Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls and nails.. What in the name of sweet holy fuk.

Options

Comments

PC Lackey wrote: »
    crying because of the color of her fingernails.

ffs.

Google "white hair".. Then imagine going to work tomorrow with brilliant white hair out of absolutely nowhere.

I'm not actually bitching about her.. She hates it, I hate it. She got suckered into doing it in a friend's new salon and now, with her dark skin, it looks proper horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭GardeningGirl

Edit: We've been together over four years and she hates it as well.. She knows how bad it looks. I just don't understand the nails thing.

I agree. The fake nails are horrible. Not just that but they are totally impractical too.
    Luckily it's not permanent so look on the bright side :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭PC Lackey

You in Asia OP ?

Just get a replacement model.

Cant be going out with youngwans who cry about fingernail color.

too much hassle.

He was hardly serious ffs.

I dunno...
    For the next three weeks, she's gonna look like a prostitute on my arm so I'm just gonna not go out in public with her. Absolutely no chance I'll be seen in public with her.

I don't care if it was unintended.. She went from lovely to ladyboy in a few hours. Arsebiscuits

Sounds pretty bad!

mansize wrote: »
    The remark was disgusting IMHO

Jesus some of the things I come out with would have people pissing themselves so!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

People finding offence shocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You do know they can be changed right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

Google "white hair".. Then imagine going to work tomorrow with brilliant white hair out of absolutely nowhere.

I'm not actually bitching about her.. She hates it, I hate it. She got suckered into doing it in a friend's new salon and now, with her dark skin, it looks proper horrible.

Maybe next time just post about how your lovely girlfriend is really upset having had a really bad hand job. I can't find a smiley face to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've been waiting for my whole life for this thread and now I don't know what to even say...

22catch wrote: »
    Tbh, OP you came across as a self-centred wanker in your post. Saying that you wouldn't be seen in public with your girlfriend because you think her false nails make her look like a ladyboy. That doesn't endear you to anyone.
    PC Lackey wrote: »
    You in Asia OP ?

Just get a replacement model.

Cant be going out with youngwans who cry about fingernail color.

too much hassle.

Those two posts match each other absolutely perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Jesus some of the things I come out with would have people pissing themselves so!!!

Gwan! Give us a "for instance" time to let your mod hat slip and come over to the dark side for your early retirement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Do you mean like this OP?

http://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/2012/05/22/3/192/1922153/White-Nails.xxxlarge/i/White-Nail-Polish-Trend-Summer-2012.jpg

or this- http://dy6g3i6a1660s.cloudfront.net/yF9BW8OR6VMpQUo0A4Q_wgJkAmQ/tlw-81/MAKEUPBYNURYG/sinful-stilleto-white-nail-polish.jpg

TBH it just looks like Tipp-ex to me, I never paint my nails as it never stays on. Have naturally strong nails so just keep them quite long and (relatively!) clean. Can she not just paint over them or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

She said it was a gel? Does that make it different?

Yes. A hard gel needs to be filed off. A softer gel can be buffed lightly and soaked in acetone. If they're gel they can be painted, or removed. No big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

You do know they can be changed right?

Girlfriends? Yeah....but its soooo much trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Definitely an option if they didn't do what she asked, but if it's just that they didn't turn out how she pictured them then it's a bit different.

Even if they did just turn out different to how she imagined she can still ask them to remove them. Its not like shes requesting a refund or anything, she just wants them off because she's not happy with them. She may still have to pay for the removal though. I was more just highlighting that she doesn't have to go to another salon for the removal, although if it's a friend then she may not want to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Support your woman with only positive reinforcing comments , even if that means becoming a liar you must positively reinforce at all times regardless of your own opinions or beliefs. Otherwise you're an a**hole who deserves to die alone.

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Gwan! Give us a "for instance" time to let your mod hat slip and come over to the dark side for your early retirement

Well I can certainly say that on more than one occasion I would have said to friends or partners something along the lines of "I'm not going out with you if you're wearing that - the bleedin hack of ya".

Of course I didn't mean it and wasn't being serious and no one ever thought that I was, either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭PC Lackey

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Girlfriends? Yeah....but its soooo much trouble!

Not in Asia. When you're a glorious white man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

For the next three weeks, she's gonna look like a prostitute on my arm so I'm just gonna not go out in public with her. Absolutely no chance I'll be seen in public with her.
    Are you joking or not here? You haven't clarified. That's what people think looks bad, not anything else that I can see. Unless you're joking though, of course.

Here's a test to see if anyone reads the thread before posting..

She'd massively upset.
    I can't even comprehend how girls would ever do that.
    I'm not angry at her.
    But at the same time, I live in South East Asia and she actually looks like a prostitute when she normally looks lovely.
    We've been together four years.
    We're very honest with each other. Normally she's the one telling me i look like crap.
    She has dark skin. White nails on dark skin look horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I have a funny story about toenails and a packet of Bacon Fries but I'm not sure if this is the thread to post it in or not . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

She'd massively upset.
    I'm not angry at her.
    But at the same time, I live in South East Asia and she actually looks like a prostitute when she normally looks lovely.
    We're very honest with each other. Normally she's the one telling me i look like crap.

Well the certain people who make a point of being outraged about anything and everything won't...

She'd massively upset.
    I'm not angry at her.

But you aren't going to not be seen with her for three weeks, tell me that you weren't serious after all my sticking up for you! Pleeeeease.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

Why can't she just remove it?

The funniest part is she probably spent >€20 to get them done

Edit: ah, saw where OP lives, make that >€0.20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Car99 wrote: »
    Support your woman with only positive reinforcing comments , even if that means becoming a liar you must positively reinforce at all times regardless of your own opinions or beliefs. Otherwise you're an a**hole who deserves to die alone.

The op came on to have a moan, he said he had to placate her, he's not telling her this!

It seems he's just out of his mind wondering why some women do it, end of...

Some of the posters here need to take all posts with a pinch of cop on!

As for positive reforming comments,

Do you live in lollipop lane..... Seriously, if himself took it upon himself to lie to me.. I would never trust hs opinion!

When we have disasters, we need a shoulder to cry on, but come on, lie? Definitely a game changer in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭iuil1999

Why didn't she tell the nail technician that she didn't like them? They'd surely have changed them for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

White nails on dark skin look horrific.
    Eh... bitttttt OTT. "Horrific"? That is some weird definition of horrific. http://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Lupita-Nyongo-Oscars-Beauty-Look-Bellanaija-February2015008-7-600x816.jpg

If she is so upset about her nails that she's crying (lol) would it really be a good idea to refuse to go outside with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

I do not understand any of this nails are nails I have 20 of them and misses OAP has another 20 .
    I keep mine clean and trimmed no bother I look after my teeth too.
    We had a wedding over Christmas and she spent 85 euro getting her nails done .
    Why what was wrong them it makes no fcuking sense at all.

But you aren't going to not be seen with her for three weeks, tell me that you weren't serious after all my sticking up for you! Pleeeeease.

Yea that part was exaggerated.. It was just upsetting when she came home and got sad about it and then went to bed. I got left sitting on the couch annoyed. It's past 1am here.

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    Well the certain people who make a point of being outraged about anything and everything won't...

I think you need to look up the definition of outraged.

People here are, at most, a bit incredulous.

Advertisement