Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,618 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

It will be interesting to see how Davy lines the teams up. I assume he is smart enough to know his old style of sitting deep is a death sentence against Hannon, Hayes and Byrnes. When you include Nash half our backs are former forwards (I think Nicky was a forward at school age too but it might be his brother I'm thinking of)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Bit off topic but why are there seats available in only a few corner sections and the terraces on ticketmaster? Not even a single ticket to be seen anywhere around the centre of the field on ticketmaster. Hardly possible that every single one of them is sold bar what's on ticketmaster.

The middle rows will go to season ticket holders, county board people, players tickets. A lot of the middle rows never go on sale. Also the match is less than 24hrs away why would you be expecting good seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭pajoguy

No decent tickets available at any stage. In the old stand. Closest was 210 if u didnt want to get wet.

Last year i bought all match tickets on day of release. I got very poor tickets and the week of the matches tickets for around the 65 were for sale. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

great battle in cahirdavin tonight lads , i know hurling is the only game in town at the moment but mark fitz is doing a super job with this side and the county board really need to start backing football more in the county , if we can operate on both fronts competitively so can ye

tonight sean odea, conor downes , gorden browne naughton and hugh bourke were excellent for ye , also a little disappointed to see such a small home crowed around they deserve better , best of luck in the Tailteann cup play like ye did tonight and ye willl go far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Why do the middle rows never go on sale?? Do you think that's right? Last year I sat in muck in gg and loads of middle row seats empty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

ex players ,sponsors ect, remember the munster final last year all the season ticket holders were shoved over to the sides of the stands , i believe the same thing if not worse happened ye in the all Ireland final

I never said it was right or wrong just explaining why it happens.

Would be pretty rare now ide say at a championship match that there were loads of empty seats in the middle. I don't think anyone would care either if you moved once the game started if their was.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I know you didn’t but at tipp match last yr I was on 21 yard line low down in open stand and when I saw it on tv there was empty seats in middle I'm not saying 100s together but there was some.

Anyway I don't have that problem today

Up limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭High bike

I wonder has Tom Ryan any more words of wisdom for us after today,hopefully that will dampen all the talk about 5 or 6 in a row down a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭einn32

How anyone could have believed we would just hammer everyone and win the AI is beyond me. A right tough arm wrestle in the end. It's just the game we needed I reckon. Get us battle hardened.

Not many believed that in Limerick outside of clickbait Tom that is.

The fact we came through again despite all the things didn't go our way and a few key poor performances is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jizique

I thought the match once again highlighted out the importance of Declan Hannon to the Limerick team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭billyhead

Limerick will take a lot out of yesterday's game and will only improve as the Championship progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Munster was always going to be this tough... Whoever comes through Leinster won't be as hard to overcome for whichever Munster team meets them

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Few takes from yesterday:

Might be the kick up the a**e we needed.

Missed penalty was what made the game so close, red card came straight after (admittedly, perhaps it should not have been a penalty as Gillane was in the square?). If we had scored that I think we would've won more comfortably.

Needless challenge by Hego for the second yellow, thought he had learned from last year. Also needless from Flanagan.

Crazy Davy tactic in the last quarter to pump the ball into the square; bread and butter for Limerick's backs all day long. Had they worked it through, Waterford could've won.

Waterford backs were holding the Limerick forwards all-day and very rarely blown by the ref.

Clare will be an even bigger challenge next week with Hegarty and probably Flanagan suspended, and after losing to Tipp, they will absolutely have to win.

I agree on the Waterford tactics. Pumping ball into crowded areas negated the extra man and the really didn't need goals at that's stage.

Clare desperate to win next week but I have a feeling they have a bad season ahead of them given all the pressure from last season.

It's Tipp away I'm worried about and we really need to be going down there with 4 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭billyhead

Tony Kelly was kept quiet yesterday but always plays well against us. We need someone to mark him tightly the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Had another look at the Flanagan incident. As he approached waterford player both players shoulders are at the same height and then a second before impact the waterford players drops his upper body down and head to shoulder as opposed to shoulder to shoulder. At full speed its hard to see it but slow motion from the other side shows this clearly

He will get a ban this week to mark Limericks card as the CCCC will want to be seen to stamp out any head collisions.

Good to get over the line. If clare come to limerick saturday night for a shootout it could be a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

If you look at the slow mo or the fast mo, or the medium mo, its clear flanagan wasnt trying to connect with anyones shoulder.

He went for the head, even tried to get his elbow in on the act and connected to the head as he meant to.

Ccccccc should ban him because it was dangerous and intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

You're right, that dirty Stephen Bennett tried to headbutt Flanagan's shoulder with his face and the impact made Flanagan's elbow involuntarily 'spasm' up towards Bennetts face. Bennett should be the one facing a suspension at least but really a custodial sentence shouldn't be ruled out for such violent use of the face. 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭High bike

Well thank fcuk for that imagine the damage that fat head would have done to his elbow,he be out for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭loves_me_county_boy

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Sure Bennet had a helmet on. No fear of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Any news on Hannon.

Lookibg back if Morrissey and Byrnes put over their last minute points then we would have won by 4. Munster really is a game of inches.

No Hannon, Hegarty or Flanagan next weekend? it's going to be another arm wrestle I'd say.

We have never man marked him have we? An on fire Limerick crowd in The Gaelic Grounds will be a big plus for us.

• Advertisement

Hegarty not banned it seems as it was 2 yellows.

Advertisement