Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Update lashing rain and windy. Horrible horrible horrible. Can’t wait to hear how cracking it is in Donegal today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Cracking is a bit of a stretch for mostly grey with a high of 14C! Definitely the best day all week though with some decent sunny spells for a while in the afternoon.

Normal service resumed in the evening though and pouring down ever since

We were on the beach twice yesterday.
    Dooey strand was lovely in afternoon

Wet morning here though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Forecast looks good for next week according to met eireann, admittedly looks more that way for the east but a lot more dry and sunny weather

Am I missing something? Next week looks like it couldn't be much worse!
    Also, if it's this bad in Dublin it means it's worse everywhere else! Really windy and grim in Dublin today.

weather.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

Up to 14mm in Sligo now for month. 86mm to another 100mm weekend.

12 and 13c look like temperatures next week a few days

Truly brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Screenshot-20200703-092817-01-01.jpg

Sure what more could you want at the height of summer :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ah shur throw on a coat and bring a few spare sets of clothes in a waterproof backpack. Be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Screenshot-20200703-092817-01-01.jpg

Sure what more could you want at the height of summer :pac:

is it any surprise we turn to the drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Met eireann saying otherwise in their outlook
    Also, if it's this bad in Dublin it means it's worse everywhere else! Really windy and grim in Dublin today.

weather.jpg

Hardly that bad, it’s been dry all morning. Yesterday was quite nice too

quote="Thelonious Monk;113922288"]Yet another horrible morning in Dublin.[/quote]

As per Met Eireann website (tomorrow around 20 degrees in the east too):

Monday there'll be showers in the northwest but elsewhere will become drier with some sunshine breaking through later. Temperatures will recover to near normal for the time of year with light to moderate west to northwest winds.

Tuesday currently looks dry and sunny with light westerly winds and temperatures around normal for the time of year.

Current indications suggest a slight improvement for the midweek weather with a small rise in temperatures as winds become southerly in direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

You'd be forgiven if you guessed this was a chart from February 2020 but nope, it's the 5 July! Welcome to summer.

pFlVT8e.jpg

weather.jpg

thats a very broad and very unreliable App - I have it too on my phone. It gives no breakdown and very much depends on where you are. Most of time its inaccurate for where I live. I used to stay at home and not go hiking based on that and the day would turn out fine. If I went by that I'd never go anywhere. ;)

thats a very broad and very unreliable App - I have it too on my phone. It gives no breakdown and very much depends on where you are. Most of time its inaccurate for where I live. I used to stay at home and not go hiking based on that and the day would turn out fine. If I went by that I'd never go anywhere. ;)

Oh I agree, but I just meant it's certainly not looking like we've any settled weather on the way, a mix of everything, although it has to be better than this week.

Hardly that bad, it’s been dry all morning. Yesterday was quite nice too

In my part of D5 it's dark, very windy, around 16c and raining bits and pieces. That's about as bad as it gets on 3rd July in my book!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lashing rain in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

The met Eireann showers in the Northwest is very vague in Summer

Some days it means it's mostly cloudy all day and misty and drizzly on and off. Most times that's July.

Other times showers in the Northwest means a few showers dotted through the day but plenty of sunshine in between.

That's June.

Also now that the Arctic is doing some rigorous melting this Summer we will probably end up with a lot of coastal flooding from our Winter storms too just to cheer everyone up more. At least the weather's not boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cold, windy, not too wet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I see Irish Water are reconsidering the hosepipe ban,think they need to lift it,its the only chance of it stopping raining

Rain has stopped in Donegal
    No breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Asshat of a day here in south Mayo. Drizzling all day with no break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

"scattered falls of rain and drizzle" according to Met Éireann.

Hasn't stopped here once.

Raining again in Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,079 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Connacht, Donegal and Clare

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Becoming very windy on Saturday night and for a time on Sunday with a risk of some disruption. South to southwest winds, veering westerly will reach mean speeds of 50-65km/h with gusts of 90-110km/h expected.

Valid: 22:00 Saturday 04/07/2020 to 08:00 Sunday 05/07/2020

Issued: 15:00 Friday 03/07/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Dry all day in cork city, don't think it rained much over night either. Very dull though and winds are picking up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

Becoming very windy on Saturday night and for a time on Sunday with a risk of some disruption. South to southwest winds, veering westerly will reach mean speeds of 50-65km/h with gusts of 90-110km/h expected.

What fresh hell is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

km79 wrote: »
    Rain has started. Expected to clear Monday

Which Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can only laugh at this stage
    Another weekend warning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Absolutely appalling day in Galway city. Sideways rain all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ffs that wind again sick of it!

Today went out for fancy lunch + small fire was lit in hotel + it was lovely!

That's sad for July. At least rain has stopped + not too cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

More hints of high pressure trying to re-establish itself at the end of next week on some models. Hopefully a renewed trend that direction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement