Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Pro12 Season 2020-2021

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Dragons play Edinburgh after the Pro14 final.

Talk about being demoralising

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56171172

I wonder is it a sign they are planning to scrap the Rainbow cup and revert to the original league format...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Think there's a difference between the Pro14 being a bit of a farce in terms of the rugby; competitiveness and results and so on, and a Rainbow Cup being a farce in terms of public health during a global pandemic.

The SA teams will probably base themselves in UK/Ireland for the duration. There will hardly be back and forth travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Zzippy wrote: »
    I wonder is it a sign they are planning to scrap the Rainbow cup and revert to the original league format...

Its only the day after the final and Rainbow Cup not set to start until 17th April so dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭connachta

SA media and coach/players interwiewd are looking more and more convinced it's happening

1 and half months to go; 50% of the population should be immuned by then, except "variant" diverging a lot, i'm confident!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

connachta wrote: »
    SA media and coach/players interwiewd are looking more and more convinced it's happening

1 and half months to go; 50% of the population should be immuned by then, except "variant" diverging a lot, i'm confident!

50% of what population?!!!

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    50% of what population?!!!

+ 50 y.o

those who die

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

+ 50 y.o

those who die

whos population are you talking about?

south africas?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    whos population are you talking about?

south africas?

No

by mid-April in Europe, more than 50% of the population over 50 years old, that is to say 95% of those who die of covid will be immuned (priority of vaccination)

the most dangerous part of the pandemic will be less prominient, even if many poeple will still be contaminated

No

by mid-April in Europe, more than 50% of the population over 50 years old, that is to say 95% of those who die of covid will be immuned (priority of vaccination)

the most dangerous part of the pandemic will be less prominient, even if many poeple will still be contaminated

?? and what has that got to do with a lions tour?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

?? and what has that got to do with a lions tour?
    Nothing. The discussion is about SA teams basing themselves in the UK for the Rainbow Cup.

• Advertisement

Nothing. The discussion is about SA teams basing themselves in the UK for the Rainbow Cup.

my apologies !!!

i was linking the SA talk to the lions... obvious i got that arseways !

sorry connachta for misunderstanding

my apologies !!!

i was linking the SA talk to the lions... obvious i got that arseways !

sorry connachta for misunderstanding

no problem:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Edinburgh and scarlets doing there best super rugby impressions today, fantastic game too watch so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Edinburgh and scarlets doing there best super rugby impressions today, fantastic game too watch so far.

That last Edinburgh try had everything, brilliant offloads, brilliant kicks, big hits, sloppy tackles, knock ons, missed tackle for the try and then a fight!

Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Electric finish!!

Unlucky Edinburgh

Now pure maths
    Connacht in ChampCup!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Zebre about to win against Dragons so will jump to 4th in Conference A

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Read today that the SA franchises may base themselves in Dubai, Dublin or London so that the Rainbow Cup can go ahead.

Surely the Dubai idea is madness?

Why not base one SA in each of the other 4 countries...

Eg Stormers in Scotland, Sharks in Ireland, Bulls in Wales and Lions in Italy.

Leinster 60 points:
    Ulster (A)
    Zebre (A)
    Ospreys (H)

Ulster 54 points:
    Leinster (H)
    Dragons (A)
    Zebre (H)

Leinster 60 points:
    Ulster (A)
    Zebre (A)
    Ospreys (H)

Ulster 54 points:
    Leinster (H)
    Dragons (A)
    Zebre (H)

The game is up for Ulster.

• Advertisement

Munster 50 points:
    Connacht (H)
    Scarlets (H)
    Benetton (H)

Connacht 41 points:
    Munster (A)
    Edinburgh (H)
    Scarlets (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Munster 50 points:
    Connacht (H)
    Scarlets (H)
    Benetton (H)

Connacht 41 points:
    Munster (A)
    Edinburgh (H)
    Scarlets (A)
    Looks like a Leinster v Munster final

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

bilston wrote: »
    The game is up for Ulster.

It will be a terrible indictment of the league if a team can win 15 from 16 and finish second.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

bilston wrote: »
    Read today that the SA franchises may base themselves in Dubai, Dublin or London so that the Rainbow Cup can go ahead.

Surely the Dubai idea is madness?

Why not base one SA in each of the other 4 countries...

Eg Stormers in Scotland, Sharks in Ireland, Bulls in Wales and Lions in Italy.

Direct flights to ireland and the UK and almost zero Covid restrictions in Dubai. So would be an 'easy' option in terms of training/movement of players, I'd imagine that's the only reason it's even in the mix.

Direct flights to ireland and the UK and almost zero Covid restrictions in Dubai. So would be an 'easy' option in terms of training/movement of players, I'd imagine that's the only reason it's even in the mix.

Heatstroke might be a bigger issue than Covid!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

3000 covid cases a day in UAE the last month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

https://twitter.com/cardiff_rugby_/status/1366357384403238913

So the Cardiff Blues are now Cardiff Rugby.

I'm not up to date with the whole Welsh rugby politics, but are they moving away from being a "region" and want to be identified as an independent club :confused:

Cardiff's traditional colours are blue and black so I imagine a new jersey will reflect that.

Most people call them Cardiff anyway. The "blues" terms didn't really stick, unlike the Scarlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

yerrahbah wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/cardiff_rugby_/status/1366357384403238913

So the Cardiff Blues are now Cardiff Rugby.

I'm not up to date with the whole Welsh rugby politics, but are they moving away from being a "region" and want to be identified as an independent club :confused:

It's to link in with Cardiff RFC I believe, so scrapping the region element of it and getting back more to the old club setup.

Welsh rugby is truly a mess, but at least they seem to be taking some steps to try and rectify it.

• Advertisement

Why aren't Cardiff dominating the Pro 14 and Europe? They should be on a par with Leinster, or at least very close to them. The capital city of a rugby mad country and yet they struggle to be in the top 8 in the Pro 14.

I know the population of Leinster is a good bit more than Cardiff, but rugby is supposedly king in Wales which offsets that a bit.
    They should have 20k at all their matches with the best players in Wales playing and they should have the financial pull to bring in some of the best players in the world.

Cardiff are a prime example of how the professional level of the domestic game in Walss has gone very badly wrong.

Advertisement