Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Today Thursday June 13 2019 is the most miserable cold June day I have witnessed in my lifetime to date and that is quite a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I have upstarts on my fingers with the cold. Gloves were worn at the playground.
    The travel agents will be busy.
    At least we don't have low heavy cloud with high humidity - our typical summer weather.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Fire lit already for the 10th evening in a row. This June is costing us a fortune in heating bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Bloody hell, the forecast for tomorrow....highest temperatures 11-15 with heavy prolonged rain - should be nice in that beer garden for after work drinks :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Gonzo wrote: »
    Fire lit already for the 10th evening in a row. This June is costing us a fortune in heating bills.
    The sooner our houses are upgraded to high insulation the better! Ours is A3 and we haven't had the heating on since April. Even mid winter is only 1 hour a day and then a small stove in the living room for some comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I ordered a set of garden furniture and I can't be arsed enquiring when its going to arrive at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭pauldry

Think more drink is all you can do in this weather

At least the beer wont go warm like last year

Havent been to beach at all this year

Are there icebergs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

I caught a few brief glimpses of the sun this evening, although often hazy. Although it was still very cold. The high for the day was only 12.2C It's currently 10.6C and overcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I ordered oil to come this morning . They were so busy they didn't come until 2:45

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The 12 o clock GFS was implying some absolutely horrendous weather for last week in June according to the UK weather online expert charts.

I know it's Fantasy Island but still....

Or am I completely missing something

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temperatures today have been recovering across much of western Europe, with the exception of Ireland and the UK. Only Scotland is colder than us.

Temperatures here will stage a slight recovery next week to more normal values by the end of the week. The week after next, there is a slight chance of some high pressure and warmth, but it may not last long and remains to be seen if Ireland will join everywhere else with summer. Fingers crossed, because at this stage i've had enough of the cold, damp and unseasonal conditions.

txint_eur2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Was out running earlier.. city smelled like a nov eve..lots of fires n stoves lit..smell of turf in the air......
    In June ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Suns making an appearance here in South Wicklow sorta..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

So much for global warming

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Thermal vest, hat and gloves at tag last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Chin up july will deliver the goods. I did mention a good while ago june would be similar to May and it looks to be going that way. It should start to warm up around the start or middle of July that might well continue into August with the odd unsettle days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Horrible wet evening here, ran down to the shop half an hour ago in a winter jacket and still felt cold, a hat and gloves wouldn't have gone amiss!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭pauldry

And now the grass growth is slowing again not from dry like May (in Sligo) but low soil temperatures

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I've given up expecting anything from July and August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Wouldn't be surprised if this is to do with geoengineering. Look at the sky the last few sunny days and it was covered in chemtrails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavens have opened here in N Kildare

thought we were going to escape with one dry day, but heavy rain drops here for the past while.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if this is to do with geoengineering. Look at the sky the last few sunny days and it was covered in chemtrails.

Just no

YanSno wrote: »
    Chin up july will deliver the goods. I did mention a good while ago june would be similar to May and it looks to be going that way. It should start to warm up around the start or middle of July that might well continue into August with the odd unsettle days.

You know nothing YanSno!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

June is January with extra daylight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Rather this than the appalling mugginess we usually get when it warms up. That is usually warm weather in Ireland and it's miserable. Exhausting.

Dry heat with very little cloud and a breeze is lovely, but that's rare here - and the stint of it last year led to drought!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

YanSno wrote: »

Yes i remember that. There are some indications that it will become warm and settled into July. If it does pan out, kudos to you for calling it a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I don’t know what month we're in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

It's only 13 days into summer. Losing faith now would be similar to losing faith for snow two weeks before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Jpmarn wrote: »
    I don’t know what month we're in!

June

Advertisement