Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Well if they can fill Slane then it has to be Croker on their next visit to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

funnyname wrote: »
    Well if they can fill Slane then it has to be Croker on their next visit to Ireland.

Let's be honest there were alot of people at slane that were there because it was slane
    I'd say the rds at 35,000 or at best a 50,000 Aviva
    Neither venue is ideal for them but they would more than likely sell out
    I personally think they would be better off in Marley park with 40,000 capacity in the open air field and quite simply the best venue in the country for getting to and from

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

funnyname wrote: »

That would be hell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Jesus. How many people bitching about venues?! I'll be happy if they play anywhere!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Olympia :pac:

They might sell it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Penfailed wrote: »
    Jesus. How many people bitching about venues?! I'll be happy if they play anywhere!

Same people, same bitchin....

No matter what band announce a gig, theres always a few that whinge and bawl...

Maybe they should just watch the gigs on youtube….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It would be tough going for most rock bands to play a large outdoor show and then return the following year to do a similiar sized gig.

Maybe through them in the 3Arena for two nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Olympia :pac:

They might sell it out

Didn't sell any tickets at all when they played there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

It would be tough going for most rock bands to play a large outdoor show and then return the following year to do a similiar sized gig.

Maybe through them in the 3Arena for two nights?

They booked 2 night in the Point back in the day, but had to cancel one cos **** all tickets were sold for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

They booked 2 night in the Point back in the day, but had to cancel one cos **** all tickets were sold for it.

What tour was that?

• Advertisement

What tour was that?

The Load tour I think?

The Load tour I think?

Alright. Hadn’t heard that mentioned before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The Load tour I think?

That kind of speaks for itself :P

Just looking at that and I doubt it’s true.

On the Load tour they played here on 9 October and had a date in Glasgow the next night. There was no gig scheduled the night before but they were in Newcastle the night before that and they’d never have done 4 nights in a row, especially going from UK to Ireland to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

I didnt get to the merch stands unfortunately as there must have been 100 people at them when they arrived.

I have noticed some guitar pick photos online though since. Anyone know if these were available on the day and if there is anywhere they can be bought now?

Heres an example:

https://scontent-cdg2-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/b8561c8b8830bd7b4ab196654d000c26/5DA51ED4/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/s640x640/61553761_2749061078500124_1429701750114592917_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1.cdninstagram.com

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Yeah, they were available on the day. I think they were sold in a pack for €20.00.

Just looking at that and I doubt it’s true.

On the Load tour they played here on 9 October and had a date in Glasgow the next night. There was no gig scheduled the night before but they were in Newcastle the night before that and they’d never have done 4 nights in a row, especially going from UK to Ireland to UK.

Pretty sure they did

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Great set list for the Manchester show last night. Disposable Heroes, God that Failed and Sanitarium. Got pissed on too by the looks of it.

Just listened back to some of the gig there. F**k, James's voice is shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just listened back to some of the gig there. F**k, James's voice is shot.

I would've said the opposite,the best he's sounded in years. Their relaxed touring Schedule is helping his voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

I thought he was fairly good too. Voice cracked once or twice but sure he's always kinda done that the odd time. For his age I thought he sounded grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,306 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I thought he was fairly good too. Voice cracked once or twice but sure he's always kinda done that the odd time. For his age I thought he sounded grand.

Just listened to some of it and his voice ain’t bad at all.

Why don’t more bands do this relaxed schedule touring ? Makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

It's a great idea but can be quite expensive for bands to do but with Metallica the money will take care of itself ,some bands just dont have the scope to take the risk and then again some just love being on the road ,
    There also a band that goes by it's own rules and very rarely fits it schedule to suit promoters , mcd and slane itself would have much preferred an early may or late August gig but mcd got the call for early June and it was a take it or leave it deal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They should do, take Bon Jovi for example, hardly short of a few bob but according to many many reports who went to see him this weekend his voice is fcuked. Surely it would help doing a touring cycle like Metallica.

Not only that, the pics i seen of James in Clare, he looked the happiest offstage i've seen him for years, taking pics with fans and that,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,765 ✭✭✭893bet

Wailin wrote: »
    Great set list for the Manchester show last night. Disposable Heroes, God that Failed and Sanitarium. Got pissed on too by the looks of it.

Thought he sounded great! Eithad is a great venue!

Got soaked!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Wailin wrote: »

Gutted we did not get them in Slane... but at least the day trippers got their Whiskey in the jar.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

wow ...i love the stone roses but give me the lads butchering the wild rover over i wanna be adored any day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The download thing for the gig...I've got it sorted onto my iTunes but the cover picture is shite. Someone put up a picture way back in the thread somewhere for use with the download but I can't find it...anyone?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

The download thing for the gig...I've got it sorted onto my iTunes but the cover picture is shite. Someone put up a picture way back in the thread somewhere for use with the download but I can't find it...anyone?

1zf2ctf.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Here

Advertisement