign off on it ? He's not in TV and I think he's been cleared to return to the ring. Also would WWE even know what paddy power is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Why would WWE need to sign off on it ? He's not in TV and I think he's been cleared to return to the ring. Also would WWE even know what paddy power is ?

I assume because he works for them and would need their permission to do work with other companies.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Riddle101 wrote: »
    How popular is Impact Wrestling nowdays

Last I've read, really, really bad. Their launch on Pursuit drew 12,500 (which is a small fraction of their availability in homes, 66 million, but comparing market share to PopTV they could've expected 5 times that). My buddy Steve outdraws them on Twitch, which isn't as much as a compliment as it is saddening statement about viewer interest in iMPACT.

I think it's due to the culmination of many awful decisions over the years, and repeated company re-structuring/station changes - so even when they do GOOD storylines or feature interesting characters, it doesn't matter, as the company has negative equity. Most people I asked tuned out of TNA during the Aces & Eights angle.

• Advertisement

Was surprised with the recent episodes giving LAX a send off. Usually people just disappear from the shows with no warning.

Time difference is really confusing regarding wwe on tv

Its something like 5pm that Raw/SD/PPVs airs on the west cost of the US. If raw etc is live from the west coast does it then air at something like 10pm in the east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Time difference is really confusing regarding wwe on tv

Its something like 5pm that Raw/SD/PPVs airs on the west cost of the US. If raw etc is live from the west coast does it then air at something like 10pm in the east coast

I'd assume as Raw always airs here at 1am apart from when the clocks change that it airs at 8pm eastern time all the time, even when live in places in the west coast.

I'd assume as Raw always airs here at 1am apart from when the clocks change that it airs at 8pm eastern time all the time, even when live in places in the west coast.

People prob watching on there commutes home from work on the west coast

With SD back on fridays/Saturday morning here, it will be hard to knw how many will watch live every week now. Prob end up watching it live if I'm not out or working etc. Normally watch the first hour or so of raw and then the rest Tuesday.

Remember a time when raw used to be on Friday nights over here and before the wrestling new sites became we had tele text services with rumours ans had the telephone numbers you could ring during the week which would give results of the raw that was taped on the Monday night. God killed for ringing them up cost a bomb ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Remember a time when raw used to be on Friday nights over here and before the wrestling new sites became we had tele text services with rumours ans had the telephone numbers you could ring during the week which would give results of the raw that was taped on the Monday night. God killed for ringing them up cost a bomb ha

10pm on a Friday night. My nan would always buy me a pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lacey went kinda viral because she stayed in character while getting a speeding ticket. It upset some of Twitter and Reddit as they thought she was being for real and it made Canadian news...

https://twitter.com/LaceyEvansWWE/status/1175466342843113472?s=19

Who said kayfabe is dead?

Raw and SD being recorded on the west coast this week so kicking off amazingly at 5pm there time and be over by 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭Riddle101

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lacey went kinda viral because she stayed in character while getting a speeding ticket. It upset some of Twitter and Reddit as they thought she was being for real and it made Canadian news...

https://twitter.com/LaceyEvansWWE/status/1175466342843113472?s=19

Who said kayfabe is dead?

I wish she didn't apologizes for it in the end. Just makes the whole things look even worse. Like when Brian Pillman apologized after Pillman's got a gun. That just completely ruined the brilliance of the segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,557 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know it say it at the time it happen(well the Friday after) but I was watching the first hell in a cell match last night and then today I watched the raw after it which was the Brian pillman tribute, and I've watch this raw episode once after I first watched but Jesus H Christ does the interview with his widow get worse as the years have gone on. What the **** was vince thinking ?

This is also the episode where triple h and HBK act like utter pricks to open the show including showing the curtain call. You can really see why in the latest episode of the untold on the WWE network where they talk about Kane's debut and undertaker says back in 1997 he says he wouldn't have piss on Shawn Michaels if he was in fire. HBK was lucky he was unreal in the ring.

Just seeing the about NWA starting the youtube shows, I was wondering what are all the available shows now?
    Raw
    Smackdown
    NXT
    NXT UK
    205 Live
    AEW
    ROH
    Impact
    NWA
    NJPW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Has Rey Mysterio ever been heel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just seeing the about NWA starting the youtube shows, I was wondering what are all the available shows now?
    Raw
    Smackdown
    NXT
    NXT UK
    205 Live
    AEW
    ROH
    Impact
    NWA
    NJPW

MLW too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Adiboo wrote: »
    Has Rey Mysterio ever been heel?

I think late wcw he was without the mask

Rey is too small to be heel ha

Remember when Mick Foley was heel for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rey is too small to be heel ha

Remember when Mick Foley was heel for a few weeks

Foley was heel from 1996-1998 as Mankind. He was terrifying when he came in. He was also heel as Dude Love in 1998 as a stooge for Vince Mc Mahon. So a lot more than a few weeks.

Rey was heel/tweener in WCW as part of the Filthy Animals stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Pretty much every wrestler turns at some point in their career.

The only exception I can think of, of any wrestler who’s had a substantial career, is Ultimate Warrior, who has been a perma face to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    Pretty much every wrestler turns at some point in their career.

The only exception I can think of, of any wrestler who’s had a substantial career, is Ultimate Warrior, who has been a perma face to the best of my knowledge.

IIRC Warrior was a heel along with Sting when they were a tag team back in the day. Granted... Warrior never was heel when he was uber-babyface.

Accordingly, there is one wrestler who never ever was a heel in his entire career and that's Ricky Steamboat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bit random but sure look at the threat title. Koko B Ware was a babyface for his entire WWE run from 1986-1994. That's a long stint. He was also the first man to be hit with Undertaker's Tombstone. Another stat for the Birdman, he was in the first ever match on RAW.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

While the current WWE Product maybe poor, can't help but feel the wrestling industry is looking down the barrel of another boom.

NXT/AEW making waves on Wednesday nights and Fox is making Smackdown out to be a huge deal as well. Everything is coming to a boil this week, could we be seeing something special begin to happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Loughc wrote: »
    While the current WWE Product maybe poor, can't help but feel the wrestling industry is looking down the barrel of another boom.

NXT/AEW making waves on Wednesday nights and Fox is making Smackdown out to be a huge deal as well. Everything is coming to a boil this week, could we be seeing something special begin to happen?

I hope so as it's been 20 years since the last boom in wrestling. About time.
    I'll say this tho... it was always going to take someone with mega money to try and rival WWE and bring about another boom and/or "monday night war" - Tony Khan is now that man who potentially can.

That said, even if AEW fails, WWE has brought the shieks into things with the Saudi shows. Other billionaires... Who seem to want to go back to the day of Austin, Rock etc. Should WWE and the Saudi shows stop or get stale. There is a market for some shiek to create this own promotion. Someone who has the money. Billions like Khan. I know WWE has a deal in place for many years. But times change. Things change.

Nintendo famously asked Sony to make a CD drive for their consoles back in the day. In turn, when the deal fell through, the Playstation was born.

This is only my opinion. Only my prediction so it ain't worth jack but I think in the next 10 years you are going to have some Saudi promotion. While it may start out only running shows in Saudi it will expand.

Advertisement