Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Third cheek bite of the day, so far.

Guess this is the universe’s way of telling me I need to go on a diet.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Third cheek bite of the day, so far.

Guess this is the universe’s way of telling me I need to go on a diet.

Or keep eating to give your cheek and teeth more space ;)

I am convinced the place you bit swells, as its impossible to go the day without biting it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm sure I've ranted about this before but people who go "Half day, is it?" if you have to leave the office 15 minutes early for something. They're all going in the gulag when I stage my benevolent coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'm sure I've ranted about this before but people who go "Half day, is it?" if you have to leave the office 15 minutes early for something. They're all going in the gulag when I stage my benevolent coup.

We all eagerly await the start of your benevolent reign.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, so you DID get the job...

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

TA that someone I know keeps referring to my Filipino friend as “the Chinese one” when I bring her up in conversation. When I correct him he just goes “ah sure aren’t they all the same”. Eh, no. They’re not :confused:

TA that I’m full of TA’s lately.
    I bet he'd lose his mind if someone referred to him as British and he corrected them that he's Irish and they said "isn't it all the same?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I used to work with a guy who would say he was “taking off early” if he left anytime between 5:30-6pm.

He was always making out that he was “swamped” and did stay late but that was generally down to his bus home in the evening.

I once saw his screen changed to “power save” mode while he was staring blankly at it pretending his was working. He quickly moved the mouse and went back to blankly staring.

Nice guy for the most part though.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    1. Vodafone

And now, they've topped themselves - despite having lots of credit, 3322.10MB of normal internet allowance, and 7680MB mobile broadband allowance left, and despite not having changed a thing to my phone settings (I even rebooted it!), as of this afternoon I can no longer access the internet from my phone. And they still haven't added back the credit they stole from me. And they haven't replied my last three posts/PMs. I'm typing this from the library. If you see smoke coming through your screen, its source is probably my ears. If it's not back to normal by tomorrow, I'll contact COMREG.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Vodafone down all day. TA I couldn’t contact them or even google was it a nationwide issue or just me. TA I couldn’t come on boards and complain. TAAAAAAAA
    Vodaphonies

No, it's THEM. IT'S ALWAYS THEM!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

One more, 'cause I'm on a roll. People talking in the library. Loudly. Not whispering, or stage-whispering. Actually, properly talking loudly and discussing things and raising their voices. If I had spiked boots on, they'd each get one flung to their heads. I'm only here for non-vital reasons (important, but not vital), but there's another lady beside me who's studying, and another man who's job hunting. It would be great if the other two would shut the f*ck up ALREADY!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The Force is strong with you today NH :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

You should see me when I'm angry! :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Lots of aggressiveness in here today.......

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I joined Vodafone years ago.
    I logged into my account to view my details/etc.
    They had my number registered to somebody from Buncrana and I live in Cork.
    Name/addresses/etc were not similar.
    When I rang them to fix the issue they wouldn't really believe me and they weren't fully sure what to do!

RMAOK wrote: »
    Lots of aggressiveness in here today.......

At least it's not passive.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

One more for the road. I’ve just seen my bf cut raw sausages with the same knife he then lobbed into the packet of butter. Reckon I’ll get about 5-7 years, might be let out on good behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

One more for the road. I’ve just seen my bf cut raw sausages with the same knife he then lobbed into the packet of butter. Reckon I’ll get about 5-7 years, might be let out on good behaviour.

You mean your ex boyfriend?

New Home wrote: »
    You should see me when I'm angry! :mad: :pac:

But this made me laugh! :D

482697.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Your Face wrote: »
    People on the hard sell.

I went into a pet-shop to buy food for the dog - no he doesn't need a whole new change of lifestyle complete with accessories - just charge for the dog food please.

I got a Brown Thomas voucher as a present a while back. I wanted to use it to get Ray Bans. Went to the concession and the saleswoman told me about a buy one pair, get another half price offer. “No thanks” I said. My husband did actually want sunglasses too but he needs prescription ones so the offer was no good to me. So I went off to browse the sunglasses. But she kept telling me about the offer to the point that I was getting stressed out and beginning to feel irritated. But for I had a voucher, I would have walked out. I eventually had to tell her to back off.

And I picked the sunglasses I ended up getting quicker than I would have liked because she had such a pushy energy about her that I just wanted to get out of there. I don’t absolutely love the ones I picked out. If I’d not been tied by the voucher, I wouldn’t have spent anything there that day even with the definite purpose of getting a pair of Ray Bans. The voucher was just a bonus. She would have put me off spending any money. I’m not joking, every two minutes, she was approaching me, telling me about the offer and pressing different frames into my hands. She wasn’t giving me any peace to just try on different frames. Does that approach work on anyone? Awful.

• Advertisement

I know it's an old complaint but does money go anywhere anymore.

Just back from the filing station, now I know I got nearly 70 litres of diesel and a couple of bits and bobs but when the cashier says 101 euro odd it's still a shock

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

On the Luas the other day for my sins.Had a nice seat to myself.On my way to see my grandson,all was well with the world.

Until 2 saps sat beside me.One opposite and the other beside me.She kept leaning over me,yabbering to your fella.She was loud.I had to take my hearing aid out.
    Why do people not have any cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Just typed out a long, quite thoughtful post on one of the Traveller threads in AH. Pressed "Submit reply" got the message "Thread closed". So I tried to get around this by posting it in the other Traveller thread - same thing happened.

What a waste of my time and effort :o

Ah well, I'll save my future efforts for the more irreverent and enjoyable threads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Christ almighty, maybe I'm just a terrible person but I 100% could not give less of a **** about your stupid little problem. **** off and let me read the internet in peace during my tea break.

Free to a good home one unopened tube of sun cream 30 horsepower

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Free to a good home one unopened tube of sun cream 30 horsepower

is it waterproof?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pins and needles.

People who think directly in front of the coffee machine in work is the best place to have an idle natter.

Extravagant sneezers.

Oversharers.

Teabag in the sink-ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

icy weather delayed the plane with my package on it, coming from Vilnius ...won't have it in time for tonight I think...should be here for tomorrow night though so it's not bad

summer solstice next week but weather like December :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When you only need to use something occasionally, eg eye drops, and you are instructed to throw them out 4 weeks after opening after only using them a handful of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

When you're having a conversation with someone and a third person, uninvited, buts into the conversation and tries to take over. :mad:

Also eavesdropping. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement