Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls and nails.. What in the name of sweet holy fuk.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Menas wrote: »
    I would expect some finger sucking.

For €85 I'd expect a lot more than my fingers to be sucked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    For €85 I'd expect a lot more than my fingers to be sucked!

Your toes too? :eek:

Fleawuss wrote: »
    And on a day where AH has been busy condemning attacks on transgender people the OP posts more abusive crap.

And your contribution is "incredible".

This thread has run it's course since I've calmed down.. (still don't understand the nails thing but whatever.)

To be fair to myself though, I've had one good friend who was a lady boy, in her own words, and we still keep on touch. She worked in an office I had dealings with and lived a very normal life. And I've been friendly with many others.
    I'd rather not have my huff and puff get turned into something that it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Read it and weep.
    Of course the back peddling comes later.
    I read it and laughed,I took it to be tongue in cheek.I often said Id kill my OH over stupid things hes done but I didnt actually mean Id kill him (usually) so I didnt for a minute think that the OP wouldnt be seen out with his girlfriend because of her nails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

This thread has run it's course since I've calmed down.. (still don't understand the nails thing but whatever.)

To be fair to myself though, I've had one good friend who was a lady boy, in her own words, and we still keep on touch. She worked in an office I had dealings with and lived a very normal life. And I've been friendly with many others.
    I'd rather not have my huff and puff get turned into something that it's not.

Some of my best friends etc etc.
    Back peddle into the distance.
    No one is turning anything into anything: your OP is perfectly clear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

"What in the same of sweet holy fuk" is right?

I'm female and still completely lost here.

Surely I can't be the only one who doesn't know what prostitute nails look like?

Or why anyone would cry over their nails?

Or why any man give a toss about what his girlfriend's nails look like?

Can someone help me understand? ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What did he say that was even that bad? At very worst he was being a drama queen and so what?
    My favourite lipstick is red and my oh tells me not to wear it because it makes me look like a whore. Should he be burned at the stake too?? Good lord. You're lynching the op for nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

It's not white skin and white.. It's dark skin and white. If you saw it, you'd understand. I sound like an arsehole but trust me, it looks terrible.

Edit: We've been together over four years and she hates it as well.. She knows how bad it looks. I just don't understand the nails thing.

Imagine 4 years of this claptrap
    She's probably as bad as you so you deserve each other
    Try not to have any kids, it just wouldn't be fair.

Mod: Banned.

Imagine 4 years of this claptrap
    She's probably as bad as you so you deserve each other
    Try not to have any kids, it just wouldn't be fair.

If they do, you're godmother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Sound Bite wrote: »

Surely I can't be the only one who doesn't know what prostitute nails look like?

You can't understand because it's beyond all understanding
    People actually live like this in 2016
    And for this we burnt our bras

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I don't care if it was unintended..

Accidentally?
    She went from lovely to ladyboy in a few hours.
    She came back with a willy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

White nails on dark skin sounds kinda nice I reckon. Contrasting and stand-out-ish. Anyhoo
    warpdrive wrote: »
    Is this real fuking life

Haha. It's fecking hard to be a woman man. Eyebrows, nails, hair, makeup, regular waxes, when you add it all up it makes you want to grow a unibrow and join the Amish community.

I spent E300 on a haircut once. I came home and my OH told me I looked like his great aunt Ruth. It's bloody hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

What did he say that was even that bad? At very worst he was being a drama queen and so what?
    My favourite lipstick is red and my oh tells me not to wear it because it makes me look like a whore. Should he be burned at the stake too?? Good lord. You're lynching the op for nothing
    For saying he would now not step outside with her for weeks because of her nails. Wondering why people are overlooking this. Took a good while for him to clarify this was exaggeration, but before that it seemed serious. Bit of a sh-tty outlook in fairness. A girl saying she would not be seen outside with her boyfriend (and some girls do say crap like that) for weeks because of some tiny physical trait would be just as sh-tty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Sound Bite wrote: »

I'd say most men would give a toss if his girlfriend was crying about them and went to bed in a huff?

Maybe she cried because she has PMT, maybe she's an emotional girl, maybe she thought she looked like a hooker or maybe she was having a ****ty week and the nails were supposed to be a treat and turned out crap? Some people cry even when they don't know why they are crying.

Prostitute nails look cheap and tacky. The nail equivalent of stripper heels.

Azalea wrote: »
    For saying he would now not step outside with her for weeks because of her nails. Wondering why people are overlooking this. Took a good while for him to clarify this was exaggeration, but before that it seemed serious. Bit of a sh-tty outlook in fairness. A girl saying she would not be seen outside with her boyfriend (and some girls do say crap like that) for weeks because of some tiny physical trait would be just as sh-tty.
    What? Maybe I'm just in an abusive relationship because when my hair got dyed green, I was told to get it fixed because "I wouldn't been seen dead near you".
    And when we were going on holiday he cheaped out on a hair cut, and ended up looking like he was selling carpets and copied CDs from the back of his hiace, and I had to tell him to buy a hat because I was the one out in public with him.
    Sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind. You can't be expected to walk around with a hot mess either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

This escalated badly. It's basically your standard nerd on Internet saying "women,huh. By the way I have a girlfriend. Did you know?"

But now it's transphobia watch.

Anyway. None of your business what she does with her nails on her dime,op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

beks101 wrote: »

I spent E300 on a haircut once. I came home and my OH told me I looked like his great aunt Ruth. It's bloody hard.

Did you cry about it though?

I'd love to get my nails done but it's a waste of money with my job. They are constantly chipped and usually covered in dog/cat/cow sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

If you were any good in bed she'd have broken them down your back after a night anyway, would have been problem sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Candie wrote: »
    From Lexies post I can see how something special would cost that much, and it was a special occasion. I'm sure she doesn't spend that much every week.

No she don't and Ill be by her side until I'm dead if she'll keep me.

I like practical stuff and never have enough tools but I have to ask first if its going cost more than 50 euro , so to me this rubbish about finger nails is taking the piss eek.png
    I have 12 or maybe 15 thousand worth of tools, most not all pay for them self and at the moment I have a wish list of 2700 so its a good job that she is here I suppose but she really let me down spending 85 euro on her nails

Did the nails make her happy? Yes? 85 euro well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind. You can't be expected to walk around with a hot mess either
    Having flipping white nails amounts to the above? :confused:

If the very same nails were deemed "fashionable" by Vogue magazine it would be fine.

This escalated badly. It's basically your standard nerd on Internet saying "women,huh. By the way I have a girlfriend. Did you know?"

That's the most teenage thing I've read in ages.. Most boardsies are married. Why in the name of God would I want anyone to know I've got a girlfriend.

The rest of your comment about how it's none ot my business is out of touch. In a relationship, there are standards. She knows she looks bad and she's sad about it.

That's the most teenage thing I've read in ages.. Most boardsies are married. Why in the name of God would I want anyone to know I've got a girlfriend.

Esp the wife you left behind in Ireland 5 years ago!
    ;);)

Azalea wrote: »
    Having flipping white nails amounts to the above? :confused:

If the very same nails were deemed "fashionable" by Vogue magazine it would be fine.

No it wouldn't because of personal taste, the op thought they looked cheap and the girl was upset because they looked tacky. It's not a big deal, nobody lost any vital organs, but why is the op getting a hard time saying "oh I can't be seen out with her now, the state of her!"
    It's something i think most people will have said to their oh at some stage.
    "Why are you wearing that shirt? Well you'll be going out on your own"

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Esp the wife you left behind in Ireland 5 years ago!
    ;);)

Haha thanks for the laugh! This thread is unintentionally amusing anyway. 1st world problems or what?

False nails are tacktastic. And these talons that are in fashion? Yuck! So unhygienic for a start. And all the lads can say about them is arse related. So not attractive to them either!
    Think about all the products you could get for hands and nails for 85 euro and do a decent manicure at home while watching Netflix.

And then you don't look and feel like a tool for wasting money on crap claws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Did you cry about it though?

Nah I just let it grow out and never went back to that salon. And never looked to himself for hair validation again.

Huh? No they're not. Not on this forum anyway. Not by a country mile I'd say.
    It's something i think most people will have said to their oh at some stage.
    "Why are you wearing that shirt? Well you'll be going out on your own"

True dat. All the same I find it's usually me doing the "what the hell are you wearing?" Most boyfriends I've had only ever had two barometers - "hot" and "less hot". It'd take my OH about a week to notice unprompted that I'd had my nails done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Corpus Twisty

Colser wrote: »
    Maybe theyll grow on you OP.

Don't think the arty-farty ones grow. They just drop off after a bit. :D

Am I being naive and fanciful to suggest that she could crop them short with a scissors and then paint whats left a different colour. I thought nail polish was pretty flexible stuff, they do different colours and what not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

I don't know. You tell me. I don't really care about your relationship but this isn't the first time you've mentioned it. Also posting about trivial personal domestics on the Internet?
    The rest of your comment about how it's none ot my business is out of touch. In a relationship, there are standards. She knows she looks bad and she's sad about it.

Hmm. She didn't feel sad coming in the door though. Wonder what happened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭PC Lackey

Here's a test to see if anyone reads the thread before posting..

She'd massively upset.
    I can't even comprehend how girls would ever do that.
    I'm not angry at her.
    But at the same time, I live in South East Asia and she actually looks like a prostitute when she normally looks lovely.
    We've been together four years.
    We're very honest with each other. Normally she's the one telling me i look like crap.
    She has dark skin. White nails on dark skin look horrific.

Look, just ignore it, go and build something that makes the world a better place.
    When you get back she'll have calmed down and cooked you a pie.

• Advertisement

Serious questions though; I absolutely hate big nails with fancy nail polish on them, how would I tell my girlfriend I think its awful without insulting her or starting a fight?

Advertisement