Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭limabromac

Good luck with Ticketmaster..if you get any word back it would be interesting to post it here...I'd say MCD won't have enough scarves and posters to cover all the fans who had zone A and then upgraded to general standing... That's alot of extra money for their pockets... Won't take away from the show though, it was a great day out, but will make me wiser when booking tickets with a zone mentioned in the heading...��

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭kg703

Well if they don’t reply I’m going further and making a complaint. Still nothing back from them, told them they can send me the pack if they want but I’m still owed a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Just received a package from MCD, sunglasses a bag a poster and a scarf. The stamp cost 6.20 just to post it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

adam240610 wrote: »
    Just received a package from MCD, sunglasses a bag a poster and a scarf. The stamp cost 6.20 just to post it

What are the sunglasses like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Received the same today too, the glasses are pretty nice, loving the poster, think i'll get it framed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭boccers

As a matter of interest how long did it take MCD to get back to you initially? I sent a message on their contact form on their site about the Zone A thing and got a copy of my message by email and a short message saying they will respond when they can etc. That was a week ago and I haven't heard anything else since.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

That is good compensation,they were part of the shortest straw package I got which was €199 so about €30/40 worth of stuff

boccers wrote: »
    As a matter of interest how long did it take MCD to get back to you initially? I sent a message on their contact form on their site about the Zone A thing and got a copy of my message by email and a short message saying they will respond when they can etc. That was a week ago and I haven't heard anything else since.

Within 24 hours really, I was surprised how fast they got back to me

The scarf is probably my favourite thing, poster will get framed, and the glasses are nice. The bags rubbish really, barely stronger than a single use plastic bag..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I emailed them on the 24th of June and only got the "thank you for your mail" email. Still nothing back.

• Advertisement

Hi guys

Does anyone have any of the folllowing:

A pic / screenshot of the zone A ticket thing on sale at any point

Any correspondence from Mcd or Ticketmaster in the lead up to slane regarding it

An email showing they paid for an upgrade to non zone a

Anything relevant to this debacle!

If you would be willing to share it with me it would be great, justice warrior me is currently wasting a lot of time but has taken it further. It’s only forty quid but it’s the damn principle of thing and I’m sick of being ripped off by Ticketmaster mcd and their shady sales tactics.

I want accountability! And Justice for all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

http://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/en-gb/tmimages/venue/maps/uk2/18253s.jpg

Image of the layout plan here, zone a clearly marked at the back.

Messaged them myself a week ago but heard nothing back.

Below is my proof I bought a zone A and upgraded to general standing...
    You purchased 2 tickets to:
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Metallica - Worldwired Tour
    SLANE CASTLE, Co. Meath,
    Sat 8 Jun 2019, 14:00

Details: Metallica, Bokassa, Ghost

Order for: xxx
    Total Charge: €192.70

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    You purchased 2 tickets to:
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Metallica - Worldwired Tour
    SLANE CASTLE, Co. Meath,
    Sat 8 Jun 2019, 14:00

Details: Metallica, Bokassa, Ghost

Order for: xxx
    Total Charge: €212.70

I emailed Ticketmaster alot before the gig saying that MCD acknowledged that there was no more zone A but they wouldn't help out at all and even on the day they said it was MCD that changed at the last minute...I deleted the emails as I got fed up dealing with Ticketmaster and also because MCD apologised and sent the VIP pack...

Heres an image of the Slane map from MCD clearly showing no zone A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

limabromac wrote: »
    Heres an image of the Slane map from MCD clearly showing no zone A

Interesting, the one I linked a few posts up from Ticketmaster had Zone A very clearly marked out in green.

They both had different maps... Ticketmaster had the zone A clearly marked and they said it was still an actual zone until the day of the gig when I emailed them early on saying could they kindly tell me where zone A was and then they said MCD have the right to change the venue at the last moment... MCD confirmed a week previous that there was no zone A which I explained to ticketmast and they said they were never officially informed so will not be issuing a refund...ticketmasters Customer service was non existent whilst MCD couldn't apologise enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anyone enjoyed Ghost, another chance to see them at the 3arena on November 20th.

Thanks guys, I have news articles etc and things clearly showing the two zones. Sure fingers crossed, prob nothing will come from it but it’s worth a go

:p
    rob316 wrote: »
    Anyone enjoyed Ghost, another chance to see them at the 3arena on November 20th.

Thanks for the heads-up.. waiting for Ghost to come to Ireland for a long time ..presale for three customers aswell, if anyone has a code and they'd like to donate it, please PM..

Ghost are awesome great news!

Might be able to give you my code, husband said hell buy me tickets for my bday and both of us on three so as long as he doesn't mess up getting his own code :D

• Advertisement

kg703 wrote: »
    Ghost are awesome great news!

Might be able to give you my code, husband said hell buy me tickets for my bday and both of us on three so as long as he doesn't mess up getting his own code :D

That'd be great!! Cheers : ).
    Have to make sure now that the 3 arena don't have a zone A.. ; )
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Zero chance ghost sell out the point no need to rush

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I will have a presale code I won't be using also, if someone wants it they can Pm :)

Ghost tickets purchased, cheers kg703. Happy days..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

What kind of attendance for this would be counted as a success?.. im assuming upper tier wont be fully open anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

limabromac wrote: »
    Ghost tickets purchased, cheers kg703. Happy days..

You are very welcome, mine too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The tuning room video from Slane is up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

The tuning room video from Slane is up

I’m a minute and a half in and I had to bail because holy shyte Lars is INSUFFEERABLE, he is surely the worst drummer of all time. How they put up with him for so long is beyond me.

Rob’s bass tone is beautiful, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wayne Gorsky

davef1000 wrote: »
    I’m a minute and a half in and I had to bail because holy shyte Lars is INSUFFEERABLE, he is surely the worst drummer of all time. How they put up with him for so long is beyond me.

Rob’s bass tone is beautiful, though.

totally, but Lars founded the band and owns (I think, does he?) the name and all, though it is beyond me alright why they didn’t buy him out years ago…his drumming is a joke (just watched some Slane footage)…certainly the worst most successful crappy metal drummer ever…James and the rest of the band sound great…and then there are Kirk’s fingernails, but that’s a different story…

Advertisement