Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

Irrelevant I’m afraid, if the flight is still going.

I think the airline will be more likely to cancel the flight though,they are not going to fly half empty planes. So you might improve your chance of getting a refund if the airlines cancel more flights to non green list countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Minier81 wrote: »
    I think the airline will be more likely to cancel the flight though,they are not going to fly half empty planes. So you might improve your chance of getting a refund if the airlines cancel more flights to non green list countries.

They’ve already sold the tickets though, so they don’t care if you don’t turn up or not. It’ll cost them more if they have to refund everyone... They already are flying with half empty planes.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

O'Leary has plenty of my cash but I'll back him in this situation. There's no way this works. It just inconvienes people.

What will end up happening is people will travel through the green list countries and on to the final destination and the same for the return. Basically quantifying the chances of getting the Virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

I think so.... They won't be on it.... Unless the Spain leader has a few drinks with MM at the Brussels 2day meeting.... and sweet talks him....

quote="Ray Donovan;114067919"]So are we all convinced that the Canary Islands won't make this list so....?[/quote]

So everything from Ireland down on that list?

I could change my holiday with package operator today... Frm Spain to Greece...not sure what to do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

LilyShame wrote: »
    Unless the Spain leader has a few drinks with MM at the Brussels 2day meeting.... and sweet talks him....
    Unlikely.
    Irish population is low and Irish tourists numbers are low, therefore not enough to make a difference to another Country's economy compared to (say) tourists from the UK and Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

I could change my holiday with package operator today... Frm Spain to Greece...not sure what to do...

I would not be surprised if that was the case but a more sensible approach would be to say 7.5 and below which would cover Germany (performed far better overall than Ireland), Greece (same) and Italy (consistently low since June).

I would imagine that Ireland excluding Germany would be perceived extremely negatively, and indeed may have political implications. in what has traditionally been a positive tourism market for us.

In terms of potential inbound NL and Denmark would come in and it would at least be sensible in terms of the rolling approach and not shifting the goalposts depending on Ireland’s levels on a given week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Would seem crazy to exclude Germany.

Basically penalizing them for there widespread rigorous testing regime

Would seem crazy to exclude Germany.

Basically penalizing them for there widespread rigorous testing regime

Crazy also that they will be funding the begging bowl for the EU package which already there are serious domestic barriers to. That will not play out well in Germany - Ireland is banning us even though we performed far better than them and they want us to give them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Minier81 wrote: »
    Non-green list just means 14 days isolation after it. You can still go there but are advised not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭blackwave

What happens with regards to flight refunds if the country isn't on the list?

Won't be a refund would be my guess as you are still allowed fly it's just you have to self-quarntine for 14 days when you get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭DarHan84

Looking at the data, the current list, based on the 14 day rolling avg per 100k will look like this most likely... (only including Europe for this as most people's travel plans are pretty local right now).

Guernsey
    Malta (.8 cases per 100k)
    Finland
    Hungary
    Georgia
    Estonia
    Faroe Island
    Norway
    Lithuania
    Latvia
    Cyprus

Borderline countries who are just below Ireland but also in the safest tier today so likely in will be:
    Greece
    Italy
    Slovakia
    Liechtenstein
    Denmark
    Netherlands
    Germany (6.2 cases per 100k)

After that, notable countries who likely won't make this Monday's list based on the data

France (11 per 100k)
    UK (13 per 100k)
    Spain (18 per 100k)
    Portugal (48 per 100k)
    Sweden (60 per 100k)

(Source https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/download-todays-data-geographic-distribution-covid-19-cases-worldwide)

Lying is never wise, if there was some scare about the flight you were on or the like you'd be sacked, and rightly so.

Cyprus should be on the list.

No, you wouldn't.

It's entirely your business where you went. Your boss cannot sack you over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I think the government will bottle it when it comes to the Canaries despite their low levels & they won't make the green list, they are very focused on reopening the schools & don't want families travelling anywhere really. Unless the Spanish numbers drop, my guess is it will be September or October before Spain gets on the list conveniently once the kids are back in school

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭DarHan84

Not how it's working.. that list is just total cases, if you look at the rolling 14 day avg per 100k, that's what they will use.

As for the Canaries, I don't think they'll go by regions just yet, rather they'll just use countries. Opens up a bit of a Pandora's box if they do, I.e. do they then allow certain states in the US, Madeira but not Lisbon in Portugal etc.

Thats interesting... So if Germany is on the list from a political point of view... Then Greece might scrape in....

quote="DarHan84;114068995"]Looking at the data, the current list, based on the 14 day rolling avg per 100k will look like this most likely... (only including Europe for this as most people's travel plans are pretty local right now).

