Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

I just can't understand why it's taking them 9 weeks. I wonder is it to view flagged exams etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michaelot97

Even with this I still think we'll have them before Christmas.

Even with this I still think we'll have them before Christmas.

I hope you are a secret LS insider x

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

stonewash wrote: »
    Hi guys, has anyone been refunded from the August sitting yet?

Yes I got my refund the end of last week, I requested it as soon as the August results were released and had sent a good few follow up emails but none since the November exams. They’re probably starting to make their way through the list now - also they didn’t email me about it or anything so you’ll have to keep checking your bank account to see if you’ve gotten it yet

dobby896 wrote: »
    I just can't understand why it's taking them 9 weeks. I wonder is it to view flagged exams etc?

That’s a good point, reviewing them probably is adding to the delay! Plus the fact that it’s much closer to the Christmas period than usual and we can assume they’re still going to give themselves time off over Christmas :D

Edit: Although it probably wouldn’t be the examiners themselves checking the flagged exams, I’d guess that it would be the staff of the law school who review flagged exams and the examiners correcting the papers as usual - so maybe it shouldn’t delay them since it would be different people checking the flagged exams versus correcting the papers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

Hazel774 wrote: »
    Yes I got my refund the end of last week, I requested it as soon as the August results were released and had sent a good few follow up emails but none since the November exams. They’re probably starting to make their way through the list now - also they didn’t email me about it or anything so you’ll have to keep checking your bank account to see if you’ve gotten it yet

Just checked my account this morning and it’s come in overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Legalapples

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Just checked my account this morning and it’s come in overnight.

Can I ask who you emailed ? I’ve yet to receive any response

UPDATE: just got through to them on the phone they’re currently going through a long list of people to refund and said it could take a couple of weeks if anyone else is in a similar position

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

IgoPAP wrote: »
    I'd feel bad taking this money away from people that need it more! I'll be fine without it. Good luck to everyone that is interviewing for it.

No you should apply idk about law but in a lot of sectors they claw back their fees if you leave before you qualify or soon after. Take a look at your contract, if they have that clause you can leave if another opportunity comes up with no clawback heheheh

• Registered Users Posts: 34 baloo21

Just got this sent to my email:

Dear FE-1 candidate

I write to you in relation to the PPC Hybrid which is due to commence on 16 December 2020. I understand that you undertook certain papers in the November 2020 sitting of the FE-1s. If it is your intention to join the PPC Hybrid in December 2020 should you ultimately successfully complete the FE-1s following the current sitting, then you are asked to contact Hilary Kavanagh at H.Kavanagh@LawSociety.ie by Monday 7 December so that we can make preliminary arrangements for you to join the course.

Please note this communication is only relevant for those that intend to join the PPC Hybrid in December 2020 and who have already identified a suitable (practising) solicitor to act as a training solicitor. General queries with regard to the FE-1 results, which will issue in the week commencing 11 January, should not be directed to Hilary Kavanagh.

Kind regards,

Rory O’Boyle

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

baloo21 wrote: »

Dear FE-1 candidate

I write to you in relation to the PPC Hybrid which is due to commence on 16 December 2020. I understand that you undertook certain papers in the November 2020 sitting of the FE-1s. If it is your intention to join the PPC Hybrid in December 2020 should you ultimately successfully complete the FE-1s following the current sitting, then you are asked to contact Hilary Kavanagh at H.Kavanagh@LawSociety.ie by Monday 7 December so that we can make preliminary arrangements for you to join the course.

Please note this communication is only relevant for those that intend to join the PPC Hybrid in December 2020 and who have already identified a suitable (practising) solicitor to act as a training solicitor. General queries with regard to the FE-1 results, which will issue in the week commencing 11 January, should not be directed to Hilary Kavanagh.

Kind regards,

Rory O’Boyle

Me too !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Law20213

Me too !

people who started blackhall in sept got there Aug results a week before PPC started.

The same thing may happen again for the hybrid

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Me too !

What does “preliminary arrangements” mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Does anyone have a PDF of the EU Manual that I could get a hold of?

Got materials for most subjects that I can swap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

Can I ask who you emailed ? I’ve yet to receive any response

UPDATE: just got through to them on the phone they’re currently going through a long list of people to refund and said it could take a couple of weeks if anyone else is in a similar position

I emailed anybody and everybody to be honest. Any email address I could find. The FE1 email, the dedicated November FE1 one, you name it, I emailed it!!! Probably refunded me so I’d stop emailing!!! :D

Coopie wrote: »
    What does “preliminary arrangements” mean?

More cloak and dagger .....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Shonagoring123

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    Does anyone have a PDF of the EU Manual that I could get a hold of?

Got materials for most subjects that I can swap.

Pm me

I hope I’m allowed mention this here..
    Has anyone used/know anything about Law Hero’s CV/application coaching? It’s €100 so don’t know if it’s worth it but I’m so lost as what else I can do to try get a traineeship.. 7 FE1s in and I’m about to throw in the towel

baloo21 wrote: »

Dear FE-1 candidate

Kind regards,

Rory O’Boyle

Did anyone else sit their last exam(s) in November and not get this email?

Hazel774 wrote: »
    Did anyone else sit their last exam(s) in November and not get this email?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

I didn't get the email, got it off a friend and emailed Hillary this morning.

• Advertisement

Meg! wrote: »
    I didn't get the email, got it off a friend and emailed Hillary this morning.

Ah feck, do you have all the paper work in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Do you think that email indicates hybrid applicants may get their results early?

jus_me wrote: »
    Do you think that email indicates hybrid applicants may get their results early?

This is the response I got when I asked them.

"If you are successful in your FE-1s then there will be a place for you in the Hybrid, regardless of timing of the results"

Also I was speaking to somebody yesterday and they advised a decision had not yet been made but that they should know by the end of next week ...

More cloak and dagger .....

Do you think this means we will get to do the complication and in theory start then withdraw if we dont pass?
    Has anyone a response from Hillary?

Do you think this means we will get to do the complication and in theory start then withdraw if we dont pass?
    Has anyone a response from Hillary?

Hilary emailed me the bellow

"If you are successful in your FE-1s then there will be a place for you in the Hybrid, regardless of timing of the results"

God only knows, maybe the LS just want to get an idea of numbers by the 7th of Dec and then they might be in a position to mark those papers first and hopefully before the 16th December ....although bearing in mind there was only 2 exams in August it may be more difficult to get them all marked sooner this time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Law20213

jus_me wrote: »

I think hybrids will get there results early in order to start the PPC course like with aug exams but the society aren’t going to come out and say that in case the rest of us waiting on results kick up fuss having to wait till 11th jan

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

Looking for an up to date equity grid if anybody has one please

Yes I do and have confirmation that they have received it and have everything they need bar results

Ah feck, do you have all the paper work in ?

Yes I do and have confirmation that they have received it and have everything they need bar results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Fe1BB

I’m presuming they still took the app fee and all? I’m intending on submitting my application next week just waiting on references

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement