Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo tab 4 8 plus €119

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Out of stock now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Showing 10+ in stock now, ordered one so will see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

RiseToMe wrote: »

Why would they not honour it? Is it a misprice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Yes, I got an order confirmation from Lenovo online store
    Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Did you get an email from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

Worth going up to the one for 149.99 ?

No idea mate just going by the ideas on here that it might be. For me it's 97 ex VAT so worth a punt anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They're on the way lads!!:pac:

esvyop.jpg

banchang wrote: »
    Worth going up to the one for 149.99 ?

Nah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Was really tempted, but I just couldn't sit well with a white one (wait is that racist? techcist??)

Just doing some browsing and see that Currys have it for €200. Opinions folks, do you think I'd be better splashing the extra €80 for the Plus or sticking with the standard one for €120? I'm actually in the market for a tablet anyway (inexpensive only), so I'm annoyed AF I didn't see this thread a few hours ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I ordered one hours ago when the op first posted it but I haven't got an email confirmation. Paid by PayPal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

https://i.imgur.com/kL2MpUd.png
    This is the email confirmation i got straight away but i paid with my debit card.

Email confirmation here too but also paid by debit card

Whether we get them or not,I love these type threads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

blade1 wrote: »
    Whether we get them or not,I love these type threads!
    Yeah, I don't even need one but those specs at that price is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Got confirmation, paid with paypal.
    Maybe check your junk folder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

superg wrote: »
    I ordered one hours ago when the op first posted it but I haven't got an email confirmation. Paid by PayPal.

got confirmation straighaway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I paid by debit card too. I have an invoice & order number but no email.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I had one in my cart, but right after I put in my credit card details at the check out I was told it was out of stock. Gutted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Ordered earlier on and I received an order submitted email, followed by an order confirmed email 2 minutes later. Paid by card.

• Advertisement

ordered an hour ago with card and got confirmation email etc all fine

fingers crossed lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

RiseToMe wrote: »

Yes. The ad says up to 50% off but this is a 60% reduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

I got the confirmation email, ordered 2. Hopefully they will arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I was looking at the wrong email address! I got the confirmation email thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Damn I was out in the evening and missed this. Was looking for a tablet. :(

Looks like they've changed the price of the out of stock black model to €269.99 now. I believe this was €149.99 earlier. White one still showing as out of stock at €119.99.

Finally got my email anyway. Many hours later.

Thanks op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Is this the spec of the one that was for 119 yesterday?
    Checked my confirmation email and no specs.

450250.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Peatys wrote: »
    Is this the spec of the one that was for 119 yesterday?
    Checked my confirmation email and no specs.

450250.jpg

Yeah, just checked the product ID # & it matches the one above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Screenshot from yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Screenshot from yesterday

The evil side of me want you to change the text in your link to "back in stock ".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Missed this...excellent deal whoever nabbed it...njoyyy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

The amount of people here by their own admission bought it without even needing it, how is that a bargain buying something that you didn't even need. It was too good to pass up etc lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    The amount of people here by their own admission bought it without even needing it, how is that a bargain buying something that you didn't even need. It was too good to pass up etc lol

Of course nobody needs it. That doesn't mean they won't use it and enjoy using it. It's not a box of nappies when you don't have kids, or a 10kg bag of dog food when you only have a goldfish FFS.

Hard luck on missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Phat Cat wrote:
    I had one in my cart, but right after I put in my credit card details at the check out I was told it was out of stock. Gutted

Look on the bright side, you have 119 euro extra in your account, did you really need this, most people have really good mobiles now, I never use my iPad which is about 6 or 7 years old at this stage, like you, i added this to cart and then asked myself, 'why am I buying this', it's only a bargain if you need it. Will use the 119 euro to buy something I need and will use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I bought it simply because I like catching up on Netflix on flights and my archaic Kindle Fire doesn't support the Netflix app where you can download and store offline.. so that's justification enough for me! :D

Will I be disappointed if it's a misprice and doesn't ship? Yeah, probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

No doubt there will be plenty available on Adverts next week for the 'still-a-bargain' price of €200 - €250 :D.

• Advertisement

I didn't need it, but its something we considered nice to have in work in order to facilitate record keeping at stations without using pens and paper and transcribing the record later to pc. But we needed a decent spec to run the apps we need, so at 97 quid we couldn't pass it while we didn't strictly need it. I'm sure others are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spott

Thanks OP. Was going to be buying the Amazon Fire 8 soon but this is a much better tablet! Hopefully it comes through.

Just got this.......

Thank you for ordering on Lenovo. Unfortunately, one or more of the products you ordered is currently out of stock and could not be shipped. The product(s) has been placed on backorder and will be shipped as soon as stock becomes available. You will receive another email notification when your order has actually shipped.

That sucks. Hopefully it won't be long and you'll get it.
    Just got this.......

Thank you for ordering on Lenovo. Unfortunately, one or more of the products you ordered is currently out of stock and could not be shipped. The product(s) has been placed on backorder and will be shipped as soon as stock becomes available. You will receive another email notification when your order has actually shipped.

Boradriver wrote: »
    That sucks. Hopefully it won't be long and you'll get it.

If it’s more that a few weeks they can F off. How can they take the order when they don’t have stock?

Its a tablet, who needs a tablet? A phone can do everything it can do.

120 brings it into disposable cash area..

• Advertisement

You have to bear in mind the amount of orders that potentially went through yesterday, no doubt due to the activity here. The site wouldn't necessarily been able to keep the remaining stock count up to date with the volume of orders coming in.
    If it’s more that a few weeks they can F off. How can they take the order when they don’t have stock?

Order still in process. No change from yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭54and56

Peatys wrote: »
    Its a tablet, who needs a tablet? A phone can do everything it can do.

120 brings it into disposable cash area..

You have an 8" screen phone?

I've a top end phone which can do everything a tablet can do and more (make calls, use WhatsApp etc) but when travelling for a few days I prefer to bring a tablet for primarily two reasons:-

1. I can keep on top of work via an 8" screen and Bluetooth keyboard whereas a 5.5" phone screen just doesn't have enough real estate to use productively for responding to emails, reviewing documents, spreadsheets and presentations etc.

2. I can load up the tablet with TV Series and Movies (downloading from Netflix is a great option) and watch comfortably on a large(er) screen than my phone which also means my phone doesn't get too cluttered with content.

It's €120.

A pitch side ticket to see Taylor Swift in Croke Park next month is €144 + booking fees.

All be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

august12 wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, you have 119 euro extra in your account, did you really need this, most people have really good mobiles now, I never use my iPad which is about 6 or 7 years old at this stage, like you, i added this to cart and then asked myself, 'why am I buying this', it's only a bargain if you need it. Will use the 119 euro to buy something I need and will use.

I actually was in the market for a tablet to replace my ancient Nexus 7 which is pretty much just a book end at this stage. €119 would have been an absolute steal for a tablet with those specs, assuming the transactions go through of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

Shades of the HP touchpad, this thread is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement