Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The purge 2

• 04-04-2020 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone want to play a game for a bit of fun.
    It's very simple

The first 25 people to sign up will go in to a poll. (25 is the max number allowed in poll)

Once we have 25 I'll create a poll.

The winner will get a 24 hour AH ban.

The poll will run for 24 hours and results will be hidden till the end.

Please note, if you agree to take part you could end up with a ban.

This is just a bit of fun so no taking digs in the comments.

There is an out. If you are the 'winner' you can buy your way out of the ban by making a €2 donation to a charity of your choice.

Only new people will be considered for this game for the moment.

Purge 2 74 votes

hi
    91% 68 votes
    bye
    8% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Ok I’ll bite 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I'm in! 2

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Gwan so. 3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Macbeth 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

In. 4

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Go on so, for the craic 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Macbeth
    Are you in or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭This is it

The Purge 2: Look who's purging now

*Not in

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ken. wrote: »
    Are you in or not.

I'm only in if you understood the joke. :P

I’d consider an alternative career to comedy if I were you, amigo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

You may explain it a bit better though, what’s the poll about?

Once we get 25 I'll create a poll. The poll will be open for 24 hours. At the end of that 24 hours the one with the most votes gets a 24 hour AH ban.

The only way not to get a ban is to post a screenshot of a €2 minimum donation to a charity of your choice.

You may explain it a bit better though, what’s the poll about?

Vote for who you want banned for a day.

Have a skim through the previous thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058065567

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Once we get 25 I'll create a poll. The poll will be open for 24 hours. At the end of that 24 hours the one with the most votes gets a 24 hour AH ban.

The only way not to get a ban is to post a screenshot of a €2 minimum donation to a charity of your choice.
    I would like to point out that I "won" last week and still graciously accepted my one-day ban, even after making a ten euro donation to a non-profit organisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can i play? i live across the road :) 6

Jesus that takes me back...

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I would like to point out that I "won" last week and still graciously accepted my one-day ban, even after making a ten euro donation to a non-profit organisation.

And I would like to point out that nobody ever saw any proof of any such donation. Several other people made donations even though they didn't win and managed to show proof without revealing their identity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In, we only live once right 7

An AH mod taking part. Is there even a point in making a 25 person poll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The etiquette thread is well represented anyway. :D

And I would like to point out that nobody ever saw any proof of any such donation. Several other people made donations even though they didn't win and managed to show proof without revealing their identity.
    Well I'm clearly a lot more conscientious about maintaining my anonymity than they are. I wasn't gonna risk anything to reveal my identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Count me in. 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Right, I'm in. 14.

Well I'm clearly a lot more conscientious about maintaining my anonymity than they are. I wasn't gonna risk anything to reveal my identity.

There was literally no risk whatsoever. So I call absolute BS on your 'donation'.

Put me down for a purging Ken! 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There was literally no risk whatsoever. So I call absolute BS on your 'donation'.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that, B. You don’t think there’s a “trail” left behind from uploading something to this site?

I do and I’d be of the same mind as Woke Hogan, as much as it “pains” me to say.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Me..pick mee. 10

No idea what this is for

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t be too sure about that, B. You don’t think there’s a “trail” left behind from uploading something to this site?

I do and I’d be of the same mind as Woke Hogan, as much as it “pains” me to say.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No self voting this time we all have at least one person that hates who we are enjoy the fun wonder who will be the shoot out at high noon this week.

You are either incredibly naive or you don't know anything about computers. What would stop anyone from scrubbing the evidence for identifiable information? Or the moderators of this website leaking my personal information if I was to forward the proof to them? Now you're accusing me of lying about making donations to a non-profit organisation. What an awful thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Sign me up. Presumably as a popularity contest the Pintman is very safe. A well loved and exceptionally funny man.12

Sign me up. Presumably as a popularity contest the Pintman is very safe. A well loved and exceptionally funny man.
    Only in cathouses.

Now you're accusing me of lying about making donations to a non-profit organisation.

Yep, in the absence of proof, I absolutely am. :)

Oh and you can cut your information rather than blacking it out and nobody suggested sending your info to the mods.

• Advertisement

Oh and you can cut your information rather than blacking it out and nobody suggested sending your info to the mods.

I think you need to relax and take a chill pill. You seem to be getting your knickers in a twist about this.

And what about meta data? Or did you even think about that. :rolleyes: Lying about making a false donation to a non-profit organisation is an incredibly despicable thing to do and I'm not a criminal. I think it should be taken on good faith that I was honest about my donation. This is an anonymous internet forum and I am a very private man. I have every right to take every measure to maintain my privacy.

Mod- Knock it the **** off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

An AH mod taking part. Is there even a point in making a 25 person poll.

I “think” there “is”, Ken. I’d “imagine” there will “only” be one “winner”, and “it” won’t “be” a “mod”!

I'm holding a spot for that person but they have to post here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I have every right to take every measure to maintain my privacy.

How about your right to maintain some silence?

Count me in. Looks like a real sh*tshow this week.

I'm holding a spot for that person but they have to post here.

They already "have".

This is it wrote: »
    They already "have".

Oh no they haven't. There is one person who wanted to sign up that will probably break the site.

It's funny, the last poll toppers were a mixture of people that others wanted banned because they're a pain in the hole and a few very popular people who were voted for because they're popular and a bit of craic. I wonder if those people know which category they fall into...

Of course there's also the third category where no one knows you or gives a **** about you, that's where I finished :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Oh no they haven't. There is one person who wanted to sign up that will probably break the site.

Any clues?

Edit: there's 2 number 8s.

This is it wrote: »
    Of course there's also the third category where no one knows you or gives a **** about you, that's where I finished :D

thats where i'll be, probably.

Are we allowed electioneer before polls open?

I mightn't break the site, but there'll be a small ripple if I win,

Any clues?
    It would be wrong to name names. I'll call him Mr F.
    thats where i'll be, probably.

Are we allowed electioneer before polls open?
    You can insult within reason to try top the poll or lick arse to try not to. But this is AH so doing one might have the opposite effect.

Mod- Knock it the **** off
    He started it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

You can insult within reason to try top the poll or lick arse to try not to. But this is AH so doing one might have the opposite effect.

It's tricky.

I'm sure you all have lovely arseholes/are horrible arseholes.

He started it.

:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement