Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Walking into a web.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Heard on the radio today that this miserable weather is expected to last into July :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I've lost a packet of skittles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had the car in the garage on Tuesday to replace a wishbone bushing that had gone. Anyway the mechanic rang to tell me the job was done and happy days, he didn’t need to replace the part after all, just fix it. But the car still makes a clanking noise going over ramps sometimes, so I swear if it fails the NCT on Tuesday I’ll be pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

"I could care less" ... So you do actually care more than you realise then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

General stupidity. Harping back to my earlier one about tv quizes and stupid people.

Watching 100k drop, two English people in 40s / 50s question was who was King during World War 2, even though I am not english I know Elizabeth is on the throne since the early 50s and her father was King and he died fairly young so a fair chance its George VI. Four options come up, they put their money on the other 3 options and went home.

Watching Tipping Point, both finalists in their early 30s :

The rays of what celestial body cause a lunar rainbow?
    Finalist A "the sun".

What is 2 cubed?
    Finalist A : "16"
    Asks finalist B, I would have said either "4" or "16"

How are there so many stupid people out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Everyone knows the answers are rain and 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭its_steve116

That when I see Bon Jovi on Sunday night it won't be with Richie Sambora.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

On the phone to my boss earlier spelling someone's name which begins with 'S'. Boss though I said 'F' so I said no, 'S' for... ummm.... aaaah.... SH!T!
    ...Really need to learn the NATO alphabet....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Same lady as earlier rant: I have now told you numerous times that you pronounce the word 'Féile' like Layla but with an 'F'. Yet you still insist on deliberately pronouncing it wrong every time. Like you're trying to piss me off. It is not feela, or f-eye-la, or any other bastardisation of the word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

On an AH thread today;

"Closed pending review"

Review of what? Not annoyed enough to actually try get an answer hence the TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

That when I see Bon Jovi on Sunday night it won't be with Richie Sambora.

I was only thinking of this when I got my tickets. A shame .. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

On an AH thread today;

"Closed pending review"

Review of what? Not annoyed enough to actually try get an answer hence the TA.

I know the thread you're on about Deebles...it seems like those who wanted it closed have whined and bitched about it so much, it got closed for "Review". Even the second one was subsequently closed...

People whose names are spelled the non standard way.

Only just started in a place and had to mail one of the D4 girls on the floor, email was first letter of first name and whole surname. First line of her email I said hi and her name and she jumps up and shouts down the office in a derisory tone "is that really how you think you spell <name>", I said "yes, that is the only way I have seen it spelled." She replies "God almighty, its spelled ****". I said "no need to get bolshie with me because your parents cant spell"

Or lads called Marc, when you first meet them, even socially they say, "Hi I'm Mark, with a c", I always say "Cark?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I found the skittles! :D

I keep seeing someone post the same "inspirational quote" pics every day about how they don't care what people think. If you have to post them every single day YA DO CARE!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

One more for the road. I’ve just seen my bf cut raw sausages with the same knife he then lobbed into the packet of butter. Reckon I’ll get about 5-7 years, might be let out on good behaviour.

Absolutely sickening 🤮🤢

I've had a headache since 6am this morning 😔

Also my Skittles appear to be missing 🤔😛

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Aglomerado wrote: »
    On the phone to my boss earlier spelling someone's name which begins with 'S'. Boss though I said 'F' so I said no, 'S' for... ummm.... aaaah.... SH!T!

My brain immediately goes into a holding pattern when I've to do that. "No no, not N, M. As in M for, er... mogwai".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The phrase “my truth”

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Salespeople at the door is it just me or are there like lots more the last two years?

We've a sign up telling no one to call if selling anything etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That cheap purple/pink handwash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

only 4.20 and the m50 has already been a carpark for 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why is it only 4.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Aglomerado wrote: »

Well if it's any consolation I've heard qualified radio operators mangle them too. S is officially Sierra but more often I've heard Sugar, although not.....:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

Had a recruiter(Oliver James) reach out on linkedin wondering if I had time for a quick chat about an opportunity she had, I said sure.

Then I see a message notification on my LinkedIn tab, so I go to message to see its the same recruiter saying you may see a missed call from me and can I ring her back when I am free.

I had my mobile on my desk about 5 inches from me and it never rang and there are 3 "missed calls" from the same number in a one minute period and its her direct dial, I never left the desk.

I fired a message back and said I have decided not to proceed with Oliver James, please remove all my personal data from your files and dont contact me again.

Get this the dickhead then proceeds to send me a passive aggressive email. "I am a little confused as to what happened perhaps you would enlighten me or maybe you dont want to hear about the wonderful opportunities we have", if it wasnt my linkedin she would have got a very unprofessional response.

Really tempted to screenshot with back story and tag her company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Customer service agents who don’t read your query and tell you what you already know, or answer with an unintelligible phrase, something like
    'We're unable to do that as that would be a pro rata issue.'
    What do they expect back? 'ah ok, pro rata, that’s fine so, thanks for that'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I was walking the dogs today and a small black car was coming towards me. They were going slow as it was a road that joins a main junction, so I noticed the people in the car. What I presume was the Dad was holding a baby around a year old on his lap :eek:

I was gobsmacked but kept walking when I heard a beep. Being the nosy culchie I am, I turned around to see what was happening and a Garda van going the other way had stopped beside them. The Garda was talking to the woman driver through the window and I was hoping they would get a fine or something but I think it was just a warning as both vehicles took off after a minute.

As the black car drove away I noticed it had a 191 reg. Ffs if you can afford a bran new car you can afford a baby seat. No excuses.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Everyone knows the answers are rain and 7!

No. 42. Always 42 for all of them. :cool:

My very big TA for today (not Vodafone-related, but let's just say I know understand why it's called Talk TO Vodafone, as opposed to Talk WITH Vodafone :rolleyes:) is that the square of coffee/toffee cake I bought at lunchtime and that I managed not to eat until now was actually quite greasy, quite non-descript, and thoroughly disappointing. What a let down.:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My other TA for today is when people ask you a barrage of questions, but then don't actually wait to hear the answers. Like, do you want to know, or not?

When you ring a place as a customer and the automatron tellls you to type in your account number, then you finally get through to someone and they ask you for your account number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

People who don't clean up after themselves in fast food restaurants.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement