Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

enno99 wrote: »
    Did you try opening the socket adapter they sent ?
    the terminals in it could be loose one of the pins might not be making contact mine was sparking when I got it so I had a look like i said no fuse but every thing seemed loose I just put it back together as best i could and it worked fine ( still dont trust it )

Yeah mine's is the same.

I think deals do adaptors, might try one of those first.

Ok lads, mine is definitely dead. :mad:

New socket adaptor, and new charger adaptor from argos, still won't turn on.

This will be good craic arranging to get it back to China I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Ok lads, mine is definitely dead. :mad:

New socket adaptor, and new charger adaptor from argos, still won't turn on.

This will be good craic arranging to get it back to China I imagine.

I'd try negotiate with whoever you bought it from. If you hassle them a bit maybe they will replace it for a small charge or else give a partial refund - not sure what the cost of posting it to China is but may not be worth your while

I'd try negotiate with whoever you bought it from. If you hassle them a bit maybe they will replace it for a small charge or else give a partial refund - not sure what the cost of posting it to China is but may not be worth your while

Thats what I'm afraid of alright.

I wonder if my local phone shop would be able to take a look and repair it there?

I'm afraid if they have a look, and decide it can't be fixed, I may void the warranty.

If it was me i'd contact the seller with a thinly veiled threat - basically what can they do for you, it is broken but not economical to return, and you want to leave them a good review. From what i see, Chinese sellers worry about their reputation so can offer to help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

I wonder if my local phone shop would be able to take a look and repair it there?

I'm afraid if they have a look, and decide it can't be fixed, I may void the warranty.

why dont you stick a post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

might be somebody local to you could have a look
    someone there might tell you what they think will have happened might not be completely fried

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

is it because of a fault with the box that its broke or just your wiring at home so to speak?

why dont you stick a post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

someone there might tell you what they think will have happened might not be completely fried
    Done dude.
    Cheers.
    Pangea wrote: »
    is it because of a fault with the box that its broke or just your wiring at home so to speak?
    No the wiring is perfect in the house, everything else works flawlessly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Done dude.
    Cheers.

No the wiring is perfect in the house, everything else works flawlessly.

Did the box come with a two pin to three pin Travel adaptor!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭batistuta9

i've a 2 pin charger that came with the box & need to reset it into the adapter and that into the socket maybe 3/4 times to get it to work.

maybe keep trying it

• Advertisement

Did the box come with a two pin to three pin Travel adaptor!

Yes Mick, and I have since gone out and bought a new one (much better quality) same Amp/etc. Nothing
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    i've a 2 pin charger that came with the box & need to reset it into the adapter and that into the socket maybe 3/4 times to get it to work.

maybe keep trying it

No dude, I have tried this over and over again, Ive tried it in various sockets around the house but its dead as a doornail.

Have a ticket, including a video of the product not powering up away to a certain site based in China that we cant mention in here.

I will post up the response,

Yes Mick, and I have since gone out and bought a new one (much better quality) same Amp/etc. Nothing

No dude, I have tried this over and over again, Ive tried it in various sockets around the house but its dead as a doornail.

Have a ticket, including a video of the product not powering up away to a certain site based in China that we cant mention in here.

I've had issues with them in the past - keep hassling them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭batistuta9

keep trying at it anyway.
    with mine it's noting to do with socket, 2/3 pin adapter doesn't matter. it's just a bítch to get working.

does your box have a light on it? or have you a usb pen or something thats got a light to keep your eye on while plugging it in? i find it easier to see if it's working that way, you'll catch the flash of light coming on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Regarding the MINIX NEO X8 Plus and THE MINIX NEO X8H Plus
    I see the X8H one has Gigibyte ethernet and dual band wifi 802.11ac , is that important or just overkill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Pangea wrote: »
    Regarding the MINIX NEO X8 Plus and THE MINIX NEO X8H Plus
    I see the X8H one has Gigibyte ethernet and dual band wifi 802.11ac , is that important or just overkill?

Any options for faster speeds over Wifi or Ethernet on Android devices is not overkill.It's a major point for smoother streaming experience.That and about 2GB RAM ;)

Enno, thanks for the advice.......

See below.

Mad turnip......

31YgXJ.jpg

You sir are a fcukin legend!

Plugged the Asus laptop charger in, and up she lit!

If thank your post ten times if I could.

I owe you a beer man. Pm me your details. It would be my pleasure.

Glad you got it sorted :)

I think the China option would have been a nightmare

What Asus laptop have you ? I might try pick up a charger for mine

Glad you got it sorted :)

I think the China option would have been a nightmare

What Asus laptop have you ? I might try pick up a charger for mine

I agree, and seeing as my ticket hasn't even been replied to yet.....

Um, not sure about the laptop, I bought it back in 2011, will check the model number when I get it out of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,413 ✭✭✭droidman123

Hi I am just coming in to the tail end of this thread so sorry if any of my questions have already been answered.
    I,m looking to but an android TV box for the first time and wondered what people thought of this one
    https://www.dreamboxsireland.com/product/dreambox-t8/

Does the live TV streaming buffer or lag much? (I have decent broadband with Upc)
    I don't mind paying decent money for a decent box,preferably one preloaded with what I would need and one that updates automatically.
    Any recommendations would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hi I am just coming in to the tail end of this thread so sorry if any of my questions have already been answered.
    I,m looking to but an android TV box for the first time and wondered what people thought of this one
    https://www.dreamboxsireland.com/product/dreambox-t8/

Does the live TV streaming buffer or lag much? (I have decent broadband with Upc)
    I don't mind paying decent money for a decent box,preferably one preloaded with what I would need and one that updates automatically.
    Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Know a few guys who bought from.these and the after sales is shocking.

• Advertisement

That box is not bad but you should get it for close to half that online.

It won't come preloaded but my view is that if you don't know how to add add-ons then these boxes are pointless.

It won't come preloaded but my view is that if you don't know how to add add-ons then these boxes are pointless.

I know how to do it, i was just looking for the lazy option :)

I know how to do it, i was just looking for the lazy option :)

Quicker but much better off adding one by one as you need them though, some boxes are clogged up with hundreds of things

Quicker but much better off adding one by one as you need them though, some boxes are clogged up with hundreds of things

Have you any recommendation for a decent one? Theres so many available i dont know where to start. I really want to get a decent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Is there any paid add-ons/subscription services for live tv around ?
    A friend was getting the sales pitch on one of these boxes in an electronics store. They wanted money up front for the box and then a subscription to get all movies/sports/tv etc. Subscription was much less than Sky/UPC

I told him that I could source a box, add all the add-ons for a fraction of the cost but I thought I'd check here first.

I've used/use the free addons and assume someone is looking to charge for these or could they be hosting the streams themselves to make a few bob ?

Also retailers are selling these to people with 1-2Mb broadband which from experience is not fast enough to stream decent quality comfortably ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

we cannot talk about that stuff :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

I have a Pipo X8 coonected to TV via HDMI. The screen is replicated on the TV but with black borders. Is there a way to make it full screen without disabling the tablet screen? ie full size on tv and be able to control via Pipo screen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

will56 wrote: »
    Is there any paid add-ons/subscription services for live tv around ?
    A friend was getting the sales pitch on one of these boxes in an electronics store. They wanted money up front for the box and then a subscription to get all movies/sports/tv etc. Subscription was much less than Sky/UPC

I told him that I could source a box, add all the add-ons for a fraction of the cost but I thought I'd check here first.

I've used/use the free addons and assume someone is looking to charge for these or could they be hosting the streams themselves to make a few bob ?

Also retailers are selling these to people with 1-2Mb broadband which from experience is not fast enough to stream decent quality comfortably ?

I'm gonna assume its not the likes of D.I.D or power city offering him this service.

dendof wrote: »
    I have a Pipo X8 coonected to TV via HDMI. The screen is replicated on the TV but with black borders. Is there a way to make it full screen without disabling the tablet screen? ie full size on tv and be able to control via Pipo screen

Try settings /HDMI /scale mode /full screen
    that works for me but you will have to do it every time you switch to android

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

How does the new amazon box compare to the major android boxes?

Advertisement