Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Hardly what he said. It’s pretty hard to avoid them tbh.

It’s very easy avoid them. I’d only heard of one of them, and know nothing about her.

I just don’t think it’s fair that some girl who has the temerity to work in PR is suddenly fair game around here. That’s nasty stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Hardly what he said. It’s pretty hard to avoid them tbh.

Are you joking? I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen, or heard, any of them.

Maybe if you’re the “type” who sits beside the radio, with a notebook, obsessively listening out for things you don’t like and then re-listening to the playback function online or someone who spends a lot of time trawling through the RTÉ Player, with a sheet of sandpaper for a particularly angry ****, you can easily avoid these women.

Or is it through Irish “entertainment” magazines that you’re perpetually coming across them?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Are you joking? I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen, or heard, any of them.

Maybe if you’re the “type” who sits beside the radio, with a notebook, obsessively listening out for things you don’t like and then re-listening to the playback function online or someone who spends a lot of time trawling through the RTÉ Player, with a sheet of sandpaper for a particularly angry ****, you can easily avoid these women.

Or is it through Irish “entertainment” magazines that you’re perpetually coming across them?

Coarse sandpaper, I presume?

Clear the bell cheddar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The three of them were in the Indo this week. I’ll read anything when having a coffee etc., they were in it. Doireann is on the cover of one of the women’s magazines that was at the counter when I was doing my groceries this morning.this in particular seems to be an area of the market they’ve cornered (women’s magazines).

Maybe I’m just more observant than others.

I most certainly do not fo looking for them. Never look at the RTE player btw, it never works so I avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It’s very easy avoid them. I’d only heard of one of them, and know nothing about her.

I just don’t think it’s fair that some girl who has the temerity to work in PR is suddenly fair game around here. That’s nasty stuff.

Did I say anything about the girl who works in PR? No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Milena Fluffy Stretcher

good for you, you dont know her, others do as she's also an "influencer", and pops up regularly in papers with tedious and vapid articles/stories about her, her attire, her pet , getting married....im sure you and your alt/gimmick accounts would be running in here saving them if they were Garithy brothers ;)

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I don't know much about that family but it always makes me laugh how Ian Dempsey is somehow painted as this Svengali figure, pulling all these strings and making sure these women get cushy jobs in RTE. Ian Dempsey who hasn't worked in RTE for a quarter of a century. Breakfast radio and alien puppets Ian Dempsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Fergal Darcy-Today FM. Absolutely cannot stand him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Fr Brian Darcey . I switch off if I spot him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Dickie10 wrote: »
    the met eirrean woman, joanna donnelly , i dont know why but cant stand her doing the weather, she seems really unsure of herself or something kind of stumbles over her words alot, seems very nervous and always seems to go to in depth in explaining the weather, like the whys of the weather not just what it will be. seems she fancies herself as a teacher or something

She used to annoy me too until I learned of her chronic insomnia, might explain why she appears a bit "not with it" in some of her broadcasts.

RikkFlair wrote: »
    She used to annoy me too until I learned of her chronic insomnia, might explain why she appears a bit "not with it" in some of her broadcasts.

Aah heeeyur..... nothing wrong with Joanna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Fr Brian Darcey . I switch off if I spot him .

Nasty man, running around after z list celebrities,

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Nasty man, running around after z list celebrities,

Nasty man .? Hey bud that a bit harsh....you may not like him...but to call him a nasty man is out of order....unless you can back it up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Nasty man .? Hey bud that a bit harsh....you may not like him...but to call him a nasty man is out of order....unless you can back it up ?

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/fr-brian-darcys-claims-nonsense-say-sligo-gardai-27592671.html
    https://www.broadsheet.ie/tag/child-murders/

Anything else ?

• Advertisement

Nothin really proven in those peices Randy....but have to say I was unaware of this stuff.

Gives a bit of background context to your post.. I will agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

Brian O Donovan off RTÉ News - the US correspondent. I’m sure he’s a good guy and what he says is perfectly fine but his delivery infuriates me - over dramatic, over emphasising, over excited. Annoying tone of voice too and he does this irritating little hop towards the camera with his upper body every now and then when he really wants to hammer home a point. Blergh.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Thesiger

Lenny Kravitz and the lead singer from 90s britpop outfit Suede. Hate those guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Goose76 wrote: »
    Brian O Donovan off RTÉ News - the US correspondent. I’m sure he’s a good guy and what he says is perfectly fine but his delivery infuriates me - over dramatic, over emphasising, over excited. Annoying tone of voice too and he does this irritating little hop towards the camera with his upper body every now and then when he really wants to hammer home a point. Blergh.

I’ll chop his hands off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Goose76 wrote: »

There's something almost 'alien' about him.

• Advertisement

There's something almost 'alien' about him.

That’s Donnelly the new Health minister.

If he was chocolate he’d eat himself, Brendan.

If he was chocolate he’d eat himself, Brendan.

Have to agree there John, despite a serious insult on another thread .

There’s ageist laws in this country now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Vernon Kaye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Bette Midler.

She sings a duet with Tom Waits on his album Foreign Affairs, and even though I don’t listen to it, the fact that I know it even exists on the CD makes me want to remove it from my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Vernon Kaye

Major creep.

Was watching an interview with Rhian Sugden (that girl he was texting with). She suffered enormously for that whole 'affair'.
    Literally couldn't get work for close to two years.

He creeped his way back into the spotlight.

I'd say he absolutely loves himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Coneheads 3 looks further away than ever since his appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The original “Conehead”

Maybe you could judge people by what they actually achieve ...rather than their appearance Dude ?

Might make the rest of us take you a bit more seriously ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i dont know what iwas at around ages 17-24 but i must have watched a huge amount of tv and shows with north of england accents in them . i find the north of england accent very natural to me to speak in. id say if i spent a month on manchester or bradford i would come back fluent, mad how accents get in so easy you depending on them. in late 90s/early 00s that accent was everywhere. like if i hit myself with a hammer on finger or get some shock it comes out inexplicably. like "fooking ell" or phrases like "eh up" i try to stop myself as it come sometimes i just cant. "oh ya dirty baastttad" that was another one if i get hit. anyway vernon kay, peter kay , and paddy mcguinness i blame as well as corrie and emmerdale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Maybe you could judge people by what they actually achieve ...rather than their appearance Dude ?

Might make the rest of us take you a bit more seriously ?

We will Nev, don't you worry about that.

Unfortunately apart from blowing hot air and changing sides, he hasn't really achieved anything yet to the best of my knowledge.

Fire up what you consider his achievements there and I'll give them the once over.

Can't say fairer than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

padd b1975 wrote: »
    We will Nev, don't you worry about that.

Unfortunately apart from blowing hot air and changing sides, he hasn't really achieved anything yet to the best of my knowledge.

Fire up what you consider his achievements there and I'll give them the once over.

Can't say fairer than that.

And he’s still a Conehead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The journalist Mary Kenny.

OMG what a bore. She has been writing since i was a kid and has gotten worse as she went on.

She is pretentious and snobby. She writes for catholic newspapers goes on about going to mass. Yes the phrase Ugandan discussions came from the time she was caught having sex with the then president of Uganda (i am sure he was a lovely honest man). It was president Obote ..and he became a dictator. It was coined by Private Eye in the UK as that was where the incident happened. Now she rights for the Catholic Herald.

She is a pretentious old bag who got more and more right wing as she has gotten older. She was boring even when she was young and slightly wild...and she is even more boring now. She has no talent. Her work reads like woman's own except malicious.

She is a pretentious boring malicious uppity mess. I can't understand how she still is paid to write. All I can think is she slept around when she was young. ( and she did).

I couldn't stand her when i was a kid. (yes i read newspapers as a kid) And i can't stand her now.
    She would do anything for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The journalist Mary Kenny.

OMG what a bore. She has been writing since i was a kid and has gotten worse as she went on.

She is pretentious and snobby. She writes for catholic newspapers goes on about going to mass. Yes the phrase Ugandan discussions came from the time she was caught having sex with the then president of Uganda (i am sure he was a lovely honest man). It was coined by Private Eye in the UK as that was where the incident happened. Now she rights for the Catholic Herald.

