Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls and nails.. What in the name of sweet holy fuk.

Options
  • 17-01-2016 6:30pm

Girlfriend comes home with bright white shiny nails.. She didn't want them like that because they were supposed to have some pattern or some crap but my god, she looks like some crap you'd pick up in Pattaya. (In Asia so it's appropriate).

For the next three weeks, she's gonna look like a prostitute on my arm so I'm just gonna not go out in public with her. Absolutely no chance I'll be seen in public with her.

I don't care if it was unintended.. She went from lovely to ladyboy in a few hours. Arsebiscuits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Break up with her OP, she would be so much better off without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Or buy her some pliers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Umm, maybe try not making your girlfriend feel like shít because she got her nails done? They're her nails not yours and why do you care so much what other people think anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

^^ so you're worried that people will judge you because of her nails??

Honestly that's just nonsense... and self centered.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Umm, maybe try not making your girlfriend feel like shít because she got her nails done? They're her nails not yours and why do you care so much what other people think anyway?

Because she has to be perfect if she is to be seen with him, I mean come on, he has standards, it's not easy being God's Gift to Women.

• Advertisement

It's not white skin and white.. It's dark skin and white. If you saw it, you'd understand. I sound like an arsehole but trust me, it looks terrible.

Edit: We've been together over four years and she hates it as well.. She knows how bad it looks. I just don't understand the nails thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I sound like an arsehole

We were too polite to mention it...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

It's not white skin and white.. It's dark skin and white. If you saw it, you'd understand. I sound like an arsehole but trust me, it looks terrible.

Well maybe but tastes differ, maybe she likes them.

I think she deserves better than this from a partner. I think everyone does.

Not everyone looks their best all the time, if she's worth being with when her nails are normal, then she's worth being with when she's had a bad manicure.

They're nails, that's all they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Agreed with the former, not sure about the latter :P
    Pic?

• Advertisement

I doubt the OP is making his GF feel like shyte in fairness.

Tell her she can paint normal paint over them if she doesn't like them - it actually goes on really well over shellac :)

I got one of those yokes with the lamp and all a couple of years ago for Christmas. Grand aul thing to have and do yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

You definitely need to break up with her and start the long search for someone who has similar taste to you in ladies fingernails.

Perhaps it can be your opening question on a first date?

Well maybe but tastes differ, maybe she likes them.
    Candie wrote: »
    I think she deserves better than this from a partner. I think everyone does.

Not everyone looks their best all the time, if she's worth being with when her nails are normal, then she's worth being with when she's had a bad manicure.

They're nails, that's all they are.

She was crying because of it.. Before I said anything. I was actually positive for a while. She thought they'd be completely different. I just don't understand the need for it at all.. In four years together, this is only the second time she's done her nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

When I see girls with those massive extendo nails I assume their arse is ruined

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

telling OP his gf needs a new partner because he thinks her nails look awful

you people are incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 121 Gigawatts!?

When I see girls with those massive extendo nails I assume their arse is ruined

Yeah those long talons thay are all the rage now are ridiculous looking. How can you do anything with them! The only thing they look good for is picking your nose....or ar$e...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭PC Lackey

She was crying because of it.. Before I said anything. I was actually positive for a while. She thought they'd be completely different. I just don't understand the need for it at all.. In four years together, this is only the second time she's done her nails.

crying because of the color of her fingernails.

ffs.

strelok wrote: »

Yep. Even if the girl in question is distraught over them, I'm the arsehole for having an opinion.

Like I said, she can paint normal nail varnish over them. I did it at Christmas when I thought the colour I was putting on was red and it ended up pink.

She can also remove them, by soaking cotton wool in nail varnish remover (must contain acetone) and placing it on the nail and then wrapping tightly in tin foil - she'll probably need your help. She'll need to sit for about half an hour like that and then will have to kind of scrape the remnants off.

Or, she can go to another salon and pay to have them removed.

She doesn't need to have them like that for three weeks :)

Like I said, she can paint normal nail varnish over them. I did it at Christmas when I thought the colour I was putting on was red and it ended up pink.

She can also remove them, by soaking cotton wool in nail varnish remover (must contain acetone) and placing it on the nail and then wrapping in tin foil - she'll probably need your help. She'll need to sit for about half an hour like that and then will have to kind of scrape the remnants off.

She said it was a gel? Does that make it different?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Yep. Even if the girl in question is distraught over them, I'm the arsehole for having an opinion.

You said it would be like being with a prostitute and likened her to a ladyboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

Tbh, OP you came across as a self-centred wanker in your post. Saying that you wouldn't be seen in public with your girlfriend because you think her false nails make her look like a ladyboy. That doesn't endear you to anyone.

She said it was a gel? Does that make it different?

Did she get tips put onto them? Or is it just three week gel polish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

What? The issue isn't his opinion that her nails look awful, it's his plan not to be seen with her in public because he thinks her nails look awful. Talk about nonsense!

What? The issue isn't his opinion that her nails look awful, it's his plan not to be seen with her in public because he thinks her nails look awful. Talk about nonsense!

He was hardly serious ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

She can also remove them, by soaking cotton wool in nail varnish remover (must contain acetone) and placing it on the nail and then wrapping tightly in tin foil - she'll probably need your help. She'll need to sit for about half an hour like that and then will have to kind of scrape the remnants off.

Or she can go back to the salon who did them and ask for it to be removed as its not what she wanted to begin with.

He doesn't want to be seen with her because he doesn't like her nails. That's a bit more than him just not liking them.

Imagine your partner refusing to go out in public with you because she didn't like your hair or shoes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Maybe theyll grow on you OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

He was hardly serious ffs.

The remark was disgusting IMHO

• Advertisement

Tasden wrote: »
    Or she can go back to the salon who did them and ask for it to be removed as its not what she wanted to begin with.

Definitely an option if they didn't do what she asked, but if it's just that they didn't turn out how she pictured them then it's a bit different.

Advertisement