Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-06-2019, 21:34   #1441
Joe Daly

It was James McGarry last game why should kilkenny apologise for giving him his last run out in croke park, I am sure that day there was one person on his mind she was looking down on him but a broken heart is never mended. Move on gentlemen like Brendan Cummins and other players gave him great support.
Advertisement
24-06-2019, 22:57   #1442
mountgomery burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Daly View Post
It was James McGarry last game why should kilkenny apologise for giving him his last run out in croke park, I am sure that day there was one person on his mind she was looking down on him but a broken heart is never mended. Move on gentlemen like Brendan Cummins and other players gave him great support.
Who said anyone should apologize?
25-06-2019, 11:11   #1443
Rasputin11

Which provincial winner will play their semi final on July 27th? I think Galway played the Saturday last year. Does that mean the Munster winner will play Saturday this year?
25-06-2019, 11:32   #1444
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin11 View Post
Which provincial winner will play their semi final on July 27th? I think Galway played the Saturday last year. Does that mean the Munster winner will play Saturday this year?
Not decided until pairings are known AFAIK, I assume that TV has a part to play as well.
25-06-2019, 19:45   #1445
castletownman

I see Aidan Nolan had his appeal rejected, and will serve a two-game ban.

But it's a two-gamer as he was also sent off in the Wild Geese tournament in Boston during the off-season. Which seems a bit ludicrous since it wasn't an official GAA game, and was played under different rules and with playing dimensions.

They'll be coming down on lads getting sent off playing soccer in the off-season next.
Advertisement
25-06-2019, 21:07   #1446
Bonniedog

Laois v Westies should be good game. Impossible to call. Group game meant nothing to Laois so not a good guide.

Huge prize on offer although the place in the preliminary quarter finals is a bit of a tokenistic gesture. Hard to see either beating Cork or Dublin.

Perhaps a fairer system would be automatic promotion for the winner and a play off between loser and the bottom Munster team even if it is a Leinster team!
26-06-2019, 00:03   #1447
mountgomery burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by castletownman View Post

But it's a two-gamer as he was also sent off in the Wild Geese tournament in Boston during the off-season. Which seems a bit ludicrous since it wasn't an official GAA game, and was played under different rules and with playing dimensions.

They'll be coming down on lads getting sent off playing soccer in the off-season next.
Meanwhile Harnedys cheap shot punished by missing a glorified challenge. It's like nobody applies common sense to these sanctions, or are unwilling to when it suits them.
26-06-2019, 09:14   #1448
Pogue eile

Quote:

It wasn't the wild geese tournament it was the Super 11's and both are official GAA tournaments. And he ahsnt appealed as of yet, thats the initail finding.

Incidentally he man handled a referee and gave him torrents of abuse, comically in the wrong, he can have no complaints.
26-06-2019, 10:08   #1449
citykat

What was Nolan’s beef? Result was ideal for both ffs.
Advertisement
26-06-2019, 10:12   #1450
Mantis Toboggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by citykat View Post
4 minutes of added time, he thought the ref only played 2, apparently the clock in the ground stopped after 2 so people were confused, still no excuse for acting the bolix.
26-06-2019, 10:21   #1451
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by citykat View Post
He mistakenly thought they were out and the clock in the ground incorrectly showed that Horgan had only played 2 minutes injury time.

Last edited by Pogue eile; 26-06-2019 at 10:21. Reason: oops I see Mantis got there before me!
26-06-2019, 11:25   #1452
castletownman

I'm not contesting Nolan's red after the whistle. It was stupidity of the highest order, and deserves to sit out the Leinster final as a result. Big blow for Wexford and a personal blow for himself, but you can't accost a referee.

I am contesting using past discretion in the fecking Super 11's though when considering the length of his suspension. No way could that game be a determining factor when it was 11-a-side with different weighting for scores compared to normal.

Bull****.
26-06-2019, 11:40   #1453
Pogue eile

I'm really not sure what the scoring or format has to do with it to be honest, it was an official GAA tournament and the rules are very clear, it's not as if this was introduced under hand or at the last minute, its very clear from the rulebook.

Hopefully he appeals and they double it.
26-06-2019, 11:43   #1454
Realt Dearg Sec

Quote:
I'm not contesting Nolan's red after the whistle. It was stupidity of the highest order, and deserves to sit out the Leinster final as a result. Big blow for Wexford and a personal blow for himself, but you can't accost a referee.

I am contesting using past discretion in the fecking Super 11's though when considering the length of his suspension. No way could that game be a determining factor when it was 11-a-side with different weighting for scores compared to normal.

Bull****.
In general I agree, that 11s thing is the textbook definition of Mickey mouse, and if they're going to start holding infractions in that against players, I would certainly like to see managers refusing to cooperate with the gaa in facilitating the event. But what was his infraction? Was it another attack on a ref? Because in that case I don't really think it matters what rules they played the game under. But if it's for something in a game that's part of the normal to and fro, then it's not right to use it now.
Thanks from:
26-06-2019, 11:49   #1455
castletownman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realt Dearg Sec View Post
In general I agree, that 11s thing is the textbook definition of Mickey mouse, and if they're going to start holding infractions in that against players, I would certainly like to see managers refusing to cooperate with the gaa in facilitating the event. But what was his infraction? Was it another attack on a ref? Because in that case I don't really think it matters what rules they played the game under. But if it's for something in a game that's part of the normal to and fro, then it's not right to use it now.
If I remember correctly there was a bit of a row after a late hit on a Wexford player, and was given a red for his part in it.

Didn't pay too much attention to it though because as I said it was a meaningless game.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion