Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭xvril

I assumed anyone currently isolating that has returned from a country that appears on the green list can stop when it is announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

xvril wrote: »
    I assumed anyone currently isolating that has returned from a country that appears on the green list can stop when it is announced?

I would presume so too. Not sure how many of our traditional holiday spots will be on the green list though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Could really do with some leak of the green list countries between now and next Monday when I'm supposed to fly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

Well this is the thread to help you stay informed!!

Keep the information flowing!

quote="Ray Donovan;114044747"]Could really do with some leak of the green list countries between now and next Monday when I'm supposed to fly!![/quote]

I would be almost certain Greece will be on it. Handled covid very well, less than 4,000 cases since this all started. They test randomly on arrival as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

spockety wrote: »
    So it looks like the 14 day quarantine will be gone for green list countries, but the advice against non essential travel will remain. Classic. They are figuring that enough people will remain spooked by the guidance and lack of travel insurance etc to keep the numbers low.

So the guilt train continues to be rolled out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Classic. They are figuring that enough people will remain spooked by the guidance and lack of travel insurance etc to keep the numbers low.

Multitrip have already confirmed to me in writing that I am covered if a country is on the green list--if it change to red while you are away you are still covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭junebabies

Is the green list still going to be released this week despite phase 4 been pushed back??
    Just curious, no intention of getting on a plane this year.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

xvril wrote: »
    I would be almost certain Greece will be on it. Handled covid very well, less than 4,000 cases since this all started. They test randomly on arrival as well.

Considering every tom dixk and Harry tried to get in from Turkey also.Well done Greece.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Multitrip have already confirmed to me in writing that I am covered if a country is on the green list--if it change to red while you are away you are still covered.

I'll bet they weren't expecting a green list to also specify advice against traveling to the countries on it when they put that to you in writing!

Remember, the green list is all about the 14 day quarantine on arrival. The insurance companies don't care about that. DFA travel advice is what dictates their plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scrips

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Originally this was not my reason for flying from belfast, it just so happened i live the same distance from Dublin and Belfast and flights were better times, thats the reason i booked months ago. 5 flights still going Sunday morning....what to do....we want to go but also want to responsible....heads melted....up till yesterday we wernt going but the weather has peeeed us right off

You seem to be in the lucky position of being able to go without being bound by any restrictions. (Although you might find your travel insurance isn't valid while away, if you have any.) Go, act responsibly while there, and limit your movements when you return, would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

I'll bet they weren't expecting a green list to also specify advice against traveling to the countries on it when they put that to you in writing!

Remember, the green list is all about the 14 day quarantine on arrival. The insurance companies don't care about that. DFA travel advice is what dictates their plans.

Im guessing this too. Green list wont mean diddly (except quarantine lifted, and lifted for tourists coming in to Ireland to boot). Really the talk of it now just seems disingenuous given essential travelers are what exactly, Medics, Government Offcials etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

scrips wrote: »
    You seem to be in the lucky position of being able to go without being bound by any restrictions. (Although you might find your travel insurance isn't valid while away, if you have any.) Go, act responsibly while there, and limit your movements when you return, would be my advice.

I let me travel insurance lapse 3 months ago(yearly) as we had no intentions of flying this year, if i do go should i get travel insurance again?#

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Heres a map of Europe with the rates per 100k population over the past 7 days, as of yesterday.

Karte_Europa.png?__blob=normal&v=76

in the same bracket as Ireland is Denmark, Netherland, Germany, Italy, Greece, Slovakia, Hungary, Latvia, Luthuania, Estonia, Finland and Norway so they should be on the list to start with.

France / Spain / UK are another level up, so not desperate bad but slightly worse at the same time so whether they'll make it on a list is a good question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

There’s absolutely no way I would travel abroad without travel insurance. That’s my own personal opinion but I really do think it’s a massive risk to travel without it.

I let me travel insurance lapse 3 months ago(yearly) as we had no intentions of flying this year, if i do go should i get travel insurance again?#

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

johnire wrote: »
    There’s absolutely no way I would travel abroad without travel insurance. That’s my own personal opinion but I really do think it’s a massive risk to travel without it.

If you or the kids have medical card's they can get the European medical card. So you will have access to public hospitals in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree with you but travel insurance doesn’t just cover for medical emergencies. The EHIC card only covers health care and it’s still not the end all and be all- that’s why it’s recommended to take out travel insurance as well.
    Whatever about solo travellers I definitely think a family to travel without travel insurance is taking a big risk.

Limpy wrote: »
    If you or the kids have medical card's they can get the European medical card. So you will have access to public hospitals in Europe.

Acting CMO in this evenings presser said the list of Green List countries would be quite small and would not contain a lot of the usual holiday destinations for Irish people.

For a person supposed to fly on Monday at lunchtime (e.g ME!!) all I want is some clarity. Typical cloak & daggers stuff. They know the countries now. It’s not like they’ll just meet on Monday to decide them.

Heres a map of Europe with the rates per 100k population over the past 7 days, as of yesterday.

Karte_Europa.png?__blob=normal&v=76

in the same bracket as Ireland is Denmark, Netherland, Germany, Italy, Greece, Slovakia, Hungary, Latvia, Luthuania, Estonia, Finland and Norway so they should be on the list to start with.

France / Spain / UK are another level up, so not desperate bad but slightly worse at the same time so whether they'll make it on a list is a good question.

Hi, munchkin
    Where do you get this info from want to check it out over the next few days, thanks

Time to start guessing folks...

Will it be political... All eu?
    Will Spain and France be off the list?
    What about Greece??..
    Could they completely throw a curve ball and open UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Acting CMO in this evenings presser said the list of Green List countries would be quite small and would not contain a lot of the usual holiday destinations for Irish people.

For a person supposed to fly on Monday at lunchtime (e.g ME!!) all I want is some clarity. Typical cloak & daggers stuff. They know the countries now. It’s not like they’ll just meet on Monday to decide them.

Where are you flying to?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Where are you flying to?

Lanz. Very original I know!!!

Lanzarote..

Booked last Christmas...

But could change with agent to Greece on Monday.. as feeling canaries will be lumped in with Spain.. .

LilyShame wrote: »
    Lanzarote..

Booked last Christmas...

But could change with agent to Greece on Monday.. as feeling canaries will be lumped in with Spain.. .

If you change to Greece fly to Thessaloniki and go to Pefkohori. Just came back from there on Monday. Sensational.

Lanzarote..

Booked last Christmas...

When are you due to fly Lily...?

Not til the 6th August...

Not til the 6th August...

Less time pressure on you so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Hi, munchkin
    Where do you get this info from want to check it out over the next few days, thanks

That’s the map produced and updated by the German institute for infectious diseases, the Robert Koch Institute.
    It’s already been updated since this morning and Portugal has gone down a level, so that’s good , if not maybe not enough to get them on the ireland green list

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Quarantaene_Einreisen_Deutschland.html

Of course the Irish authorities can choose to use a different figure like the cumulative rate over 14 days or the R0 number or just pick countries out of their @rse as they see fit .
    I wouldn’t even be surprised if they had just New Zealand on the list the way they are carrying on, and ignore the fact that they have signed up for free movement within europe (but they can’t let the anti europe mask slip before the summit tomorrow when they are looking for a chunk of the 1.75 trillion eu budget and corona recovery fund)

That’s the map produced and updated by the German institute for infectious diseases, the Robert Koch Institute.
    It’s already been updated since this morning and Portugal has gone down a level, so that’s good , if not maybe not enough to get them on the ireland green list

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Quarantaene_Einreisen_Deutschland.html

Of course the Irish authorities can choose to use a different figure like the cumulative rate over 14 days or the R0 number or just pick countries out of their @rse as they see fit .
    I wouldn’t even be surprised if they had just New Zealand on the list the way they are carrying on, and ignore the fact that they have signed up for free movement within europe (but they can’t let the anti europe mask slip before the summit tomorrow when they are looking for a chunk of the 1.75 trillion eu budget and corona recovery fund)

Thats maybe why they picked Monday. Get the deal off the EU over weekend & then include very few EU countries on it.

• Advertisement

but they can’t let the anti europe mask slip before the summit tomorrow when they are looking for a chunk of the 1.75 trillion eu budget and corona recovery fund)

That explains it.... Has spain changed for the worse since yesterday, or am i reading that wrong:eek:

Advertisement