She is a pretentious old bag who got more and more right wing as she has gotten older. She was boring even when she was young and slightly wild...and she is even more boring now. She has no talent. Her work reads like woman's own except malicious.

She is a pretentious boring malicious uppity mess. I can't understand how she still is paid to write. All I can think is she slept around when she was young. ( and she did).

I couldn't stand her when i was a kid. (yes i read newspapers as a kid) And i can't stand her now.
    She would do anything for money.

I never knew she was the origin of the phrase Ugandan discussions.

I never knew she was the origin of the phrase Ugandan discussions.
    Lol ....it came from Private eye. My Dad worked in RTE for years ..it was a running joke. She is not a nice person.

And a still a bit wild and shady by all accounts!

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/if-only-private-eye-had-tackled-our-banking-scandal-26777628.html

I can't understand how she still is paid to write. All I can think is she slept around when she was young. ( and she did).

Lots of people successfully make and do things I can't stand or don't like, and it would never occur to me to speculate if they owe their continued success to sleeping around.

Most of the time it's aimed at women, usually by other women which is the saddest about it.

Candie wrote: »
    Lots of people successfully make and do things I can't stand or don't like, and it would never occur to me to speculate if they owe their continued success to sleeping around.

Most of the time it's aimed at women, usually by other women which is the saddest about it.

I am woman too ..but i call it as i see it.

Hers is though. ;)

And she is one of the nastiest people in Irish media with zero morals. And the president of Uganda was worse than trump at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Yes the phrase Ugandan discussions came from the time she was caught having sex with the then president of Uganda (i am sure he was a lovely honest man). It was president Obote ..and he became a dictator. It was coined by Private Eye in the UK as that was where the incident happened.

She wasn't caught having sex with the Ugandan president. She attended a dinner party and disappeared upstairs with a senior Ugandan minister and later claimed that they were 'discussing Uganda'. I should know, I was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lol ....it came from Private eye. My Dad worked in RTE for years ..it was a running joke. She is not a nice person.

And a still a bit wild and shady by all accounts!

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/if-only-private-eye-had-tackled-our-banking-scandal-26777628.html

I knew the private eye angle but mary never seemed the type for that sort of thing.

• Advertisement

.anon. wrote: »
    She wasn't caught having sex with the Ugandan president. She attended a dinner party and disappeared upstairs with a senior Ugandan minister and later claimed that they were 'discussing Uganda'. I should know, I was there.
    You were there ....it was in the UK in the 70's are you a dipolmat?;)

If you were there you know her and know she is AWFUL.

I knew the private eye angle but mary never seemed the type for that sort of thing.

She is not what she seems.

Anyway. I CANT ****ING STAND HER.

She is so sanctimonious and hypocritical. She has gone quite right wing of late. (only because she is paid to write for a catholic paper imo)

She is basically a more snobby version of john waters.

Great post number 13.....can't wait for number 14 and subsequent......are you interested in selling the serial rights ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

myself

You were the Ugandan minister?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,794 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Why is RTÉ employing or contracting some 76 year old pensioner... quite opinionated, going by her twitter looks like the type that might have an opinion on the way her next door neighbor hangs up their washing... Jesus. Annoying auld ....

• Advertisement

Filthy kernt- were you perving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I did a search for Gemma O'Doherty and for a split second was amazed at how few results came back.

Then i looked at the thread title.

What a c*nt,

Degag wrote: »
    I did a search for Gemma O'Doherty and for a split second was amazed at how few results came back.

Then i looked at the thread title.

What a c*nt,

Yes, a bit off topic but it’s very odd how little info is accessible on some of these folk and even some political parties!

Yes, a bit off topic but it’s very odd how little info is accessible on some of these folk and even some political parties!

Heard you're a fan of Fr. Willie Bulger.

Heard you're a fan of Fr. Willie Bulger.

No John, are you not mixing him up with Fr Phonsie Devine with the scoutmasters shorts?

• Advertisement
Advertisement