Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
05-02-2019, 20:47   #3301
MayoSalmon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forumsie
What's curious to me is how it's still burning, it's been hours and lashing rain. There are now pics of the flames (albeit from a distance) on the facebook page. What could cause a new house to burn like that? There's no fittings or fabric to catch fire and the walls should be fire proof.
There's plenty of fabric in the form of insulation between all the walls and especially in the roof/attic space.
MayoSalmon is offline  
Advertisement
05-02-2019, 20:57   #3302
DaffDaff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC99 View Post
Hi,

We just went to check, it's a concerning matter for 4 bed ones it seems. The 3 bed seemed OK with electricity in place. They have diverted the road in front of the 4 bed ones. We'll go and check again in half an hour and I'll try to update if we get something out of them.
Thanks for confirming the 3 beds are ok.... phew! Are the lights on in the three beds? I ask because you said the electricity is in place.
DaffDaff is offline  
05-02-2019, 20:57   #3303
Forumsie
Registered User
 
Forumsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayoSalmon View Post
There's plenty of fabric in the form of insulation between all the walls and especially in the roof/attic space.
Yeah but I would have expected that to be somewhat fire resistant in this day and age with all the regulations or it to be put out quicker at least. I don't know anything about fires and hope to never find out but I hope we find out the cause to put our minds at ease for our own houses
Forumsie is offline  
05-02-2019, 21:09   #3304
NC99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffDaff View Post
Thanks for confirming the 3 beds are ok.... phew! Are the lights on in the three beds? I ask because you said the electricity is in place.
Yeah, the electricity is in place for a few of the 3 bed houses (including ours). It's not in place for the entire row though. So I think maybe another few days for them. I think it was 14 to 20 numbers where I could see the bulb outside the door on.
NC99 is offline  
05-02-2019, 21:14   #3305
DaffDaff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC99 View Post
Yeah, the electricity is in place for a few of the 3 bed houses (including ours). It's not in place for the entire row though. So I think maybe another few days for them. I think it was 14 to 20 numbers where I could see the bulb outside the door on.
Great! Hopefully we’ll be called for snagging soon even though the fire may delay the process.
DaffDaff is offline  
Advertisement
06-02-2019, 11:13   #3306
NC99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffDaff View Post
Great! Hopefully we’ll be called for snagging soon even though the fire may delay the process.
*fingers crossed*
NC99 is offline  
07-02-2019, 09:31   #3307
LCBE
Registered User
 
LCBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Are any of those currently in the process of buying or those who have recently bought interested in querying with Ballymore the details surrounding the fire????
1. How did the fire start? Was there a fault with something permanently installed in the house i.e. the electrical installation? Or was is something specifically related to construction activities?
2. How did the structure and the passive fire prevention (fire stopping in cavities etc) installed in the house deal with the fire? Did the party wall (separating wall) remain effective for the required period (usually 60minutes)?
3. Are Ballymore carrying out a review? Will they make a review available to buyers / owners?
Do DCC Fire Brigade carry out an investigation? Are these made available to the public?
LCBE is offline  
11-02-2019, 10:20   #3308
Pokas
Registered User
 
Pokas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 14
Hi all,

We were just contacted by Ballymore to inform that we can snag from tomorrow.

If you haven't received their email yet, be ready to do so soon enough. I was expecting 1 week noticed and got 2 days. Good thing I already had a snagger with my name on the list.
Pokas is offline  
(2) thanks from:
12-02-2019, 14:04   #3309
NC99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 14
Hi everyone,

We just finished up our snagging for 3 bed Ash for last phase and we are happy with the construction. The only thing I am concerned about is the family bathroom shower area. It seems wayy too smaller than what we saw in showhouse.
Unfortunately, we don't have the measurements for that shower area. Can somebody help me with it if they have showhouse measurements? Or else where can I find that exact measurement?

Thanks!
NC99 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-02-2019, 15:15   #3310
Pokas
Registered User
 
Pokas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC99 View Post
Hi everyone,

We just finished up our snagging for 3 bed Ash for last phase and we are happy with the construction. The only thing I am concerned about is the family bathroom shower area. It seems wayy too smaller than what we saw in showhouse.
Unfortunately, we don't have the measurements for that shower area. Can somebody help me with it if they have showhouse measurements? Or else where can I find that exact measurement?

Thanks!
Hi NC99,

We met today!
The showroom was open this saturday since they are still trying to sell it. Joe did mention it but I really don't remember the size of the one in the Showroom. But I do agree with you, it's way too small...
Pokas is offline  
Thanks from:
12-02-2019, 18:27   #3311
NC99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokas View Post
Hi NC99,

We met today!
The showroom was open this saturday since they are still trying to sell it. Joe did mention it but I really don't remember the size of the one in the Showroom. But I do agree with you, it's way too small...
Hey Pokas,

It was nice meeting you. I really hope I can get exact measurement from someone here today who was smart to take it during viewings. I am definite there's some considerable difference.
I'll contact Jason or Ballymore if that's the case.
NC99 is offline  
Thanks from:
12-02-2019, 19:36   #3312
Forumsie
Registered User
 
Forumsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 173
Is anyone else's Cablewatch broadband not working for the past few hours? I rebooted the modem but it's still down
Forumsie is offline  
12-02-2019, 20:49   #3313
ITT-Pat
Registered User
 
ITT-Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC99 View Post
Hey Pokas,

It was nice meeting you. I really hope I can get exact measurement from someone here today who was smart to take it during viewings. I am definite there's some considerable difference.
I'll contact Jason or Ballymore if that's the case.
I don't have the measurements, but it is smaller than what was in the showhouse. I don't see what help contacting Jason will do. Its too late to make such a major change, and I'm afraid they aren't contracted to have the exact same specs as the showhouse for individual rooms


Quote:
Originally Posted by Forumsie View Post
Is anyone else's Cablewatch broadband not working for the past few hours? I rebooted the modem but it's still down
No I haven't had any issues with it at all this evening
ITT-Pat is offline  
13-02-2019, 09:34   #3314
insdami
Registered User
 
insdami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forumsie View Post
Is anyone else's Cablewatch broadband not working for the past few hours? I rebooted the modem but it's still down
I’m having issues at the moment, yesterday it was my first day with cablewatch. Have you had issues in the past? They said I might lose connection but for a very short period due to ongoing construction works

-- EDIT
I got an email from cablewatch:
Quote:
Apologies for the interruption to your service. This has been caused by a general outage in your area which our technical team are currently working on to resolve as quickly as possible.

Last edited by insdami; 13-02-2019 at 14:54. Reason: update
insdami is offline  
13-02-2019, 09:51   #3315
ITT-Pat
Registered User
 
ITT-Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forumsie View Post
Is anyone else's Cablewatch broadband not working for the past few hours? I rebooted the modem but it's still down
I spoke too soon! Ours went down last night at about 11
ITT-Pat is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet