Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Options
  • 26-04-2017 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭

Couldn't find a pre-existing thread for this. Anyway, the big news of the (inevitable) sequel so far, is that Goldblum is returning as Ian Malcolm. Hopefully this won't be as daft as the first JW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭El Duda

Came here to post this news this morning but couldn't find a thread. Awesome news.

First Official Pic;

screen_shot_2017-03-08_at_12.23.41_pm_copy.jpg

No idea about the plot yet. I heard rumours this one is set in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

They need to do something different than a theme park gone awry again that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

They need to do something different than a theme park gone awry again that's for sure.

Jurassic Moon. It's the next logical step.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I can't imagine any insurance company would offer them a policy for another park !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

El Duda wrote: »
    Came here to post this news this morning but couldn't find a thread. Awesome news.

First Official Pic;

screen_shot_2017-03-08_at_12.23.41_pm_copy.jpg

No idea about the plot yet. I heard rumours this one is set in London.

If it's just another theme park and not dinos on the mainland I'll be extremely disappointed .

When they announced what turned out to be JW I'd fan fictioned my own dinos hit the mainland film whose opening prologue would see a tanker steaming towards the gulf of Aden off the Somali coast when they are boarded by pirates . One of the pirates would get down into the hold to discover it filled Noahs ark style with dinosaurs bound for some Rich Sheiks private theme park. In the ensuing struggle for control of the ship it would run aground and break up in the storm with Raptors and kronosaurs( for a jaws like spin off movie) amongst other dinos escaping onto mainland africa . The film would then jump ahead and see a grown up Tim , now a naturalist , investigating reports by jungle tribesmen of their villages being attacked by an undiscovered new species. The rest of the film would see him lead a documentary crew on an expedition deep into the jungle where they will of course be picked off . The films climax would see Tim lead the pursuing raptors into the territory of a large group of chimpanzees, who using their wits, numbers and tool use drive the Raptors out of their territory . The film and any sequels would amongst other things track the disruption the introduction of a new species like the velociraptors would have on the ecosystem up and down the food chain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

I don't think I'll ever get over Bryce Dallas Howard sprinting around in high heels for the entire first movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭El Duda

I don't think I'll ever get over Bryce Dallas Howard. Damn she fine. Hottest ginger ever.

Another possible directions would be to do a Dunston Checks In remake but switch the monkey for a raptor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I really hope Malcolm is necessary to the plot and not just shoehorned as fan service.

There were rumours that the plot to this would focus around the side-plot of JW with D'Onofrio wanting to use dinosaurs for the military.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The film and any sequels would amongst other things track the disruption the introduction of a new species like the velociraptors would have on the ecosystem up and down the food chain.
    In reality if a handful of dinos escaped it probably wouldn't take long to track them down and kill them. That's if they didn't die of some disease the first time they made contact with any other modern animal, or stepped in a puddle of dirty water.. A handful of dinosaurs wouldn't even make a viable breeding group.

I fully expect this to be another cash in pile of steaming garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

ScumLord wrote: »
    In reality if a handful of dinos escaped it probably wouldn't take long to track them down and kill them. That's if they didn't die of some disease the first time they made contact with any other modern animal, or stepped in a puddle of dirty water.. A handful of dinosaurs wouldn't even make a viable breeding group.

I fully expect this to be another cash in pile of steaming garbage.

Life and Hollywood would find a way 😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I couldn't find a thread for it Jurassic World 2 has an official name.

DC7wazmXkAAMf9L.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I can't wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think Fallen Expectations would be more apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

Really enjoyed Jurassic World, and am old enough to remember and enjoy the first set of films too. Will definitely be seeing this in the cinema :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The first one was added to Netflix the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The first one was added to Netflix the last day.

Everyone who doesn't know is going to be so disappointed that you mean Jurassic World and not Park.

Life finds a way,
    Ha, more like studio executives with no imagination find a way

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tok9 wrote: »
    Everyone who doesn't know is going to be so disappointed that you mean Jurassic World and not Park.

D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Such a lame ass boring poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I am totally hyped by that title.... Planet of the Dinosaurs??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

fluke wrote: »
    Such a lame ass boring poster.

The tag line too :rolleyes: Literally scavenging JP for nostalgia tugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Jurassic World, now that's one big pile of sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

'Alan'.

(Let's see who gets that)

Or maybe this time, the raptors will do gymnastics?...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

'Alan'.

tumblr_mlh5itpEM41rl52wjo2_500.gif

:D What a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

tumblr_mlh5itpEM41rl52wjo2_500.gif

:D What a film.

That is the best bit in that movie. JP 3 is actually better than JP2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I am totally hyped by that title.... Planet of the Dinosaurs??

"Kingdom" referring to the UK I'd have thought?

28 Days Later with dinosaurs I could probably get on board with. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If I may... Um, I'll tell you the problem with the power that you're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you're selling it, you wanna sell it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm looking forward to seeing what Bayona does with this. He's a very underrated director. My only concern would be the script, which I guess Connolly and Trevorrow threw together, like they did the last one, before moving on to Star Wars. But it wouldn't be the first time Bayona's made the most of a weak script.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

"Kingdom" referring to the UK I'd have thought?

28 Days Later with dinosaurs I could probably get on board with. :pac:

Good shout - they are/were filming in Wales, I believe.

Advertisement