Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Seadin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭High bike

Imagine if that was the other way around and a Cork player on the ground off the ball I'd imagine the outcome would have been a lot different

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I think it was just that Corks forwards were class yesterday.

As for the penalty we were getting burned a lot on that side once Finn.went off.

Yep.

Also Waterford beating Clare would be very good for us unless there is a drastic change in scoring difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Cork were celebrating getting the win, nothing to do with it being Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Hopefully they will celebrating next week as well

Don't know about that as you said yourself " it's not a strong Cork side" !

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭FantasyFool

I know it doesnt help your narrative but you forgot to mention Hayes hitting Dalton with a shoulder into the chest before Dalton flicked out. Not condoning Dalton retaliating but thats what he did!

Was at the match with my kid in sec 406 and 3 Limerick friends of mine. I have never witnessed anything like a Limerick supporter in the next section over in 405- middle finger salutes, w@nker signs, etc. Talking about a man in his 40s eyeballing kids and carry on with this craic. His Mrs was trying to restrain him but he couldnt help himself. Supporters on all sides can leave themselves down but this is Munster Championship not Grimsby Town vs Colchester!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

A repeat performance like last night will see Cork winning comfortably.

Scoring like that definitely.

If they didn't give ourselves and Clare cheap goals they would getting talked about as title contenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭PIORUN

some awful carry on by Cork ‘ fans ‘ in Blackrock terrace. Abuse for 60 mins until Limerick took the lead then silence until the black card. A lot of them worse from wear. Not sure the late throws in a a good idea , long day drinking for some. Shame Limerick couldn’t finish it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,423 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Big questions over Byrnes and Hannon. Coughlan must be wondering how bad Byrnes has to play before he gets a start. Byrnes has being showing signs of wear and tear since the start of the club Championship. Even his frees are erratic. For me he's also slowed down and lost condition.

Hannons vision is unrivalled and his skill but he was poor again last night. I dont think there's a viable option to replace him except by moving Hayes over and that's robbing Peter to pay Paul. I'd drop Byrnes but keep Hannon.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Lot of teenagers and some made fools of themselves but there was no malice or danger so loosen up on the pearls.

The flare throwing needs to stop though but that happens at matches no matter what time it throws in.

Here's another pearl for you or does this happen at at matches too,a crowd of drunken or coked yobs burning a Limerick flag

I'm sure many people died in the great flag burning of 24.

Did u actually see the match because last week u were so sure Limerick would win u said u couldn't watch it,and then u come on with a stupid statement like that

Fans shared a terrace, walk home, pubs and trains. All without any real incident considering it was 40,000 people.

Calling for an end to late games like above is just being a drama queen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭LMK

Some game one of the best I've ever been at, Cork support was massive their supporters might have buried them if they lost but in fairness they came out and backed them last night.

Limerick will have to bring in some new blood I think, need to give a few regulars a breather for a few weeks, still Gillane and Hego look especially sharp O'Neill as well. Hopefully Mike Casey and DOD are available for Waterford & what'd be wrong with putting O'Neill to 5 with English in from the start rest Byrnes and Reidy or Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

the gaa go producers picked up a heated discussion between kinerek and kiely midway through the second half , they were in heavy debate , i can only think it was about perhaps taking off both hannon and byrnes , hannon had a bad night and when he was called ashore with 3 minutes to go he didnt seem all that happy

i do feel that is the fastest forwardline in the country that cork possess and its not likely they will be asked the same level of questions next time out but it is definitely something the group will have to talk about behind the scenes maybe start both for 55 minutes and bring in o neill and coughlin for the last 15 , i taught o dalaigh should have came on earlier too because the game seemed to be developing the same pattern as the game in ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭biglad40

I think it was a shoot out that we were on the wrong side of. Hardly finished when you score 34 points. They wanted it more I thought. We had 4 points heading down and I felt we tried hard but were not going to kill ourselves to get the win. No team had pace like that to hurt us. But they always had pace but u feel Kiely and kinnerk got the tactics wrong for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Hannons days are numbered.. he is 32 this year… has been playing for Limerick seniors straight out of minor in 2011.. brilliant player.. the move to centre back was a master stroke by Kiely/Kinnerk.. but his physical powers are diminishing.. if i was to make a change it would be Cathal O'Neill to 6..

Cork were staring into the abyss Saturday night… if they didnt come out and fight like dogs the way they did.. none of the players should ever again get the chance to wear the red jersey… Limerick didnt have the same issues… id strongly fancy Limerick in the Gaelic Grounds to account for Waterford…

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭C4000

Extraordinary that Limerick got themselves into what looked to be a winning position given the complete defensive malfunction in the first half. It could have been worse as Quaid made two vital saves.

Corks wind assisted puckouts caused huge trouble. Their half forwards were attacking the breaking ball whereas Byrnes and Hannon were too passive. Most of the Cork attacks were down the right hand side of Limericks defence. I wouldn't entirely blame Byrnes as there were a number of occassions where Cork funnelled extra players to that side and he was left isolated. However, Byrnes on usual form dominates in the air, he didn't win any high balls in this match and isn't playing with confidence. His free taking difficulties are compounding things.

Barry Nash wasnt comfortable defending man on man. He had serious difficulty with Brian Hayes. He was unlucky with two of the frees awarded against him.

Kyle Hayes dominated everything that came down his side and was immense.

Hegarty completely took over the game for a period in the second half, dominated with his strength and created the two goals. Flanagans finishing was top class.

Lynch only played in flashes and Reidy didn't have an impact. Gillane didn't score from play but created scores with unselfish play.

Cork very lucky that neither the linesman or umpires happened to see the Dalton incident or they would have been down to 14 for the third match running.

The good news for Limerick is that Mike Casey and Darragh O Donovan look like being available for the Waterford match. I think serious consideration should be given to the call suggested above re playing O Neill at 5. He was excellent at wing back in the league.

If either Waterford or Tipp win next weekend we are probably through regardless of the Waterford result, barring a massive scoring difference swing. If Cork win and Clare win or draw it'll be straight knock out.

I really don't think Limerick should be panicking when it comes to the lineup. We lost 1 mentally frantic game away from home against a team fighting for their lives with one of the best atmospheres I've ever seen behind them.

Did you see the Hayes/Dalton incident? Actually see it? Not the aftermath- the actual incident.

I did. Hayes went over for "water" from one of Kinnerks messengers. Dalton stood in between them. Hayes took exception to this and tried to lay Dalton out with a "body" tackle. Dalton stood up to him and gave him a "body" back. There was no flick out or strike- wouldn't rule out that a loose hurley got between them(possibly Hayes' own).

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭rjoe90

Dalton ran over in between Kyle hayes and the water carrier. Both seemed to square up to each other and dalton flicked out. Should have been a straight red end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭rjoe90

I take it you didn’t see any of the abuse aimed at Kyle hayes then or does that just not suit your agenda? Or the chants from the blackrock terrace about Limerick being full of “********’

• Advertisement

This is embarrassing. I am 100% what I saw and you clearly didn't see the incident.

Advertisement