Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

People who won’t make plans unless it’s on their terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I tried pinching a picture in a newspaper to zoom in on it.
    Maybe I need to cut back on using my phone so much..m

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

fussyonion wrote: »
    I tried pinching a picture in a newspaper to zoom in on it.
    Maybe I need to cut back on using my phone so much..m
    I have done that a few times myself and cringed at myself.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

When a takeaway messes up your order. Especially when you were looking forward to one particular thing! I'm so mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

KatW4 wrote: »
    When a takeaway messes up your order. Especially when you were looking forward to one particular thing! I'm so mad.
    Or when you get lukewarm food. I stopped ordering from Dominos because they were too unreliable. Sometimes I'd get the food within 25 minutes and it was fantastic. Other times I'd be waiting 45 minutes and it was sh!te.

It's not the wait that bothered me, I'd wait an hour if it was hot. The last time I ordered from them I got a text 10 minutes after placing my order saying it was on it's way. Yay! It took 35 minutes to get to me and by then the pizza was barely lukewarm and it just didn't taste the same :(

I can't fault the driver or staff. They have to send out about three deliveries at once and it's the luck of the draw if you'll be first or last. If it was a lukewarm chinese I wouldn't care because you can reheat it and it still tastes great but reheated pizza is an abomination. If I'm paying €20 for a pizza then it should be hot!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Inflatable knees

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

???As opposed to a full doll???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Or when you get lukewarm food. I stopped ordering from Dominos because they were too unreliable. Sometimes I'd get the food within 25 minutes and it was fantastic. Other times I'd be waiting 45 minutes and it was sh!te.

Whenever I order a “Dominos” for delivery I turn the oven on to 150c, P.

When the pizza arrives I put it straight into the oven and drop the temp down to just above 50c. Once the sides are gone I take the pizza out.

Shouldn’t have to do it but it works for me.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I just took a wee on my cat by accident.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I had heard of a pissed-off cat before, but never of a pissed-on one! :pac:

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »

It's not the first time either. The gobsh*te likes to drink from the tap in the bathroom, his access to the sink is via the toilet.
    And he passed through my stream for a feline golden shower.

It's your own fault for not closing the door.

It's your own fault for not closing the door.

He can open them! And with great stealth too!

Boom_Bap wrote: »

It's not the first time either. The gobsh*te likes to drink from the tap in the bathroom, his access to the sink is via the toilet.
    And he passed through my stream for a feline golden shower.
    You better not tell Seph about this...

He can open them! And with great stealth too!

Can he turn keys in locks, too? :eek: :rolleyes:

Can he turn keys in locks, too? :eek: :rolleyes:

I wish, he'd make a great cat burglar then

I was somewhere today and I met a family and I knew the boy's (7) name but he wouldn't know me.
    So I said 'hello X'.
    He looks at me all confident and said 'I don't know who the bloody hell you are.'
    The adult with him didn't even admonish him so that kind of chat must be normal!
    If he was mine, I'd have marched him away with an earful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I was somewhere today and I met a family and I knew the boy's (7) name but he wouldn't know me.
    So I said 'hello X'.
    He looks at me all confident and said 'I don't know who the bloody hell you are.'
    The adult with him didn't even admonish him so that kind of chat must be normal!

You were a stranger to this child ? Maybe he was protecting himself in all fairness .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    So I said 'hello X'.

You were a stranger to this child ? Maybe he was protecting himself in all fairness .
    It's just plain rude to use language to an adult like that.
    He was with his uncle who knows me very well so I said hello to the uncle first and he called me by my name and then I addressed the child so I was hardly the child catcher about to chloroform him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

He was with his uncle who knows me very well so I said hello to the uncle first and he called me by my name and then I addressed the child so I was hardly the child catcher about to chloroform him.

That’s different then . It sounded like you walked up to a child and called him by his name . It wasn’t clear you knew the family .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

people who go on and on about the gym/working out.....I automatically find you boring if you keep going on and on about it and its a swipe left on tinder if there's a girl who goes on and on in their bio, or all gym selfies....no one cares you go to the gym....im not dissing it, as I do work out but I don't go on and on and on about it and obsess over it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

those who comment on News on social media, I know I shouldn't look at them especially on the Journal.ie but like who gives a flying feck if you were there hours/days ago.....like the cars on fire in Douglas shopping centre...i saw these comments, " i can see it 2 miles away" and the best one was "i was there last week".....

People who say #blessed on social media.
    Same people probably wouldn't know how to bless themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Jeepers, they are doing that child no favours letting him say stuff like that. Horrible to see kids with less than zero manners.

(Purple you should do a Basil Fawlty on him next time around ;) where he meets the obnoxious kid and manages to give him a clip on the ear, accidentally on purpose)

Obviously, I'm joking :pac: ... Maybe.

SirChenjin wrote: »

Jeepers, they are doing that child no favours letting him say stuff like that. Horrible to see kids with less than zero manners.

(Purple you should do a Basil Fawlty on him next time around ;) where he meets the obnoxious kid and manages to give him a clip on the ear, accidentally on purpose)

Obviously, I'm joking :pac: ... Maybe.
    If he was my own, chances are there might be a clip.
    Some kids are over confident these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

That wasnt in your op though. in this case the child was right.We cant drum things in to kids about strangers.And then moan about the way they react.The onus is on the ADULT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I feel like there is a back story to this. Unless your cat was taking a nap in the toilet, how on earth did you pee on it? I'm intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Have some wine. The wine is disgusting. I'm having a bad day!!!

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I feel like there is a back story to this. Unless your cat was taking a nap in the toilet, how on earth did you pee on it? I'm intrigued.
    The cat has a golden shower fetish and puts on leather bondage gear when Boom heads for the bathroom door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,006 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

those who comment on News on social media, I know I shouldn't look at them especially on the Journal.ie but like who gives a flying feck if you were there hours/days ago.....like the cars on fire in Douglas shopping centre...i saw these comments, " i can see it 2 miles away" and the best one was "i was there last week".....

Wasn't Kathryn Thomas' mum was it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement