Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls and nails.. What in the name of sweet holy fuk.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

O.A.P wrote: »
    I do not understand any of this nails are nails I have 20 of them and misses OAP has another 20 .
    I keep mine clean and trimmed no bother I look after my teeth too.
    We had a wedding over Christmas and she spent 85 euro getting her nails done .
    Why what was wrong them it makes no fcuking sense at all.

Is this real fuking life

Yea that part was exaggerated.. It was just upsetting when she came home and got sad about it and then went to bed. I got left sitting on the couch annoyed. It's past 1am here.

See. Seeeee.

Not an evil bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Candie wrote: »
    I think you need to look up the definition of outraged.

People here are, at most, a bit incredulous.

Yawn. Is that a default setting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Yea that part was exaggerated.. It was just upsetting when she came home and got sad about it and then went to bed. I got left sitting on the couch annoyed. It's past 1am here.

If she looks like a prostitute, why not incorporate that into your bedroom adventures.... I'm sure the cries of "me love you long time, five dollar!" will spice things up things while she's housebound for the next wee while

Phew. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

She can remove the gel herself if you have any acetone lying around. Or she could just go back to the salon and ask for them to be redone? No need for all the dramatics, it's nails!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

warpdrive wrote: »
    Is this real fuking life
    Yeah no **** it happened 3 weeks ago ,

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    If she looks like a prostitute, why not incorporate that into your bedroom adventures.... I'm sure the cries of "me love you long time, five dollar!" will spice things up things while she's housebound for the next wee while

And that's why I haven't been home in five and a half years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    The op came on to have a moan, he said he had to placate her, he's not telling her this!

It seems he's just out of his mind wondering why some women do it, end of...

Some of the posters here need to take all posts with a pinch of cop on!

As for positive reforming comments,

Do you live in lollipop lane..... Seriously, if himself took it upon himself to lie to me.. I would never trust hs opinion!

When we have disasters, we need a shoulder to cry on, but come on, lie? Definitely a game changer in my opinion!
    Car99 was being ironic.

But amid all these "Some people take offence too easily" bla bla yet again cat-calls, it is still to be considered that the OP said he would not be seen out with her, which is a reasonable thing to find unreasonable (before he clarified) but I guess some folks are so addicted to looking for people being offended and saying "People get offended over anything these days" that they're not going to acknowledge this.

Anyway, she'll get over it. I can't understand that nail malarkey either. Standard file and polish makes more sense for me - a lot easier and a lot less expensive. But others are into the more involved nail stuff, and fair enough - not sure it makes sense to cry over though.

fullstop wrote: »
    Yawn. Is that a default setting?
    "People are offended and outraged by anything these days" is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dude, wtf? Nobody died.
    She had a nail disaster. We've all be there. I once had bright green gels for 3 weeks one st Patrick's day. It happens. It's not a disaster. She can use her own nail varnish to paint over them. She can go back tomorrow and ask them to fix the colour. They won't even have to take the entire nail off, they can buff the colour off and just apply and set another colour. It's no big deal. Certainly not worth two of ye being upset. My hair got turned green in September and i had to walk around like an illuminous zebra, these things happen. Chill. Breathe. Nothing is forever

Azalea wrote: »
    "People are offended and outraged by anything these days" is.

Looking for opportunities to use the word 'outraged' is the new black.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Looking for opportunities to use the word 'outraged' is the new black.

As is looking to be "incredulous" about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

I think you need to look up the definition of outraged.

People here are, at most, a bit incredulous.
    Nail on the head.

warpdrive wrote: »
    Is this real fuking life

I think she should get a pass for it being her wedding day.

Every week and it'd be a problem. Though people spend that and more on a night out drinking and don't give it a second thought either.

fullstop wrote: »
    As is looking to be "incredulous" about everything.
    No it's not a new thing at all.

It was her sister in laws wedding day and cost us a small fortune just to be there .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

When men get nails in the hardware store..

It was her sister in laws wedding day and cost us a small fortune just to be there .

Then you should shoot her for sure. :)

What can you actually get done to nails for €85?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I would expect some finger sucking.

It would want to be gold leaf or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Luxury spa manicure with shellac or gelish
    Manicure with gels
    Manicure and pedicure
    Mini mani with shellac and mini pedi
    Mini mani with shellac and shellac on toes
    If she had a soft polish to be removed before having her nails done

The possibilities are endless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

strelok wrote: »
    telling OP his gf needs a new partner because he thinks her nails look awful

you people are incredible.

You obviously see nothing wrong with him saying he doesn't want to be seen in public with her.

You think some posters who understand the contempt in his post are incredible for urging her to break up with such a man? I find your attitude extraordinary.

And on a day where AH has been busy condemning attacks on transgender people the OP posts more abusive crap.

And your contribution is "incredible".

I don't even know for sure .
    They were a bit longer I suppose and had some kind of fancy paint thing going on , what a waste of money

Fleawuss wrote: »
    You obviously see nothing wrong with him saying he doesn't want to be seen in public with her.

You think some posters who understand the contempt in his post are incredible for urging her to break up with such a man? I find your attitude extraordinary.

And on a day where AH has been busy condemning attacks on transgender people the OP posts more abusive crap.

And your contribution is "incredible".

In fairness, he's said he wasn't serious about not being seen with her.

In fairness, he's said he wasn't serious about not being seen with her.

And that he was upset for her.

strelok wrote: »
    telling OP his gf needs a new partner because he thinks her nails look awful
    Well he did actually say a good bit more than that (and the above wasn't what people took issue with) - crikey, people can be very dishonest here with what they post and what they thank. :)

But anyway, it's been clarified.

I don't even know for sure .
    They were a bit longer I suppose and had some kind of fancy paint thing going on , what a waste of money

From Lexies post I can see how something special would cost that much, and it was a special occasion. I'm sure she doesn't spend that much every week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Girlfriend comes home with bright white shiny nails.. She didn't want them like that because they were supposed to have some pattern or some crap but my god, she looks like some crap you'd pick up in Pattaya. (In Asia so it's appropriate).

For the next three weeks, she's gonna look like a prostitute on my arm so I'm just gonna not go out in public with her. Absolutely no chance I'll be seen in public with her.

I don't care if it was unintended.. She went from lovely to ladyboy in a few hours. Arsebiscuits.

Read it and weep.
    Of course the back peddling comes later.

Advertisement