Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ah James was grand, happens to the best...
    Here's a classic from Tom in the arena last year..skip to 1.58 if ya want it's in the 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Would never bother me if an artist forgets words every now and again. They are human!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

If they had to play a classic Irish song I'd love if they'd done "Where's me jumper". Now that would have got the crowd going.

Come out Ye Black and Tans would also have been an excellent choice. Also would be heavied up big time when dropped to D.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I emailed ticketmaster about the zone a - €10 thingy and i just received this reply today -

"We are currently in the middle of our busy season so our reply may be delayed.

We appreciate your patience while we look into this for you.

Fan Support"

Has anyone else heard back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I emailed ticketmaster about the zone a - €10 thingy and i just received this reply today -

Fan Support"

I tweeted them about it, Nothing. :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

mimimcmc wrote: »

Fan Support"

I heard back from Ticketmaster who have told me that it's not their problem, that a venue change can happen up to the last minute and that since MCD never informed them of a venue change that my concern should be directed to MCD and not to Ticketmaster...

I then contacted MCD who, I have to say, apologised so much and have expressed that zone A was dropped weeks previous to the set up of Slane and as a way of compensation sent me a VIP package containing some memorabilia of the day at Slane...

I'm still annoyed at Ticketmaster as I initially had zone A tickets and could have walked into the venue with these and saved myself money but I have to say that MCD were very apologetic in their approach to my concern and I did say that it wasn't just me that this extra money had been taken from, that there would have hundreds of fans duped by this Zone A upgrade....

Hope this helps and if you hear anything from Ticketmaster,it would be great if you could keep us informed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

limabromac wrote: »
    I then contacted MCD who, I have to say, apologised so much and have expressed that zone A was dropped weeks previous to the set up of Slane and as a way of compensation sent me a VIP package containing some memorabilia of the day at Slane...

Well in fairness thats not a bad result, I wouldnt have expected that from MCD. Have they got all touchy feely over the last while or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well in fairness thats not a bad result, I wouldnt have expected that from MCD. Have they got all touchy feely over the last while or something?

My concern was with Ticketmaster who stayed faceless and rude with their response to me but MCD were so different in their approach... Maybe it's because it affects so many people...I remember when the zone A thing started and MCD came out and apologised and Ticketmaster said that you could change your tickets for a fee and now it turns out that they took extra money off people for no reason...
    Anyway, I'm happy that MCD acknowledged my concern and I will continue to question Ticketmaster for taking money that they didn't need to...imagine, if even 1000 people uprgraded from zone A to general standing then Ticketmaster and MCD pocketed an extra 10,000 for the day...I don't think personally they should get away with that ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

limabromac wrote: »
    I heard back from Ticketmaster who have told me that it's not their problem, that a venue change can happen up to the last minute and that since MCD never informed them of a venue change that my concern should be directed to MCD and not to Ticketmaster...

I'm still annoyed at Ticketmaster as I initially had zone A tickets and could have walked into the venue with these and saved myself money but I have to say that MCD were very apologetic in their approach to my concern and I did say that it wasn't just me that this extra money had been taken from, that there would have hundreds of fans duped by this Zone A upgrade....

Hope this helps and if you hear anything from Ticketmaster,it would be great if you could keep us informed ...
    what ya get

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anyone know when the gig is available for download? No sign of the email yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

faceman wrote: »
    Anyone know when the gig is available for download? No sign of the email yet.

has been on the internets a few days now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    has been on the internets a few days now

I got the amsterdam one as I was at it. The sound quality is tops. Was some show, no leaf clover was the highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Ahhh lads, will they be back next year?

That was a fantastic day and I'm still smiling at the thoughts of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,313 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Zwillinge wrote: »

Lads let’s get a campaign going for them to come back to Slane next year !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭klose

Zwillinge wrote: »

2021 is the 30th anniversary of the Black album, wonder will they tour for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

klose wrote: »
    2021 is the 30th anniversary of the Black album, wonder will they tour for that?

They have toured Master of Puppets and The Black Album already.

Don't know if they'd do it again. Although I'd definitely love that Master of Puppets in full tour again.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Dero

klose wrote: »

Jesus H. Christ. Thirty years? Now I feel really really old. :(

I was 19 when it came out. The Point in 92 was my first Metallica gig. That was some night too. I Still have my ticket and a few (very fuzzy) pictures from it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dero wrote: »
    Jesus H. Christ. Thirty years? Now I feel really really old. :(

I was 19 when it came out. The Point in 92 was my first Metallica gig. That was some night too. I Still have my ticket and a few (very fuzzy) pictures from it somewhere.

****in loved that tour, the indoor part, think it was October time, seen them in Manchester, Birmingham and London, they used to REALLY mix the set lists up then, in Manchester they opened with Wherever I may Roam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

scudzilla wrote: »
    ****in loved that tour, the indoor part, think it was October time, seen them in Manchester, Birmingham and London, they used to REALLY mix the set lists up then, in Manchester they opened with Wherever I may Roam

My first Metallica gig was at the Point on that tour. I think if they were playing 2 nights at a venue they strayed from the usual ES/CD start. Great times, although in hindsight the video instead of a support band was quite naff. Didn’t Lars have rotating drum kits or something as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Didn’t Lars have rotating drum kits or something as well?

It moved around the stage. I was at that gig too and loved the fact it was pure Metallica and no ****ty support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Wailin wrote: »
    It moved around the stage. I was at that gig too and loved the fact it was pure Metallica and no ****ty support act.

The video beforehand was cringeworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Leppard Messiah

they actually didnt mix the setlists up at all back then..if you look at the setlists from the uK/Irish leg of that tour they only switched roam in as an opener once and used to change between creep and sandman as an opener. the odd time..obviously back then they didnt have as much material to rotate. if you look at the 300 shows on the black album tour they rarely changed the setlist. It wasn't until 2003 onward that Lars is on record as saying they have never played the same set two nights in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

No fcuking way, what a ****e venue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

No chance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Aviva would be good.

Dunno though, if they hit Europe again next year it's probably be the festival circuit which means we miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Degag wrote: »
    Aviva would be good.

No it wouldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

No it wouldn't!

Why?

Nice and central.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Why?

Nice and central.

Location the only thing somewhat going for it, found it poor for multiple reasons for AC/DC, I'm highly unlikely to part with 100 beans to enter there for a gig again, just my opinion of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Aviva would be good.

Dunno though, if they hit Europe again next year it's probably be the festival circuit which means we miss out.

Not necessarily,they have often played Ireland around the time they have been on European festival treks.

Advertisement