Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Email back from MCD.

2 complimentary tickets for Ghost in the 3Arena !

(must not be selling well?)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Iceberg

greenspurs wrote: »
    Email back from MCD.

Just got the same (after sending a follow up to ask why no reply in over a month)

Email back from MCD.

Iceberg wrote: »
    Just got the same (after sending a follow up to ask why no reply in over a month)

Anyone looking for tickets for Ghost ??

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Email back from MCD.

Well crap

Wish i didnt settle for a bloody “vip” pack with a plastic bag, 50c sunglasses, a crap scarf and a decent looking poster

Would love free ghost tickets

Well crap

Wish i didnt settle for a bloody “vip” pack with a plastic bag, 50c sunglasses, a crap scarf and a decent looking poster

Would love free ghost tickets

Id swap.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Iceberg wrote: »
    Email back from MCD.

I might send the same email even thou i dont know what im supposed to be complaining about :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Id swap.... :D

Hit me up so ill not complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,306 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Bring Metallica back asap

Lads get them back for 2021 If poss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,306 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

When did this Metallica family craic start

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

They don’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon.

Seeing the lack of bands who are capable of playing it there’s a distinct chance they could be back sometime in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

When did this Metallica family craic start

Ah they're at it a good while now, probably mid 90s ? Once you go down that route you're fooked, remember Sepultribe and all that around Roots...I turned off then.

Lady Gaga's monsters, Slipknot's maggots ....puke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Slane was the highest grossing show on the last leg of the tour. Not quite sold out, 71,122 / 78,824 tickets sold.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-grossed-70-million-from-13-shows-on-summer-2019-leg-of-worldwired-tour/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Slane was the highest grossing show on the last leg of the tour. Not quite sold out, 71,122 / 78,824 tickets sold.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-grossed-70-million-from-13-shows-on-summer-2019-leg-of-worldwired-tour/

Great numbers for a non main stream (read:sh1te) band. Fup the naysayers.

And there were definitely another few thousand comps so no wonder it looked so close to full

If their reported fee is 2m (and the other bands take half a mill maybe?) does that mean MCD and Lord Henry pocket the rest after expenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Ah they're at it a good while now, probably mid 90s ? Once you go down that route you're fooked, remember Sepultribe and all that around Roots...I turned off then.

Lady Gaga's monsters, Slipknot's maggots ....puke

Nah it started post James's rehab

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭klose

Big Nasty wrote: »

Move it to the RDS.....

klose wrote: »
    Move it to the RDS.....

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,853 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MCD will deff bring AC/DC to slane next year now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Degag wrote: »
    And there were definitely another few thousand comps so no wonder it looked so close to full

If their reported fee is 2m (and the other bands take half a mill maybe?) does that mean MCD and Lord Henry pocket the rest after expenses?

I've no idea but I'd say the expenses for this tour are massive. They've a huge crew and there are 3 versions of the stage on the go.

I've no idea but I'd say the expenses for this tour are massive. They've a huge crew and there are 3 versions of the stage on the go.

Yeah but if Metallica’s reported fee per show is 2m than all that expense is covered through that i’d guess.

I’m asking if the remaining money from the gross goes to Henry and MCD after the expense of holding the gig are taken into account (security, Gardai etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah but if Metallica’s reported fee per show is 2m than all that expense is covered through that i’d guess.

The two million is their alleged fee. It's all theirs. That's for them to play. That doesn't cover anything else.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Jesus there seemed alot more then 71000 at slane, I went through most of them at one stage to go to the jacks

Wheres yer man gone that said they wouldn't sell out the RDS ??? :o

Havent heard from him in a while ………………………… :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Wheres yer man gone that said they wouldn't sell out the RDS ??? :o

Havent heard from him in a while ………………………… :rolleyes:

I’m fairness it wasn’t a wild accusation, they had failed to sell out Marley park and the rds prior with arguably stronger supporting acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Not mainstream? Metallica? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

It actually confirms the draw that Slane as a venue still has.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Mate I hate to break it to you, but Metallica are as mainstream as it gets. They're one of the biggest live acts in the world, and for better or worse one of the go to bands for the girl in your life who doesn't listen to metal much but appropriates a 'rock out' image for those wild nights out by proxy of a twelve euro black miniskirt and leather choker from H&M.

I'm not dissing them, but this isn't counterculture, even if you were mad into them during some ~real music phase most people hopefully grow out of. Their albums sell millions and they do the same soccer stadiums Taylor Swift does.

We might have different opinions of what mainstream is

To me mainstream is the sh1te you hear on FM104 / 98 / 2FM

Wouldn't hear too much Metallica on those stations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Metallica are certainly as mainstream as it gets. I always hate hearing this argument that Metallica are sticking it to anyone by being so popular there promoted by the same people who promote the likes of Taylor Swift just in a different way.

• Advertisement

They are most definitely not mainstream in this country. As another poster said, they get next to no airplay on Irish radio and if they do it's one of two songs. They also get next to no media attention barring Slane, which they did, well because it was Slane.

Worldwide, perhaps.

Advertisement