Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yeah grand morning in tipp,Sun shining through and feeling pleasant in it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Lovely bright morning in south mayo

Clouded over almost as soon as I finished typing that sentence !

Tomorrow looks nasty as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Nice bright warm morning here scattered cloud but you’d take it. Can’t cut grass etc as it’s still v wet but lovely to see a bit of blue sky and feel a bit of heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

lpC7WgU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Another dull morning in cork city. Some very dark clouds around but don't think it's going to rain. Hopefully brightens up later on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a huge improvement over yesterday's deluge conditions. Everywhere is now saturated and garden is back to like walking on a sponge full of squelchy sounds. I am hoping not to see a repeat of yesterday's conditions again till at least autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Dublin 5 seems to have gotten lucky compared to what other places in the east got yesterday. It was mostly dry with some spells of drizzle up until around sunset when the heavy rain got going. It's cloudy now after some sunshine earlier this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

I was having a discussion with my brother last night about the current weather and we were both reminiscing about 1997 and how that summer was very much the same as 2020 so I thought I would go on youtube and see if I could find the forecasts from that summer and I did!
    Its crazy to think that these forecast from July 1997 are very similar to todays weather..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭pauldry

Graphics of cloud a lot better in those days.

While most things computer wise have gone forward lots weather has not really

e.g. Just look at Met Eireanns much maligned website. It makes boards look state of the art and I cannot even attached an image.

There. Have I offended everyone now.

Cloudy and 15c here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Gonzo wrote: »
    a huge improvement over yesterday's deluge conditions. Everywhere is now saturated and garden is back to like walking on a sponge full of squelchy sounds. I am hoping not to see a repeat of yesterday's conditions again till at least autumn.

A wall-to-wall day of it is hard to forecast obviously, but the areas that got it bad yesterday are likely to be well topped up late on Saturday and across the bottom half of next week.

Unless we get a decent build from the Azores in the next few weeks, our farmers are going to be dealing with the opposite problem to their springtime. The jetstream is in the perfect position to feed in low pressure from the W and NW mixed with chunks of warm wet instability from the S. Not a great equation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Nice day today. They're even nicer when unexpected. Not much sunshine but 19c now wind or rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Nice day in Dublin 5, mix of sun and cloud but very pleasant. Got the grass cut and it was nice and dry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Met eireann said at the start of the week cloudy Wednesday morning sunny by evening..it ended up sunny in the morning and damp wet in the evening...totally the opposite...they also say fine warm sunny on Thursday 19 degrees...it ended up cloudy dull and cold

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Weather for the coming days looks grim enough. Lots of cloud with temperatures struggling to get beyond the mid-teens. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well it stayed dry today + no wind.

It wasn't very warm+ very little sun but it was certainly very pleasant + you could get out and about.

More of these days please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Cracking day in Donegal

Especially in afternoon

Rain has started. Expected to clear Monday

Rain has started. Expected to clear Monday

Are they giving 3 full days of rain?

Are they giving 3 full days of rain?

All day tomorrow
    On and off Saturday
    Heavy Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful afternoon. Dry still evening and night. Are we to be swallowed up in tomorrows rain? Thought I could see a break on the radar during the day tomorrow on forecast after news. Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

appledrop wrote: »
    Well it stayed dry today + no wind.

It wasn't very warm+ very little sun but it was certainly very pleasant + you could get out and about.

More of these days please!

Same in East Clare, few raindrops in the afternoon..
    Got lots done and nice run in...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭pauldry

Up to 7.5mm for July now as the weekly weekend rainathon begins.

Probably be near 100mm this weekend too and more bog dash, flooded lakes and landslides. Also look out for one of the coldest Julys I'd say.

Surely we will get the good August this year after nearly 2 decades.

Nice and windy again

Nice and windy again

You would be fairly sick of the wind now(and the rain of course).And the weekend is to be very windy again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Cracking day in Donegal

Especially in afternoon

Cracking is a bit of a stretch for mostly grey with a high of 14C! Definitely the best day all week though with some decent sunny spells for a while in the afternoon.

Normal service resumed in the evening though and pouring down ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Cracking is a bit of a stretch for mostly grey with a high of 14C! Definitely the best day all week though with some decent sunny spells for a while in the afternoon.

Normal service resumed in the evening though and pouring down ever since

I'm afraid summer is already slipping away for the W and NW based on longer term models for July - Given the record of August, it would be really be a turn up for the books if it rescued summer 2020:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Wind howling again. Very dark sky out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Another grey, wet and windy morning in East Galway. Heavy rain reminiscent of last weekend, not quite as windy but not far off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Forecast looks good for next week according to met eireann, admittedly looks more that way for the east but a lot more dry and sunny weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yet another horrible morning in Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement