Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Noo wrote: »
    The horror!

....reminds me of this classic....

"Today something terrible happened to me. I sat down on a toilet that had the seat left up by a careless male; Me. In 34 years on this planet (for nearly 17 of which I have habitually used a toilet) I have never done this. Truthfully, I had always wondered why women got so upset over the issue. But, as I plunged asshole-deep into the ice cold drink and felt the sting of freezing water kiss the back of my sack, I came to terms with the treachery in not replacing the seat to a down position. I'm now working on a livid bruise that doubles as a tramp stamp and am conjuring the courage needed to admit I was gang raped by germs. In fact, the smearing of my fresh butt cheeks down the inner bowl not only left my ass covered in enough bacteria to cure ebola, but made it to number one on my short list of "gross **** I shouldn't ever do again" and I've accidentally drank my own piss while camping.

All I can think to say to women everywhere is;

I'm really really really....SORRY."

Bear Grylls would be proud of you!:)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U_xmfSwYSw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I never wear my glasses and yesterday when I looked quicky in my makeup bag, I thought for a split second there was 20 euro in it but it was just a price tag I'd thrown in there :I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

When you've found a post you're interested in on Facebook and you move away from it and then you can't find it it later if you want to go back to it!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hearing something while typing and entering this instead of what you wanted to type. When it has nothing whatsoever to do with what you were writing at all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Farm machinery leaving a trail of branches etc. in their wake on the road, and not having the consideration to remove the debris themselves. Nearly careened into the bough of a tree early on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

razorblunt wrote: »
    Eoghan McDermott - shoe armed / strong horned his way into the Rose of Tralee and put fierce pressure on Daithí O Sé to wear those shoes.

I had to Google to find out who this non entity was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

First day of/back to school photos on Facebook. Nobody cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

i kissed a guy while I was visiting our New York office a few months back. He asked me out and we had a cute little date while I was there. Drunken flirting and all the rest of it. I since got promoted and am now doing the same job as him albeit in a different office. He doesn't engage with me at all. In fact I think he's a bit of a dcik at least while in the office. Except for watching all of my Instagram stories. i feel like a 12 year old but wtf dude. No more emotionally stunted little boys please!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just thought of another TA for the day. The wall-to-wall publicity (on Today FM in particular) given to Electric Picnic.

Painting it up as some sort of life-affirming experience that everyone MUST go to at least once. I know they are the music partners of it or whatever so have to drum up interest but its tiresome.

And by the same token, and without sounding like a square, you can't promote it as the 'party of the summer' and then be saddened if there are one or two drug or alcohol related deaths during it. Or indeed binge drinking or anti-social behaviour.

Festivals are my idea of hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Anyone who listens to Davis McWilliams podcast when he explains how signing up for exclusive content is “all for the price of a pint” I don’t know why but the way he says pint and uses it as a reference is cringeworthy. Was also reading one of the Tony Connolly brexit books and find so much of the political inside stories infuriatingly cringeworthy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Just thought of another TA for the day. The wall-to-wall publicity (on Today FM in particular) given to Electric Picnic.

Painting it up as some sort of life-affirming experience that everyone MUST go to at least once. I know they are the music partners of it or whatever so have to drum up interest but its tiresome.

And by the same token, and without sounding like a square, you can't promote it as the 'party of the summer' and then be saddened if there are one or two drug or alcohol related deaths during it. Or indeed binge drinking or anti-social behaviour.

Festivals are my idea of hell.

Thank you! Me too. I always avoided them throughout my twenties. My friends thought I was a stick-in-the-mud. But I really hate large, amorphous crowds. I can do a match or a concert in the Three. But anything more formless than that - no, just no. I do have one event that informed my view - I was at a Slane in the ‘90s where I was caught in a crush. My feet weren’t touching the ground at one point and I had to be lifted out of the crowd. Even if events are better organised than that, it’s still a lot of people in a small area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was out picking raspberries and got stung by an evil wasp. He was hiding under a leaf, underhanded yoke. Come out and fight like a wasp!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I relented and did a music festival in my early thirties, Oxygen at the time. It was scummy. The music is great but the camp site was an open sewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Stayed in the home house last night and had to sleep in the guest room as my
    old room and bathroom is getting done up at the moment.

Had to use the shower in the main bathroom this morning and it’s not an electric or power shower and the water pressure was pure sh1te. Took ages to wash my hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

People who don't listen when being spoken to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People who don't listen when being spoken to
    Or when you're on the phone and someone starts talking to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

GBX wrote: »
    Hearing something while typing and entering this instead of what you wanted to type. When it has nothing whatsoever to do with what you were writing at all

I was working on something with my boss today and completely lost the ability to type with her sitting at my shoulder. I’m sure she’s thinking now she knows why it takes me so long to get stuff done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Past three days I've been told 'remind me to check the total on my leap card, ahead of the weekend', a handful of times a day.
    Monday-Thursday am, they have forgotten to bring items vital to what they were supposed to doing, this was followed by a lot of mumbling about how could they forget and what idiots they were.

Out of the two of us I'm the one with the worst memory.

This pm, I ask if they had the leap card as they went out the door.
    The response to this was, STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!

TA ppl who dont remember their own stuff,

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I can't tell anyone close to me but yesterday I had the horrible realisation that my dad and Boris Johnson looks quite similar. I can't unsee it and it's horrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I get seriously ta when opening an easy single and the cheese breaks.

I also get ta when people say that easy singles aren't real cheese.

I get ta`d at the way plastic is used and disposed of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The fact that RTE have replaced Brendan O’Connor’s Cutting Edge with some show with Keith Barry and a studio audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    The fact that RTE have replaced Brendan O’Connor’s Cutting Edge with some show with Keith Barry and a studio audience.

I used to get TA’d with O’Connor’s constant attempts to “balance out” every argument and opinion.

I get that it’s RTÉ directed as they’re trying to “cover their ass” due to litigious loonies but still.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Collecting a takeaway from Chinese / Indian / Chipper and there's something missing or you've got the wrong dish. You only discover it when you get home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

A shop selling expensive pens and they don't have any bits of paper to scribble on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I used to get TA’d with O’Connor’s constant attempts to “balance out” every argument and opinion.

I get that it’s RTÉ directed as they’re trying to “cover their ass” due to litigious loonies but still.

That was annoying too I must say, but overall I thought it was a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Short-sleeved shirts. In general. But particularly short-sleeved shirts worn with ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

LirW wrote: »
    I can't tell anyone close to me but yesterday I had the horrible realisation that my dad and Boris Johnson looks quite similar. I can't unsee it and it's horrifying.

When an old friend of mine started post pictures of her and her new boyfriend (now husband) on facebook everyone was all like "ah you guys are so cute" etc etc, except one person who mentioned that they looked very similar.....years later and it still cant be unseen!! They are like boy and girl twins!

They did that faceswap thing and again everyone was like "oh you guys are so cute, funny etc. etc. That's hilarious". I didnt even notice they did the faceswap thing that how ridiculous it is!
    TA that is drives me mad that everyone ignores this massive weirdness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

The complete knob about to board the train at 730am holding a Yorkshire Terrier in a linen bag. People are looking at her thinking dickhead and she starts smirking to herself like everyone is checking her out, fml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Want to adjust volume while before video plays ... you get 'systems and notifications'.

Fck off systems and notifications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Short-sleeved shirts. In general. But particularly short-sleeved shirts worn with ties.

C-CGovnUAAIGl7H.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement