Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

klaaaz wrote: »
    17C already in inland north Dublin , so calm out!

I'm finding it very 'jungle-y' at times, so much so that I've resorted to wearing shorts and wee running socks, as a man with hairy knees this is less than ideal. I'm hoping for some relief in the form of dry, hot weather that doesn't make me feel like a melting ice sculpture.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

sun trying to break through here; sky more textured and less leaden. Pollen counts are very very high ;; gentle breeze
    west mayo offshore

Wind rising and set to rise more;

Status Yellow - Small Craft Warning
    Northeast winds will reach force 6 at times this evening/ tonight and tomorrow morning on coasts from Slyne Head to Erris Head to Rossan Point`.

Issued: Tuesday 25 June 2019 11:00

it will clear the air wondrously so hunkering down to try to clear hay fever head,, back if there are any .... dramas!. Somehow I doubt that and we are having a real escape from extremes

Night all ! west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭acequion

Very sultry and balmy here in Tralee, an ideal day to work in the garden which is what I'm doing. Many, no doubt, will find the lack of sunshine frustrating but it is nice and warm, shorts and t shirt warm in my garden anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

Mercifully the sun didn't come out today here in Tipp, it's far too warm to be comfortable although there is a nice cool breeze at times. Basically this weather (maybe a couple degrees cooler) is perfect for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

After sunday I was gonna give up on this summer...never saw it coming tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭acequion

We had torrential rain in Tralee about an hour ago. Dry again now but wow is it humid!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It's co clammy and warm.
    16C and humid.

It's pure sex weather, without the sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭squarecircles

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    It's co clammy and warm.
    16C and humid.

It's pure sex weather, without the sex.

Would explain why folks on the continent are more passionate, the auld sexy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Overcast and trés cool. Hot cuppa to warm up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Can't believe I woke up to sunshine this morning thought those clouds the last few days would never lift

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sunny and about 17 degrees in cork city! Feels warm and humid again. If it stays sunny then today could be warmer then yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Grey and depressing in blessington.

Humid yes. Not worth it without sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭OldRio

Cloudy nearly all day yesterday. Cloud this morning. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely sunny morning in West Clare, was a small bit of cloud but it's burned off quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Found it kind of chilly cycling to work this morning as I only wore a t shirt. Worst heat wave ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Cool, dark and grey in Letterkenny, almost looks like it's going to rain

almost still.. grey and ,... grey

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Cloudy and windy, 14.6c and feeling cold. How I hate E/NE'lies in summer!
    Worst heat wave ever.
    .... haven't seen the sun out for more than a few minutes since I can't remember when!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A nice bright start to the day in Castlebar, 14.3C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

Very disappointing weather over last few days in North County Dublin. Hasn't hit more than 18 degrees at Dublin airport + cloudy. However this morning looking a bit better so hopefully sun will stay.

Don't get me wrong it's still nice weather but not the heatwave temperatures that were predicted ! Although the west seems to be doing better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

appledrop wrote: »
    Very disappointing weather over last few days in North County Dublin. Hasn't hit more than 18 degrees at Dublin airport + cloudy. However this morning looking a bit better so hopefully sun will stay.

Don't get me wrong it's still nice weather but not the heatwave temperatures that were predicted ! Although the west seems to be doing better.
    Cloudy in Dublin 5. I have to laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Feeling quite chilly out there in the breeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

At least it looks set to turn mostly sunny now for next 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

This spell so far is truly pathetic and one to forget. Even England had a massive flop with the expected thunderstorms on Monday night and Tuesday morning which never happened.

It’s just fail after fail.

Yep, it's actually cold out there now in wind. I stupidly wore 'summer clothes' so I'm freezing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    This spell so far is truly pathetic and one to forget. Even England had a massive flop with the expected thunderstorms on Monday night and Tuesday morning which never happened.

It’s just fail after fail.

this is almost on the level of the epic fail cold that was predicted for February. No warm spell here at all, every day cloudy from beginning to end. I'm wondering will we even get warm temperatures tomorrow and the 'breakdown' begins on Friday. Very dissapointing.

Only 36 hours ago we were forecasted to be 22C+, Southern England was supposed to be into the 30s. Temperatures there are even lower than here in Ireland.

temp_uk.png

Well some one needs to tell Met Eireann because they still have up their stupid forecast with high temperatures. It's a joke.

Utterly sheerly lovely day out here in the Atlantic. Warm sun and a sweet refreshing breeze to keep what clouds there are moving.. ah BLISS!

west mayo offshore island

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sun breaking through nicely here now, but there is very little warmth to it with that chilly breeze.

Advertisement