Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A balls, another cup of coffee on my desk that I forgot to drink.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That Matula Herbal Tea ad that pops up on FaceBook all the time....that long awkward lingering fake smile from the actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Due to a loss of a major client me and a few others on temporary contracts will probably not be renewed. In addition some permanent staff were moved in a restructuring

Stressful time

My TA is my assistant manager boasting about his mid year bonus (perk of being perm) and how he might get a second hand Porsche.

Regardless of its true or not he should zip it.....or enter politics for being outstandingly out of touch

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    A balls, another cup of coffee on my desk that I forgot to drink.

Stick a few ice cubes in it, and voilà, iced coffe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

wildwillow wrote: »
    Hope it's nothing that you feel you should make an intervention. Hate that kind of dilemma.

Yes and no, it involves me slightly, so I don’t need to intervene to save anyone else, just myself. Still have a kind of decision to make, but I really can’t do anything till I prove it in a way that it is okay for me to know about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Hair headaches.

People ignoring copy deadlines.

People not fancying me back.

People in general.

Also, the person in my office who has seen fit to absolutely DROWN themselves in aftershave that smells exactly like Radox muscle soak. You know, that awful powdery stuff that used to make the bottom of the bath all gritty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also, the person in my office who has seen fit to absolutely DROWN themselves in aftershave that smells exactly like Radox muscle soak. You know, that awful powdery stuff that used to make the bottom of the bath all gritty.

I love this and other bath salts but it's hard to get masculine one but I've never had the problem of the bath being gritty because I always use very hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Bredabe wrote: »
    That I paid almost 5e for a tub of ice cream, cause the young fella on the floor explaining the flavours reminded me of my nephew.

TA at my brain because when I first read this I pictured a forlorn little man, lying on the floor, talking about icecream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've shopped in Aldi for the past couple of weeks, and keeping track of the difference in price between them and SuperValu. Kicking myself for not going to Aldi long ago, and the money I could have saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Due to a loss of a major client me and a few others on temporary contracts will probably not be renewed. In addition some permanent staff were moved in a restructuring

Stressful time

My TA is my assistant manager boasting about his mid year bonus (perk of being perm) and how he might get a second hand Porsche.

Regardless of its true or not he should zip it.....or enter politics for being outstandingly out of touch

This brings back memories of all of our jobs being under threat some years ago, and a senior manager (who was more than comfortably well off) holding forth to a junior member of staff (who hadn't a penny to her name) that she (senior manager) might have to <gasp> sell off one of her holiday homes. Ah memories :mad:

Hope things work out okay for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,021 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

madmaggie wrote: »
    I've shopped in Aldi for the past couple of weeks, and keeping track of the difference in price between them and SuperValu. Kicking myself for not going to Aldi long ago, and the money I could have saved.

You're a prime candidate to be in their next advert campaign!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

mikemac2 wrote: »

Stressful time

The Gob****e...

Put on a new outfit today that I thought was really cute. Boyfriend turned around and said I looked like an old lady :(

(I definitely don’t)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Put on a new outfit today that I thought was really cute. Boyfriend turned around and said I looked like an old lady :(

(I definitely don’t)

If you like it , wear it Kitty .

• Advertisement

Forgot my TA - waking up with an Ocular Migraine earlier . TH that they don't last too long .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    If you like it , wear it Kitty .

That’s what I’m doing Mam, what do boys know about clothes anyway? :pac:

I think I've taken on too many things to do. This juggling lark is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Lying little worms.

The moody weather and waiting for public transport in it .

Being overwhelmed with more decisions than choices .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

Looking for a new job. There were loads a few months ago but it all seems to have dried up for the moment :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Got my motorbike back on the the road after being on public transport for the past 3 months. Then finding out more stuff needs to be done ... money pit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Forgot my TA - waking up with an Ocular Migraine earlier . TH that they don't last too long .

I get those, Mam, they are rotten :(

TA I spent about €16 and the receipt says I spent €21.80 on Irish purchases.

First day of summer holidays here and the small tyrant is announcing she doesn't want to visit her Nanny and wants a playdate instead. Shoot me now :(

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I get those, Mam, they are rotten :(

TA I spent about €16 and the receipt says I spent €21.80 on Irish purchases.

First day of summer holidays here and the small tyrant is announcing she doesn't want to visit her Nanny and wants a playdate instead. Shoot me now :(

They're annoying as fcuk aren't they ?
    TA one eye still fairly blurry here tbh .

Hope the afternoon goes well R L , no matter where ye go !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This juggling lark is a pain.

That's why the jugglers get paid the most at the circus.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,527 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

stupid word games that dont recognise words like aglet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at feeling meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

madmaggie wrote: »

100%

I've been shopping in Aldi since a house move made it convenient but the savings are astronomical. Their food is very good quality too, except for the chicken though I have to say.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Posting things in the wrong threads. Twice!

Trying to defrost some meat.
    If you want it to defrost it won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

In the shop earlier, paid with cash. Had my hand out for the change but the sales lady drops it all on the counter right beside my hand.

As a guy one thing I hate doing is wearing suits. Know mater how expensive or well fitting they are they just make me feel uncomfortable and awkward.
    If you met a guy who loves feeling sharp and great in a suit they can never understand this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

As a guy one thing I hate doing is wearing suits. Now mater how expensive or well fitting they are they just make me feel uncomfortable and awkward.
    If you met a guy who loves feeling sharp and great in a suit they can never understand this.

You're not the only one mate. I detest wearing suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

People misusing the word "Seen":

"I seen this yesterday"

No. You have seen this or you saw it yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Bredabe

RMAOK wrote: »
    You're not the only one mate. I detest wearing suits.

Me too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

NIMAN wrote: »
    You're a prime candidate to be in their next advert campaign!;)

Anything is better than the "extra" prick, you mean "unemployed lad that draws the dole and goes around dressed as a viking because he is great craic".

Worked in an industry where I had to wear at least shirt, tie and slacks for 18 years, ****ing hate shirts they have a nack of snagging the tiny bit of stubble you missed shaving then pulls when you turn your head.

Now its tshirts and jeans for work and my other half nearly has to beg me to wear a shirt, I hate the vindictive bastards!!

People who buy into the Lidl and Aldi money saving ads, they dont sell branded items and compared their prices to branded items in the other shops.

You can shop in Tesco, buy their non branded stuff for around the same price and have the option of getting Heinz ketchup or whatever other non replaceables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Irish people who say "mum" and....anyone over the age of 16 who uses the term "my bad".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Ice cream vans. One just outside now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I got told today I was going too fast on my bike. That would be fair enough if I was cycling on a footpath or down Shop Street but I was on the main road, going around a corner and not fast at all. I could see someone who hadn't bothered to check if there was any traffic coming just about to step out onto the road so I said "beep beep" to warn her. That's when Miss Smartalec said I was going too fast and I said I was on the main road and cars would be going faster. Couldn't see her face as I had already passed but she probably gave me a dirty look.

Speaking of Shop Street, they have been doing maintenance for months and had a huge section dug up. I went down today and thankfully it was finished but instead of putting back cobbles, they put down huge sections of tarmac and it looks so hideously tacky and out of place. There's one section that looks like they dumped out a bucket of tarmac and didn't even bother to level it properly :mad:

I'm fully aware of how utterly arsey I'm going to sound here, but toasting mustard seeds - the fcukers just hop right out of the pan.

Also, while I'm sounding like a pretentious twat, getting the seeds out of cardamom pods is also a righteous pain in the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Put new tyres on the car last week and stones from our gravel driveway keep getting stuck in the new ones threads now and the car is going along the road tappy tapping like a fcukin demented tap dancer on cocaine.
    Doing my fcukin head in.

Put new tyres on the car last week and stones from our gravel driveway keep getting stuck in the new ones threads now and the car is going along the road tappy tapping like a fcukin demented tap dancer on cocaine.
    Doing my fcukin head in.

Try putting new tyres on the car and getting a thorn in the side wall after about three days and having to buy a new one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Try putting new tyres on the car and getting a thorn in the side wall after about three days and having to buy a new one!

Not good popcorn sorry for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Sending a goodbye email to colleagues and friends, cool and all the best. I’ll sign your card for sure

Sending to 2,000 people and we never heard of your department never mind you. Well goodbye but a little presumptious no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The place where I work will be up for sale before the end of the year. I wish I knew when, the uncertainty is annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Random bursts of energy late at night after walking around comatose with tiredness all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Random bursts of energy late at night after walking around comatose with tiredness all day.
    And then when you go to bed your mind will be going a million miles an hour :rolleyes:

Restless legs that won't let you sleep. :( :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement