Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Spoofers. People that are full of sheeeit. There's many of them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Blisters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Someone's doing a poo next to me and there's a lot of grunting and gulping going on. The gulping is kind of disturbing me...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People on buses standing up.when theres room for them.This morning the walkway where you get on was jammers.Then in front of the stairs,standing where the wheelchairs go.Seriously if anyone with a wheelchair or walking stick got on.They wouldnt have a hope.

Driver never said anything.

My nails.Im trying to let them grow.They grow to a nice length,i find a straggly bit,bite it off.And then before iknow it,they are down to the quix again,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Vocal fry. Was listening to an interesting podcast last night but had to switch off because the presenter sounded like she was trying to push her words out of her backside.

People who raise the pitch of their words at the end of a statement so it sounds like they are asking a question. It's infuriating. It's also starting to appear in text format with people actually using a question mark instead of a full stop to infer raised pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TW; Pet death.

Vet's bollixed up organising girl dog's cremation. They have had the body for two and a half weeks waiting for info that was given to them three times, twice the day of and again the day after!

If that isn't annoying enough, this means another threeish week wait and more stress over where to put the ashes and how to pick them up(the return depot is hard to get to on public transport)
    ����������������

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

RickBlaine wrote: »
    I am sick to death of emailing colleagues asking two or three questions and only getting a response to the first question in the reply. I could send an email per question but I shouldn't have to because I expect professional adults to able to read, comprehend and reply to a three sentence email.

It's something I've noticed in the past, but I've used it to my advantage by, for example, having a proposal in the second and third question and asking the person to let me know if they disagree with my proposed action.

No reponse means they're ok with it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who reserve sunloungers by the pool with beach towels early in the morning while on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

branie2 wrote: »
    People who reserve sunloungers by the pool with beach towels early in the morning while on holiday.

Or people who do it in leisure centres.
    Hang your towel on a hook. If you're not on the lounger, it isn't yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Someone's doing a poo next to me and there's a lot of grunting and gulping going on. The gulping is kind of disturbing me...

I worked with a guy like that before, I. He was, what is called a “middle stalwart”. He’d wait right outside the middle stall until it was free. Terrible etiquette.

Once he was in he’d gulp, burp and make some other strained noises. Followed by some loud, wet, “toilet” ones.

He would spend a lot of time in there, this didn’t go unnoticed by management. It was one of the factors in the decision not to renew his contract. While it was known that he suffered from some form of “IBS”, his conduct in the bathroom was unforgivable.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I think the etiquette thread is calling.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In the process of moving from Limerick back to Tipp, I seem to have somehow misplaced my Beats speaker that was a Christmas present. Asked bf if he took it by mistake, but he hasn’t. It wasn’t in the apartment and it’s not at home. No idea where it could be but I’ll be absolutely sickened if I can’t find it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

How can it be that shipping charges out of the country are so brutal?! I have a few bits I wanna flip on ebay and the market is bigger in the UK but holy cow even just a small packet costs an arm and a leg!

I don't wanna deal with adverts or donedeal, my nerves couldn't take that at the minute.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Have you tried with GLS's Parcelshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I don’t know why but I just feel like this time of year is severely depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

im in my 30s and STILL taken by surprise when after a few days of spiralling emotions, mood swings, random tears on demand and a monstrous appetite, my period suddenly arrives and I'm like "AH. THAT'S WHY. LOL"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I need to brush my teeth but there’s a wardrobe in the doorway of the bathroom where my toothbrush is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

How did it get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

No one is sure but Kitty's toothbrush is now in the place where her wardrobe was.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I need to brush my teeth but there’s a wardrobe in the doorway of the bathroom where my toothbrush is
    What's the lion and witch situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The new hot phrase in job vacancies "proven (track) record/ability/yer ma".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭its_steve116

The fact that, this December, it will be 11 years since Channel 6 shut its doors.

People voting for “sour cream” and “cheese and onion” over far superior flavoured crisps, and corn snacks.

Frightful, and deviant, behaviour.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Not being able to relax around certain people because they are the type to constantly b1tch about everyone behind their backs and you see them watching and listening to everything - and judging.

People who text back way too fast. Like before you can even put your phone away again.

Being told "there's no need to be that way" when I mention my anxiety. I don't need to be like that? Really?? Oh grand, I'll just stop then (rolls eyes until they get stuck up there).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

People voting for “sour cream” and “cheese and onion” over far superior flavoured crisps, and corn snacks.

Frightful, and deviant, behaviour.

Maybe its because I don't live in Ireland anymore and am very rarely able to get them, but what could possibly be nicer than cheese and onion?

Maybe its because I don't live in Ireland anymore and am very rarely able to get them, but what could possibly be nicer than cheese and onion?

Bacon Fries, Meanies, Discos, McCoys salt and vinegar, Pringles salt and vinegar, Space Raiders, Crunchos, Burger Bites, Chipsticks, Skips, Nik Naks...the list goes on really.

It’s not that cheese and onion are bad, I mean, they certainly aren’t disgusting like sour cream, but they’re the type of crisp you’d have a bag off and could go without them for another year.

The tide is turning…

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Not being able to relax around certain people because they are the type to constantly b1tch about everyone behind their backs and you see them watching and listening to everything - and judging.

People who text back way too fast. Like before you can even put your phone away again.

Being told "there's no need to be that way" when I mention my anxiety. I don't need to be like that? Really?? Oh grand, I'll just stop then (rolls eyes until they get stuck up there).

Ignore them all Rosie, it's the only way.

I had someone push me aside to march past me on the street. I wasn't moving particularly slowly but I wasn't up to an argument so now I'm TA'd with myself for letting them away with it.

TA at impatient tosspots, and at myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

TAd at the little prick you called to my work in person to express his discust and disappointment at not receiving a reply to TWO emails he sent - he was basically looking for free stuff for a private party. Turns out that my colleague, spoke to him on the phone and explained that we couldn't help him.
    He went on to tell me that he's been badmouthing the company around the place.
    He came in person to tell me all this.
    Never met or spoke to him before.

I'm actually rather proud of myself for keeping cool and not telling you to fcuk the fcuk off.
    He'd have been straight onto facetwit if I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Bacon Fries, Meanies, Discos, McCoys salt and vinegar, Pringles salt and vinegar, Space Raiders, Crunchos, Burger Bites, Chipsticks, Skips, Nik Naks...the list goes on really.

It’s not that cheese and onion are bad, I mean, they certainly aren’t disgusting like sour cream, but they’re the type of crisp you’d have a bag off and could go without them for another year.

Wait until that option is taken away from you and you'll never under-appreciate cheese and onion again

And as for your choices, some decent ones in there, but Discos and to a lesser extent Pringles? Mank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

definitely got out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

Low level period pains all day, weepy AF, things are bothering me that shouldn't be bothering me and morale is so low at work that i'm wondering why i got out of bed at all.

TA TA TA TA TA ALL DAY TA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement