Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,074 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

66 players?

It was only 41 last year, is there no cap on numbers??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

sydthebeat wrote: »
    66 players?

It was only 41 last year, is there no cap on numbers??

No cap this season due to covid.

Leinster not the largest squad submitted.

bayern wrote: »
    No cap this season due to covid.

Leinster not the largest squad submitted.

Suppose that makes sense due to covid.
    Though I doubt some of the Scottish / Welsh / Italian squads would be able to replicate those numbers without dipping into semi professional players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

With the potential to have 10-20 players unavailable at a moments notice this is a prudent move by EPCR to give everyone the best possible chance of having a game go ahead.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Slim pickings at centre!

• Advertisement

Slim pickings at centre!

Is he an academy player? Haven't heard the name yet so must have developed quietly under the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Lowe is injured and requires a scan. So that's pretty sh1te anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,175 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

To be honest this might not be the worst thing.

Bent is probably the most important player in the squad right now and a break would do him no harm (even if he's been great so far)

Harry and Luke have both played a lot recently too as has Rhys

Would have been unlikely to see Jimmy this week but certainly won't be any inkling of playing him.

We were due to have a 2 week break before europe anyway so I'm sure the coaches will turn this into a positive and let some bodies get some rest.

• Advertisement

Ruddock is our standout player this season. Harry Byrne and JOB not far behind.

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1332685681487822850?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

With Europe around the corner and the international lads returning, anyone else think that Healy and Porter will be knackered? They are on the go all month. Will they step right back in?

Dubinusa wrote: »
    With Europe around the corner and the international lads returning, anyone else think that Healy and Porter will be knackered? They are on the go all month. Will they step right back in?

I think they will be enjoying Xmas 2020 on their Sofa's. Can only see them playing the last inter pro game.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

So there's two A game interpros in the next couple of weeks against Connacht and Munster, should be interesting to see what sort of squad can be put together given the number of injuries and the fact they fall on the two champions cup weekends.

Possible Leinster A side?

1. Marcus Hanan(20) - Y1
    2. Dan Sheehan(22)
    3. Tom Clarkson(20) - Y2
    4. Charlie Ryan(21) - Y2
    5. Jack Dunne(22)
    6. Alex Soroka(19) - Y1
    7. Mark Hernan(20)
    8. Sean O'Brien(20) - Y1
    9. Paddy Patterson(22) - Y3
    10. David Hawkshaw(21) - Y3
    11. Andrew Smith(20) - Y1
    12. Conor O'Brien(24)
    13. Liam Turner(21) - Y2
    14. Aaron O'Sullivan(20) - Y3
    15. Michael Silvester(22) - Y3
    16. Lee Barron(19)
    17. Jack Boyle(18)
    18. Bobby Sheehan(20)
    19. Joe McCarthy(19) - Y1
    20. Will Hickey(19)
    21. Cormac Foley(21) - Y2
    22. Tim Corkery(18)
    23. Niall Comerford(20) - Y1

Will Conor o brien be back from injury?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Will Conor o brien be back from injury?

looks like it.. if not then Marcus Kiely might be the best bet at 12.

Is McKee still injured?

Is McKee still injured?

afaik yes.

But surprised that JOB didn't make the shortlist. Might have him in there instead of Penney, but it's a marginal call.

Ruddock wins it for me.

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1334478742245306375?s=09

• Advertisement

JOB ahead of Frawley for me.

Hugo Keenan is turning into a huge addition to Leinster. Mixing it up really well at International level. Back three of Larmour, Lowe and Keenan will do very nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

He's taken to international level very well, possibly one of the very few highlights of Ireland this autumn.

Doris has shown up well too. He's not a brute of a carrier that can make metres from a standing start, but give him any sort of run up and he'll get over the gain line. He's been excellent today.

It's easy to forget that he's just 22 and only starting his career. If he can stay fit he has a huge future.

Sexton off with another injury. No chance he plays next weekend. Ross Byrne hasn't been at Leinster camp in ages either. So first European start for Harry Byrne incoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

TBH, not only is that an exciting prospect, well deserved for him too.

Did Ryan go off injured too? Don't think the commentators acknowledged it, but he was walking alongside the physio and then the camera cut away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Clegg wrote: »
    Did Ryan go off injured too? Don't think the commentators acknowledged it, but he was walking alongside the physio and then the camera cut away.

HIA, Doris had to come back on and Stander into the row.

Mixed test window for Leinsters players. Won't go through all of them. Just the ones who stick out to me. Keenan, Doris and Porter have all enhanced their reputations. Kelleher and JGP mixed the good and the bad whilst Ryan, Sexton and Healy struggled a bit.

Also, I think Porter has now firmly established himself as Leinsters and Ireland's first choice tight head. When Furlong returns he has to work for the spot. I don't like how Farrell has managed Porter through the test windows. Started him in every game and kept him on for the full 80 numerous times.

Team for Montpellier injury permitting.

Healy
    Kelleher
    Porter
    Fardy
    Baird
    Ruddock
    Connors
    Doris

McGrath
    H Byrne
    Frawley
    Henshaw
    Keenan
    Kearney
    JOB

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    Mixed test window for Leinsters players. Won't go through all of them. Just the ones who stick out to me. Keenan, Doris and Porter have all enhanced their reputations. Kelleher and JGP mixed the good and the bad whilst Ryan, Sexton and Healy struggled a bit.

Also, I think Porter has now firmly established himself as Leinsters and Ireland's first choice tight head. When Furlong returns he has to work for the spot. I don't like how Farrell has managed Porter through the test windows. Started him in every game and kept him on for the full 80 numerous times.

Team for Montpellier injury permitting.

Healy
    Kelleher
    Porter
    Fardy
    Baird
    Ruddock
    Connors
    Doris

McGrath
    H Byrne
    Frawley