Guernsey
    Malta (.8 cases per 100k)
    Finland
    Hungary
    Georgia
    Estonia
    Faroe Island
    Norway
    Lithuania
    Latvia
    Cyprus

Borderline countries who are just below Ireland but also in the safest tier today so likely in will be:
    Greece
    Italy
    Slovakia
    Liechtenstein
    Denmark
    Netherlands
    Germany (6.2 cases per 100k)

After that, notable countries who likely won't make this Monday's list based on the data

France (11 per 100k)
    UK (13 per 100k)
    Spain (18 per 100k)
    Portugal (48 per 100k)
    Sweden (60 per 100k)

(Source https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/download-todays-data-geographic-distribution-covid-19-cases-worldwide)[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Does that figure for France include the overseas territories or is it just the mainland?

I don't think that weird veto on public servants taking 4 weeks off for 2 weeks holiday....could ukd really stand up in court.. Its very very questionable.....

quote="Niner leprauchan;114069040"]No, you wouldn't.

It's entirely your business where you went. Your boss cannot sack you over that.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

is_that_so wrote: »
    Non-green list just means 14 days isolation after it. You can still go there but are advised not to.

Of course, but some people will choose not to travel if they don't wish to isolate for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Doesn't the ECDC numbers per 100,000 include foreign territories eg in the case of France and also antibody testing eg in the case of Spain so the daily stats capture old data from weeks/months ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Feria40 wrote: »
    Doesn't the ECDC numbers per 100,000 include foreign territories eg in the case of France and also antibody testing eg in the case of Spain so the daily stats capture old data from weeks/months ago?

Yes it does.

We’re due to sail to Bilbao for 3 weeks later this week. Original plan was to travel northern Spain. Then considered travelling straight to the south of France and spending all our time there.
    Now it looks like neither country will make the list!

I'm finding it hard to get the true data for Spain but found one report (olive press) which stated 919 NEW positives in the 7 days to July 15th.

At a very rough calculation that's the equivalent of 100 new cases a week in Ireland (taking Spain as 9 times our population).

Clearly Spain does have problems in some areas but from what I am reading they have really upped their testing capacity.

I take it it's only the headline number the cabinet/NPHET will look at

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I'm finding it hard to get the true data for Spain but found one report (olive press) which stated 919 NEW positives in the 7 days to July 15th.
    I check daily El Pais for Spain.
    Thursday 16 July: 580 positive cases in a day
    source: https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-07-17/new-coronavirus-outbreaks-in-aragon-catalonia-cause-spike-in-cases-with-580-infections-detected-in-spain-in-a-day.html

Friday 17 July: 628 cases
    Source: https://elpais.com/sociedad/2020-07-17/espana-se-repliega-ante-la-amenaza-de-una-segunda-ola-de-contagios.html

At a very rough calculation that's the equivalent of 100 new cases a week in Ireland (taking Spain as 9 times our population).

Clearly Spain does have problems in some areas but from what I am reading they have really upped their testing capacity.

I take it it's only the headline number the cabinet/NPHET will look at

Run more tests, get more results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

Run more tests, get more results

What really matters is barely reported which is number of people needing hospitalization and in UIC.

For instance, Catalunya reported almost 3000 cases this week (this number includes antibody tests). From that number 40 have needed to be in a hospital, this is actually less people than the previous week when they reported well under 1000 cases.1 person needed to be moved to UIC.
    They have also reported one new death this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Watching this thread, we have 5 flights leaving Belfast sunday morning for Spain, still undecided whether to go or not, hotel is giving us the option of 24 hour notice to cancel,
    If spain is not on the green or A list on Monday, and we go, technically at the minute when we return to Belfast 10 days later, am I right in thinking we dont need to quarantine? We live in ROI.

Flight leaves in 1 hour from Belfast, we aren't on it 🀮

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Flight leaves in 1 hour from Belfast, we aren't on it ��

Sickner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

If USA is on the red list and we cannot travel there, does the opposite hold true and flights from USA cannot land here? I see no logic in preventing us from flying there if people from all over the USA can land here and potentially swarm all over the tourist areas, infecting countless people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭kingshankly

If USA is on the red list and we cannot travel there, does the opposite hold true and flights from USA cannot land here? I see no logic in preventing us from flying there if people from all over the USA can land here and potentially swarm all over the tourist areas, infecting countless people.

Who says you can’t fly there of course you can you just need to quarantine on return

• Advertisement

Who says you can’t fly there of course you can you just need to quarantine on return

Well no. US bans EU passport holders. But the flights will continue as they are carrying cargo.

Advertisement