Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Law20213

Anyone had any word from the LS on when to expect results?

Unlikely but...

Saw on fb someone was told jan shame not before xmas. wonder how that will affect people looking to start hybrid in dec

Law20213 wrote: »
    Saw on fb someone was told jan shame not before xmas. wonder how that will affect people looking to start hybrid in dec

Knew it was too optimistic but would have loved them before Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

neon123 wrote: »
    Hi folks, as the Autumn sitting was a bit later this time around do people think the LS will stick carrying the spring sitting in early March as usual or will they perhaps push it to maybe April? Also, would anyone happen to know the Qs that came up for Constitutional & Company? Thanks :)

From my memory, for company (not in this order) it was:
    Essay on meetings, problem q on restriction, essay on section 602 of the companies act, problem q on share transfer, problem q on minority oppression, essay on rule in turquand’s case, problem q on advantages/disadvantages and consequences of incorporation and an essay on the exceptions to the rule in Percival v wright

Someone please correct me if any of that is wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

_________

I went to NUIG and we did criminal in 2nd year back in 2015/16!

Hahhaha maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, perhaps second year criminal is like..... a reward for not dropping out. Or the lecturer really doesn't want to deal with first years.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

From my memory, for company (not in this order) it was:
    Essay on meetings, problem q on restriction, essay on section 602 of the companies act, problem q on share transfer, problem q on minority oppression, essay on rule in turquand’s case, problem q on advantages/disadvantages and consequences of incorporation and an essay on the exceptions to the rule in Percival v wright

Someone please correct me if any of that is wrong :)

Thanks for that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭phildub

Anyone had any word from the LS on when to expect results?

Unlikely but...

I saw someone said they called the LS and said January as the two examiners need to make and then the board needs to sit

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Reya10

Anyone here looking to start PPC Hybrid this year and awaiting results from the November sitting? Getting very conflicting information from different people in the Law Society on whether I should submit an application without the exam results, would appreciate some insight from anyone else in the same boat! Haven’t been able to reach anyone in the fe1 section by phone or email, and keep being told by the Trainee section that they don’t have anything to do with corrections/ prioritising results !

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Anybody else awaiting result for the Hybrid Course?
    I was told that these results would be given priority a few weeks back by email.
    Has anyone heard anything? It would be awful to miss the start of the course especially considering all the delays in sitting the November exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Reya10 wrote: »
    Anyone here looking to start PPC Hybrid this year and awaiting results from the November sitting? Getting very conflicting information from different people in the Law Society on whether I should submit an application without the exam results, would appreciate some insight from anyone else in the same boat! Haven’t been able to reach anyone in the fe1 section by phone or email, and keep being told by the Trainee section that they don’t have anything to do with corrections/ prioritising results !

Yes I am in the same boat but I do not have a traineeship secured as of yet! I wonder how many of us are waiting on results who wish to start the Hybrid.

Coopie wrote: »
    Yes I am in the same boat but I do not have a traineeship secured as of yet! I wonder how many of us are waiting on results who wish to start the Hybrid.

1. I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

Hi , just wondering how far in advance of PPC1 did people get their results from the August sitting? I know they were released sooner. I just cant remember how soon. Thanks.

I think it was literally a couple of days beforehand

Hazel774 wrote: »
    I think it was literally a couple of days beforehand

There is still hope so we could get them before the 16th of December ...SURELY they have some idea based on the number of applications they have pending results.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Coopie wrote: »

The message I got was to get the application in and if I pass the FE1s, I will have a place on the PPC Hybrid. They were very clear when I spoke to them.

Spreece wrote: »
    The message I got was to get the application in and if I pass the FE1s, I will have a place on the PPC Hybrid. They were very clear when I spoke to them.

They said the same to me by email but I guess the question is will results be given before the 16th of December to allow everyone to start the hybrid at the same time...I guess it's just going to be a guessing game as always....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bobbinn

Has anyone ever went to the LS talk on how to get a traineeship, and what did you think of it? Thinking of signing up for it this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

bobbinn wrote: »
    Has anyone ever went to the LS talk on how to get a traineeship, and what did you think of it? Thinking of signing up for it this year

If it's free there's no harm. But I can't imagine paying for something like this. Applying for a traineeship isn't all too different than applying to any job.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Reya10

Spreece wrote: »

I was told this too but then told by someone else not to submit the application until the results were out, and that even if you submit it without the results it won't even be looked at until you have them!

Seems like they don't have figured it out themselves yet, frustrating to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stonewash

Hi guys would anyone have a property/equity grid? I have tort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

I got someone else to pay so I don't know about value for money, but it was a good chance to network and trainees were totally willing to help with your CV and give you some insights. I think it was particularly good for the most clueless, if you have had a lot of help on your CV then it would be less valuable.

If you aren't getting career guidance for free of college anymore, it's not super bad value for the CV help. Also interesting to see how people became solicitors but that PDF is available online if you google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

stonewash wrote: »
    Hi guys would anyone have a property/equity grid? I have tort :)

PM me and I'll send you both.

• Advertisement

I went in Jan 2018 - paid for it. Definitely not worth the money back then anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

neon123 wrote: »
    Hi folks, as the Autumn sitting was a bit later this time around do people think the LS will stick carrying the spring sitting in early March as usual or will they perhaps push it to maybe April? Also, would anyone happen to know the Qs that came up for Constitutional & Company? Thanks :)

Can anyone who sat Constitutional remember what came up a few weeks back?

I know some posters said it was a tough exam and some questions were hard to identify, but a rough idea would be great. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LeGal97

Just wondering if you have a link for this?

It is saying booking is closed on the LS website, unless it has not opened for Feb 2021 yet.

lawgrad49 wrote: »
    Can anyone who sat Constitutional remember what came up a few weeks back?

I know some posters said it was a tough exam and some questions were hard to identify, but a rough idea would be great. Thanks!

Locus standi and jus tertii, property rights and right to earn a livelihood essay, journalistic privacy and freedom of expression, non delegated legislation, case note question ...cant remember the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fe1BB

Has anyone had any response to emails from the LS about a date for results ? I know people have said they have been told over the phone January!

Getting anxious because of the hybrid start date and don’t know what to do with the application, whether to submit or not because it sounds like people have received different information from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

How are ye all?

Just wondering if anyone knows if any firms are still accepting applications from potential trainees. I've been away from legal work for about a year and I am looking to get a foot back in the door. Most firms seem to have closed their application process.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

BASHBAG wrote: »
    How are ye all?

Just wondering if anyone knows if any firms are still accepting applications from potential trainees. I've been away from legal work for about a year and I am looking to get a foot back in the door. Most firms seem to have closed their application process.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Matheson are open now!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Just wondering has anybody got anything on the important topics for equity/constitutional? Have a sheet from a prep course for other topics which listed then from 5 stars to 1 in terms of importance and was wondering does anyone have anything similar. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitz_95

would anyone have grids or sample answers for Constitutional and Criminal? have sample answers and Notes for Equity,Contract and Tort which can be swapped

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Results being released around January 11 lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement