Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Pro12 Season 2020-2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

bilston wrote: »
    Why aren't Cardiff dominating the Pro 14 and Europe? They should be on a par with Leinster, or at least very close to them. The capital city of a rugby mad country and yet they struggle to be in the top 8 in the Pro 14.

I know the population of Leinster is a good bit more than Cardiff, but rugby is supposedly king in Wales which offsets that a bit.
    They should have 20k at all their matches with the best players in Wales playing and they should have the financial pull to bring in some of the best players in the world.

Cardiff are a prime example of how the professional level of the domestic game in Walss has gone very badly wrong.

mismanagement, crap management of branding etc since they turned to regions as only solution to having pro rugby teams within Wales.
    Cardiff is capital city etc but the money isnt near to support rugby compared to here. Wales is rugby mad but has some of the most deprived areas in the UK compared to Leinster rugby.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Why aren't Cardiff dominating the Pro 14 and Europe? They should be on a par with Leinster, or at least very close to them. The capital city of a rugby mad country and yet they struggle to be in the top 8 in the Pro 14.

I know the population of Leinster is a good bit more than Cardiff, but rugby is supposedly king in Wales which offsets that a bit.
    They should have 20k at all their matches with the best players in Wales playing and they should have the financial pull to bring in some of the best players in the world.

Cardiff are a prime example of how the professional level of the domestic game in Walss has gone very badly wrong.

Because there’s more that goes into rugby that the population of a city...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    Because there’s more that goes into rugby that the population of a city...

Really...pray tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

mismanagement, crap management of branding etc since they turned to regions as only solution to having pro rugby teams within Wales.
    Cardiff is capital city etc but the money isnt near to support rugby compared to here. Wales is rugby mad but has some of the most deprived areas in the UK compared to Leinster rugby.....

The comparison to Leinster is probably unfair. But they should be matching Ulster and even Munster IMO. That is probably more to do with mismanagement.

I thinknit just comes down to the fact that many rugby fans in Irelamd are just as passionate about their province as they are about Ireland. In Wales the passion is almost exclusively reserves for the national team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Cardiff City Football Club. Wales may be known as a rugby mad country, but the football team rules in Cardiff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Zebre 17-10 glasgow

• Subscribers Posts: 41,060 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Zebre 17-10 glasgow

20 - 24 glasgow

Edit 20-31

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

With it now confirmed that its a Munster Leinster final, anyone else worried we wont see full strength sides?

The final is sandwiched in between two weeks of 6 nations fixtures and two weeks of Champions CUP K/O fixtures.

While not impossible I'd question whether the likes of Sexton, Murray Earls, Healy will play five really competitive games in a row

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see two fully loaded teams for the final, but at the moment I'm unsure

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I would be stunned if there's full strength sides. Starting internationals playing five games in a row is unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭Buer

You can go back to August and September to see how Leinster will approach the situation. Two interpros, two knock out Pro14 games and the Saracens match all in 5 consecutive weekends.

• Advertisement

I would be stunned if there's full strength sides. Starting internationals playing five games in a row is unheard of.

Ya its a bit crap. Munster's first final in years and we will likely be without Beirne, Stander, Murray and Earls at a minimum.

Buer wrote: »
    You can go back to August and September to see how Leinster will approach the situation. Two interpros, two knock out Pro14 games and the Saracens match all in 5 consecutive weekends.

Leinster put out the B team in the 2nd interpro vs Ulster.

not one player started all 5 games

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So is the season ending on the 27th March with the Munster vs Leinster final or what's going on ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So is the season ending on the 27th March with the Munster vs Leinster final or what's going on ?

Edinburgh have two postponed games to play, which will probably have to be played after the final.

Then you have the Rainbow Cup starting on the 17th of April

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Edinburgh have two postponed games to play, which will probably have to be played after the final.

Then you have the Rainbow Cup starting on the 17th of April

Jesus it's a little faracial

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus it's a little faracial

Why is it farcical and what is the alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭PMC83

Why is it farcical and what is the alternative?

Because the league will be over? If Edinburgh can scrape champions cup from those last two games then fair enough, if not its as dead a rubber as can be

PMC83 wrote: »
    Because the league will be over? If Edinburgh can scrape champions cup from those last two games then fair enough, if not its as dead a rubber as can be

The only alternative to playing those games after the final is to play midweek games and that's not really a runner, particularly during international windows.

PMC83 wrote: »

They are in contention for 4th,

If the Champions Cup remains a 24 team competition next season then 4th place in each conference will qualify for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭PMC83

yerrahbah wrote: »
    They are in contention for 4th,

If the Champions Cup remains a 24 team competition next season then 4th place in each conference will qualify for it.

Something to play for so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

So before commenting about the level of the other let's rejoice about a simple fact

For the 1st time in pro Celtic League history, the 4 Irish provinces are now oficially and difinitely in the 4 top positions !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

Thank you Friendy, all the bird of ill omen (everybody I read about Rainbw Cup here), are, for now, wrong
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/other-rugby/friend-rainbow-cup-is-still-going-ahead-40179361.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Looks like Sky are taking the Pro14/16/xx TV rights

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

If the Rainbow Cup is to go ahead I presume the S African teams will come North, quarantine for 2 weeks and then stay here.

That leaves a very small window for things to be announced.

It would be great if it did go ahead as the weather and pitches will be getting better.

Looking at the league this year I wonder should they look at pushing the 6 Nations out to the end of the league season.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Looks like Sky are taking the Pro14/16/xx TV rights

Has that been confirmed anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Liam Toland is going up in the world baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

That’ll be a pain. No way I am paying for both BT and Sky.

Time to invest in an alternative solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Boscoirl wrote: »

40eur p/m for a Now TV Sky/BT pass if you watch for the discount deals. I have never paid more.

• Advertisement

Boscoirl wrote: »

Find a friend to split the cost of NowTV. They have offers all the time. It's not too bad.

Advertisement