Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Well I realised that!! It was more in jest as we(Clare) needed limerick to win today. Was clearly evident with the selection that it wasn’t too much of a worry to limerick today. Still, plenty of supporters made the journey today so it’s surely disappointing to them not to be in a munster final.

And I can assure you, I know plenty about hurling.

Fair play for what it's worth I'd always prefer to see clare go thru than cork

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

lim4ev wrote: »
    Fair play for what it's worth I'd always prefer to see clare go thru than cork

Suck it up then.

Pyrrhic victory for Clare.

At least they'll have some momentum to take into the Munster Hurling League next winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Suck it up then.

Pyrrhic victory for Clare.

At least they'll have some momentum to take into the Munster Hurling League next winter.

Classy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Eddie Brennan, Sonny Crockett wants his shirt back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

You won't see two better scores all year then Alan nolan's and Padraig Walsh's. Top class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Ursula is a bit hard on the ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Jaysus your ones voice is brutal to be listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

mystic86 wrote: »

I'm suprised RTE didn't go for Anna Geary

Matdew and dish year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

lim4ev wrote: »
    What are you on about do you know anything about hurling both teams going through the motions limerick probably even more so today was shadow boxing at its best

If you want to know what LuckyGent knows about hurling go into the Hurling Championship Pools thread and see if you can outwit him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭threeball

mystic86 wrote: »

Imagine living with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »

whats not to like about a shiny piece of crystal , even the december like weather conditions in the second half has whetted the appetite of this clare poster for what should be a cracking winter hurling campaign

I don't have ear muffs to hand,but just reached for the noise cancelling headphones when Ursula started analysing Shane O'Donnell's goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Two footed lunge by Callanan for the dubs first goal...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭threeball

citykat wrote: »

You said last night that 2 footed lunges weren't fouls at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

For a man that loves to snipe, it's gas how wound up you got about the commentary on Murphy's tackle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Looks like Gerry O'Connor is in for a long ban.

STB. wrote: »

word on the street is there could be a change of management before next season , so i am not sure how that might work

he was the genius behind steeling anthony nash's bag of sliotars and throwing them into the stand to slow down his puck outs , he got his son i believe to do it :rolleyes:

word on the street is there could be a change of management before next season , so i am not sure how that might work

he was the genius behind steeling anthony nash's bag of sliotars and throwing them into the stand to slow down his puck outs , he got his son i believe to do it :rolleyes:

That's really showing good example :eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Thought you said there was no penalty for a 2 foot lunge? Galway weren’t up to much last night-looked very lethargic in fairness,KK must of taken lots out of them but Dublin were the better team anyway.Galways full back line was destroyed especially Daithí Burke,he was involved in all 3 goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

STB. wrote: »

I only saw it earlier, he was so wrong and caused the Clare player to get injured..
    As they said on the Sunday Game the Cork players showed great restraint..
    If that was Davy Fitz involved it would be headline news...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

4Ad wrote: »
    I only saw it earlier, he was so wrong and caused the Clare player to get injured..
    He was lucky a player didn't come in and take his head off, disgraceful...anyone else getting sick of this Clare thing of trying to make cusack park into some sort of galatasaray place to go, Daly was just short of advocating hooliganism inside the line a few weeks ago in order to get an advantage, a few with short fuses in the crowd get influenced by that and we'd have nasty scenes, just play the game and quit the chip on your shoulders crap about players laughing at you and whippung boys etc.

Mehapoy wrote: »
    , just play the game and quit the chip on your shoulders crap about players laughing at you and whippung boys etc.

i will put this part of your post down to a few beers talking ;)

lets just say its a tad inaccurate :rolleyes:

That's really showing good example :eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

well it wasn't his 12 year old son it was more like his 22 year old son so i imagine he was old enough to know how stupid the whole idea was ........and still carried it out it was embarrassing to say the least :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

i will put this part of your post down to a few beers talking ;)

lets just say its a tad inaccurate :rolleyes:
    Yes, everytime someone has a different viewpoint it must be alcohol!
    The point stands this riling up and making every game into a battle is actually not good in the long term as you can't be in a constant state of emotional frenzy, better for the Clare players to rely on their skills and process, they're individually among the best in ireland and they dont need to be psyched up like madmen, that went out 20 years ago.

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Yes, everytime someone has a different viewpoint it must be alcohol!
    The point stands this riling up and making every game into a battle is actually not good in the long term as you can't be in a constant state of emotional frenzy, better for the Clare players to rely on their skills and process, they're individually among the best in ireland and they dont need to be psyched up like madmen, that went out 20 years ago.

its not a different view point , its an infraction , nobody was arguing anything everyone was in total agreement that o'connor was wrong

then you came in with this nonsense that we have a chip on our shoulder in clare and that we are always whinging about the past

nobody was whinging about anything it was a straight forward conversation about manager getting involved with a player which we all agreed was stupid
    and only that you normally dont troll on here i assume you must have had a few beers because you are way off the mark on this instance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Grats

4Ad wrote: »

O'Connor was stupid to carry on like that but it is totally out of character and he'll regret it. Davy Fitz is a different animal. He's continuously at it on the sideline so nobody should be surprised when he gets a ban. He fully deserves any punishment he gets. Even his former colleague Brian Lohan questioned his "passion" suggesting it wasn't genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Nah, that was just something his son took upon himself. Hence the video that was recorded from the stands as he had clearly told someone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Grats

Nah, that was just something his son took upon himself. Hence the video that was recorded from the stands as he had clearly told someone

Ironically, Donal Og Cusack was part of the management team at that time. Cusack himself boasted in his book about interfering with sliotars during his time as Cork goalkeeper. It seems some "sportsmen" dont mind cheating to gain an advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Not surprised to see Galway out or think they'd have contributed much to the championship anyways as I think their hunger for now is gone. They've been on the go for a while now and I think in crunch games the like of Tipp or even Wexford would beat them.

The worst thing about Tipp doing well is we're likely going to see those two gob****es the two Jonnys re-emerge. Sickeners.

Advertisement